RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

OK guys I put up a time attack and setup in the online files. Keep in mind that was a full out lap that does not reflect the risk / rewards of a 10 lap race here. The steup was a lightly mdified Watkins Glen GP setup.

BTW, Who's in for Mini's at BRidgehampton tonight?

also, That Nigel fellow won the 80 minute race in the Mini's here at Sachsenring. Running sub 3 minute laps pretty consistently. Better hope he doesn't wake up.....LOL

• Jake McCloy

can't join server

I downloaded the files for this server and copied the folder called "Gamedata" to c:/program files/Steam/steamapps/username/race07/. I'm able to start a race event with both tracks
but when I try to join the racedepartmet online server it responds with an error message about
different versions or something.
Can I get some advice regarding how to fix this?

i would love to do this event, but i fear racing at 2am for an old fart like me is maybe asking a bit much.

you can put me down as a maybe :eek:

heres a TA lap 2:22.4 (i didnt push to hard on that lap and could go 3 secs faster but the lap was quiet suicidle lol)

Nigel,

You won't be the only UK runner at 2am.

And a great track requires a great car, so I thought that I'd make one.

And when I wrap it around a lamppost, at least I'll look good.

Attachments

• Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R.jpg
    Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R Front.jpg
    Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R Front.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 211
  • Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R l beauty.jpg
    Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R l beauty.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R r beauty.jpg
    Bon Accord Ultimate DB9R r beauty.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 220
Been messing around with the R8 a bit today. I am pretty consistent in the high 21's to low 22's. I can go faster, been nearly a second up on my time, but that's full risk and usually doesn't end well. lol. Will try some of the other cars and see how I fair. Eric's Vette ghost is killing me in the straights.

I think the Vette will be the car here. IT gets off the corners better than anything else regarding engine performance and it's pretty slippery aero wise.

Of course some guys will choose a car that they can drive comfortably since its a 10 lap race and finishing the 10 laps will be worth at least 7 spots regardless of Qualifying position.

Edit: Races aren't won in the corners on a track like this. It's about speed OFF the corners and down the long straights since most of your time is spent at WOT here.

OK, uploaded a ghost for the Audi. 1:21.444. Despite the lack of speed compared to the Corvette, it is a great car to drive. It feels the most stable out of them all. I will upload my Audi R8 setup for anyone that wants to give it go.

Eric, I think your setup upload failed. Assuming it was a setup for the C6R, it is not showing up in the online files section.

OK new Ghost lap at 2:20.6. I'll resend the setup .

Rumor has it a 2:19.1 has already been achieved in offline Practice mode.............

Realistically, if you can run within 2 seconds of your very best lap then your going to do very well here! I Mean 2 seconds for al l10 laps! he he he he he

Not so easy...............

What is this rear wing that you speak of!!!!!

I was on 4. I think I could have gone lower as the only rear grip problem that I had was exiting the s's onto the front straight. If I remember correctly that was just a spot that quite a few were a little loose at, let alone the second slowest corner on the track so the wing was not playing that much into it.

I do have my sawzall out for next week!!!!!

Uploaded a new ghost lap for the Audi. 1:20.592. Made a big mistake on that lap costing me at least .5. I am pretty confident that the Audi is capable of a high 1:19.

Eric, you know I had to best you. :tongue:

Edit: Well, I achieved my goal for today, a 2:19.580. :biggrin: Updated the ghost lap as well. It wouldn't let me overwrite the setup I uploaded earlier. The only change is -2 clicks rear spring tension - for better drive out of the slow corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back