RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well I can sum up my debrief in one word. Sorry.

Practice and Qually ran just fine for myself planting myself at p4 for the start of R1.

R1. I get a great start and fall into line behind the front 2 vehicles. I then pull a bonehead move and hit Stefan on the back stretch. I take full responsibility and am very sorry for the hit. R1 clearly was not going my way as I have a few more moments. Bad race for me and those involved in my bonehead moves.

R2 I am sitting on the inside of row one and get a great start again. I pull a little bit of a gap by lap 5 and choose to slow down as time attacking with a full paddock of cars behidn you is not what I was looking for. I think that in slowing my pace I through myself off and just forgot how to drive the track. I caused quite the mess in the s's and hope that noone is upset with me.

Overall I am completely sorry for my dismal driving last night.:frown:

Alright, time for my report. Let me get you all started with a little video I put together. This is what set the tone for the rest of the event.

http://www.trackdevil.com/watch/2b49434efe9e72f183de/GT-Sport-Lap-1-incident-at-Mosport-'77

Quali: As I told Eric during practice, I knew the Mosler had some serious pace in it. I managed a 1:16.500 and am pretty sure I could have squeezed another tenth or two out of it. This was with Eric's setup from the online files section. The only change was less fuel of course.

Race1: Got a decent start and stuck to Keith's tail into Moss. As I was afraid of, the vette's low end dominance quickly became clear coming out of Moss onto the Andretti straight, as Keith pull away with ease. Knowing I had Sam behind me in a vette as well, I decided to stick to the inside line, knowing well I could carry much more speed coming into the Esses. Unfortunately Sam tried to go through me rather than around me. Upon impact I lost the rear and as I was starting to spin I got hit in the nose by Sam, prior to going backwards into the wall. I had to wait and let on coming traffic through before rejoining the field in 12th. Much to my surprise I didn't find anyone waiting for me. :frown: I was really mad at this point and I let it affect my driving, resulting in a couple of mistakes. Despite having a rather banged up car, I managed to fight my way up to 4th. Then as I was coming across the line I was gifted 3rd by Eric N, whom was waiting for Glenn at the line. So, all things considered, not a bad result at all.

Race2: Starting from 6th on the grid, I got an excellent start, but had to tap the brakes, as those in front of me weren't yet moving. lol. Got involved in a bit of battle with Glenn, which was fun, but I was a bit to desperate to get past and hit him a couple of times as a result. (sorry for roughing you up a bit Glenn) It was hard for me to race close to others, being that I was clearly able to carry much more speed in the corners, but I would lose ground on the straights, making it near impossible to pass. Eventually we got a bit tangled with Blair and I ended up hitting Glenn pretty hard. Once Glenn got going again I went around the next corner and waited on Blair, as I wasn't sure what exactly had happened in T2. I lost a lot of time waiting on him and eventually noticed he had retired. I was now back down in 12th again and way down on the leaders. I fought my back and had a few good battles on my way. With 3 to go I was within sight of Sam and Warren whom were battling for 4th. I managed to get on Sam's tail within a lap and was gifted 5th as he ran wide in T3. I now had a bit of a gap to close to Warren and arrived on his tail coming through the Esses for the final time. With no time to attempt a pass I crossed the line in 5th.

Mosport still is one of my favorite tracks and hope we return here for some more racing soon.

Thanks to Eric for this together and see you all next week in the GT-Pro's. :smile:

i would love to do this event, but i fear racing at 2am for an old fart like me is maybe asking a bit much.

you can put me down as a maybe :eek:

heres a TA lap 2:22.4 (i didnt push to hard on that lap and could go 3 secs faster but the lap was quiet suicidle lol)

Attachments

• Nigel Atkins - 2_22_437.ta
    122.2 KB · Views: 228
Ok so Brain Brewer and I waited around till about 10:10 in the server but no one else showed up. Pitty as I was ready to race, it's all good though. I hope Thrusday night FM race doesn't go like this, I am really looking forward to Laguna. Oh well good night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back