RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well well. i got 7 place at the end.

Started way back and soon was up to 14 because to many went off track in the first few turns.
Then i got a BMW rejoin the track just in front off me:confused:. I made a error my self bye brakeing too late and away to last again.
After my good/bad first lap i started to close the gap to the drivers in front. My first problems was a Seat that was going off track and
then on again, makeing problems for the drivers behind. Thrid to flash ligths to tell him but no help. The driver did that 3 times.
My finaly heavy insident was when mr P Unt in a Honda, hit me in the rear. Off track i go , thru boards to pick up suspension damage.
Droping down again.
I managed to climb up the ladder to end up in 7 place.
Why was the damage sensitiv set to 60 ?. I personaly likes it higher.

I hope that race in the league is different.
Nice to see other norwegians driving too.
See you on the next event

hehe. Yeh i've been practising loads but it just seems to take the slighest bit of throttle applied early and BANG your in the wall :( . Ah well more practise and I might build up enough confidence to join another F1 session in the future ;) . Hope to see you all on track soon :)

Make sure you have not the backwing to low and don't have to high of powerlock. Arround 10 is good.
And one advice i can give and probably everybody can give you. Is just race online with the guys and you will learn very quickly and everybody wants to help. Thats what the Club is about. Fun and learning. :smile:

It was a thin strand of asphalt sitting on top of a sand dune just south of Sag Harbor. Last night we ventured on it once more to celebrate country roads and how we would really like to drive on them. A small crowd but at speed it could be a tight track.

I was prepared, and had SPEED! Eric had practiced but had no car. Luckily I had one for him and we went out to qualify. I did a 1:43.866 and think I had him by 0.1 seconds or so but all he did was follow me around and complain about the car I gave him.

R1: Eric takes off well and is first to the bridge but goes wide at the entrance to the Milsotne straight and I'm by. Just one wheel off and you're in terrible trouble here, sand everywhere. I lead the next 10 laps while Eric repeatedly closes in and gets stifled, either by my driving or the setup he's driving and I'm able to hold him off. The only way I can lose is by making a mistake. L12, T2 and I put a wheel of and go running up to the catch fence but still in control and still foot to the floor I get back to the track just before T3 and behind Eric. Seizing the opportunity, I slide inside him at the apex and move in front of him as we hit the Milstone again. Only, I continue off the left side of the track into the sand n weeds before coming back pout again behind him. No way to catch, P2.

R2: Corey gets the good start from the front row and I can only tuck in behind and go for every opportunity he presents to pass.We're a tight bunch, side by side, headed thru the lefts with Eric right behind us and Corey leads us around. At L2, T1 I see a chance to under Corey and I take it,I go into the sand and Corey follews me. Sorry if I shocked you into moving left there Cory! I'm back on the track at T3 but Eric is now firmly in the lead. Eric must have been using Motec and playing with the setup betweeen races, he's managed to take a good handling sandpiit car and turn it into a racer. Unfortunately, he's hitting the sand too many times and in two laps I'm in the lead. To cinch things up he continues to play in the sandbox and I gain even more advantage. P1

If only more people had entered, we could have maybe seen some really great crashes! There were too few of us however and no one was seen rolling thru the weeds alongside the track. Thanks Eric! RD! and Corey for a fun nights drive!

Yeah this could have been just insane had we gotten more entrants. OH well thats the way it goes while the ATCC is on the schedule this Friday.....

Thanks to Dennis for sending me a setup to get me started here! We had an epic battle in Race 1! I mad e amistake, Dennis Capitalized! Dennis made a mistake, I capitalized! We ran a very similar pace and had great fun racing!

Race 2 was fun with Koray in the lead to start. We all drove tight quarters action until the dreaded off by both Koray and Dennis. I made one huge mistake dropping a wheel inthe valley of lefts and going DEEEEEEEEEP into the brush and sand! I could gain some time back on Dennis but was driving soooo hard to catch him I continued to make a mistake after 4 laps and it sealed it up for Dennis to Win Race 2.

I liked this event so much I am considering putting it back on the calendar next week! I think we would get more entries since it's an off week for the ATCC!

HAd lots of fun chasing the "baron of Bridgehampton" Dennis Phelan. Hey Den, At least ya didn't go careening off at 120 mph on your motorcycle tonight! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%