RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

WOW I am amazed all you guys are signed up already! I guess the GT class club race is getting to be fun? LOL

Yeah this won't be easy. I am going to have Eric turn down the damage sensitivity a bit so if you bounce off something the car isn't destroyed the first time. he he he he he

TUtorial to follow later today!

Warren I own one of your incidents at the hairpin. I just didn't brake enough to avoid your bumper. It was my fault completely. The one in Race 1 where you drifted wide coming down the hill I couldn't hold the car inside as it pushed out to you just enough to tap you. But as evidenced from my understeer, we were driving on the limit there. Sorry again but I thought that was just a racing incident on that one.

On another note, This was the first time we had more than 8 cars for a GT event. Combine that with the raw speed these cars produce with this track configuration and it's a recipe for contact I think. The event will likley continue in popularity and the drivers will continue to adjust to these cars vs. a touring car. BIG BIG diference.

overall, I though t it went rather well considering.

Thanks to Jarrod, Eric and Rd for this event.

My heart was pounding hard enough for my ribs to be crashing against each other, my pulse was racing faster than Lady GaGa's lyics and I had to remember to take each half lungful of air that I could get, all that and I was never really under pressure or in a tough race. This race was fun. Yes a lot of cars were flying off and sometimes nudged by drivers too quick to pass or too late in judgement but it did fulfill the SimBin, GTR Evo racing model to a T.

Luckily I had spent over 150 laps online and off at three different tracks to get used to the Mosler that I chose to drive. First time in it I believe! I was about two seconds off of Stefan's Mosler time in his but I had confidience that I could put laps in and not wreck, to be able to take a stand anywhere on the track and push a good pace all race long. No tire problems at race pace, the car was good. I was a happy driver!

Anticipating a ruckus on lap one, I took a slow, 1:33 sec lap for qualifying to start on the last row or there abouts.

R1: This is a 15 lap race, not a 12 like I thought!!! Good thing I had completed several 16 lap strings of laps in practice so I knew I could go the distance. L1, Willi's off and his nose collects me as I approach Moss for the first time, nothing he could do. L2 and I'm loose on the outside of T2 and everyone behind gets past. L8, trying to stay close to EricE for a future pass, I tap his rr corner entering Moss and stop to wait for his return to pavement, Sorry BobL, didn't see you coming around the corner! L8 I get the pass made on ErichE, he must have been helping me, I passed him? The rest of the race was just driving at a good pace untill the last lap when , with Blair in front of me I gave it a go, a wheel in the sand in Moss spun me around and the hunt was off. P9

R2: Start in the middle of the pack, slow lap to P8 and then an off at T1 as the next lap begins, down to P12 with KeithB behind me, Again!. P13 as Keith goes by and I tuck in behind Wille. L3 Willi moves to avoid EricN coming back onto the track but I don't see him till the last second and knock Eric onto the track, I lose some time but no problem. The rest of the race I drive my reasonably priced car around the track until Stefan closes and edges by at the Andretti straight on L11 and cruise the last few laps to a P8 finish.

Given the fact that I'd never driven the Spyker before, had no set up and only 8 laps of practice before qualifying, i'd say that I had a fairly good night.

The only reason that I chose the spyker was because I had a fancy "golf ball" skin for it. It just wasn't nearly fast enough in a straight line for this circuit. It was excellently stable under braking which meant that i could brake really late. I gues that this will be a good car for a twistier circuit.

First few practice laps were high 20's but with a decent set up i got that down to a 22. Happy with quali as I managed to push the time down further to a mid 20 which had me starting at 18th or so.

Race 1 got an excellent start only to find that everyone else was still at a standstill. So had to back off. Other than the incident with Denis that found me stalled, facing the wrong way and blocked by my team mate Linus, the only other incident was me beaching myself on the inside of the hairpin and losing 2 laps trying to get off. Times in the race were down to low 1:20's but I just kept out of the leader's way and drove to a finish in 14th.

Race 2 Again good off the start but everyone else was slow, so had to back off again. FInished up on the grass from a knock in T1 bit from then on, a reasonably uneventful race. My only real highlight, passing keith!!!.

Finished 11th and just out of he points.

My only bugbear was that much of this track was probably too narrow for these monsters. Longer wider tracks needed.

Willi's off and his nose collects me as I approach Moss for the first time, nothing he could do.

Denis sry about that, I'd Just collected it again and was straightening it back up when you ran through.

Sorry, no rematch this week William - shame because I'm a Laguna Seca fan. Have fun! (I'll be doing autoX and hotlaps at Myrtle Beach speedway)

No problem Eric, I'll be around so we will meet up again. I saw you in the GT sport race last night, good race. It seems like that is where all the action is. I would love to get into the autoX fun, I picked up a mazda miata earlier in the year to hopefully go have fun with, but now that the weather is getting warmer, I find myself taking the bike out more.

Mini + Shorter Tracks = More Fun

Oh One more Extremely long track
shocked-smiley-9470.gif
shocked-smiley-9466.gif

Let's make it short this time ? :tongue:

Ledenon (2008)

Laptime: 1;37 (qual) Short enough!
It's a fun track, espacialy for this mini cooper car

Also ... what about doing 2 x "sprint" races this time out to make things a little more varied??

After "Racing" or should I Say driving(ok Crashing /Driving:smile:) around Sachsenring I'm looking forward to Portimao.

That said I have to agree shorter tracks or a couple of sprint races would be a bit more varied and Fun. Bumper to Bumper, wheel to wheel action and overtaking are the most exciting and FUN parts of racing. The trouble with the long tracks is that even if you get a Full Grid, often after the first lap or 3 the cars spread out, cars crash out and the "race" becomes a lonely solo affair with little action. An 80 min race plus practice and Qualifying can mean well over 2 hours sitting in front of a PC screen(not recommended)going round a track on your own. If you spend several hours during the week and just before the race practising and then get dumped out of the race on the 1st Lap (often through no fault of your own) it's a real pisser. Thats tough in real life Racing but we are meant to be playing Fun Friday Night Sim Racing. A 2nd race at least gives you a shot a racing if you DNF in the first race. The other alternative is to turn down/off the damage so hours of practice are not wasted so easily. I'm certainly not against long tracks, I just don't think they are particularly suited to the MINI.

A proper vote on tracks might be helpful as the track can be decided before you've had a chance to make a suggestion or read the thread.

• Kevin Barrows

i would like 2 try heiki in the renault............I hope that being a newb is alright I use 2 sim in many leagues years ago.........So at least im not a wrecker ...thanks

I'm not going to be able to do this i think. Turns out ive got a small fracture in my right hand after an accident at work, and have little use of my right index finger now its been bandaged to my middle finger, i cant use the controller now.

Will be out of action i think for a few weeks too.

:)

OK my race report. It will be a bit brief but I'll hit the highlights and low lights.

Quali's P3. Got all out of my car I could and help P2 for a bit til Stefan throws a warp speed lap in the MOsler to snatch my front row posit! Well Done Stefan and Keith!

R1 start behind Keith. I spin the tires off the lie and lose 2 spots to Glenn and Sam. On thwe bcak straight on Lap 1 Sam and Stefan have a moment and Glenn gets a tap form me while I am closing very fast. I am P2 behind Keith. I know full well I need to give back a spot to Gelnn but I can;t do it inthe middle of the fastest corners coming up so I soldier on.

Lap 7 I finally reel in arren in P2 and pass him siccessfully on the back straight. I stretch it out to about 4 seconds by race end and park it on lap 15 at the start finish line and wait for Glenn to cross then score myself in 6th.

R2. Starting 3rd on the grid again. I geta crappy start almost killing Blair in the process. I am behind Glenn again with Stefan lurking a car length behind. We race patiently and clean thru MOss with Stefan passing me in MOSS! I repass on Horsepower up the back straight. LOL I am P4 still.

I go off track on lap 2 and drop to 7th. darnit! chasing Warren and Corey. Warren runs wide on the very fast downhill left and loses it. After seeing the replay Warren I didn't touch you there you looped it on your own! damn I waited for you thinking I had contact. Oh well it's a club race! I loop it againn trying to get on track then finally get on track and right in Willie's line! BAM! Then Dennis hits me. Bam! I am a total idiot! Sorry guys really bad on me.

I am P12 with 12 to go. nice work man.............. Willie goes Agro and I get to 11th Stefan , Blair and Glenn have a moment and I pass to P8. 10 to go. William , Eric, Warrena dn Keith are ahead by 4 seconds. Eric E gooes Agro I am P7. William goes Agro next lap I am P6! Keith has an off in Moss and is P5 I am closing on Warren, Keith and Caramidaru battling pretty fiercly from what I can see 2 seconds back. I keep gaining and eventually get right up to Warren ain Moss but cannot pass. I go off giving back 5 seconds to the group! darn it!

Sam and Corey have a moment and Cara, Keith and Warren are hurtling into the last fast right hander b4 the righty to the straight. there is contact between cara and Keith as it looksl like Sam is in Cara's Line and he goes left to aviod a collision! Holy cow Warren gets thru and I do too! P3! man this is insane! We chase Corey in P1!

Corey eventually goes light Agro and I am P2 and right on Warren's tail! 5 to go! Warren under pressure drops the left rear in the dirt at Moss. He gets collected and goes for the apex to the back straight, I get there with a bit tii much speed and tap Warren sending him in the grass and pointed back wards. Crap! I wait for Warren and we resume back in P5 and me in 6th. Sam slows for me on the back straight? no need Sam nest time just go!

Warren is P3 and me 4th now having passed Sam. I Pass Warren just before Moss Giving me P3.

I eventually catch back up to Corey and Keith on the last 1/2 of Lap 15 and can't get P2 from Corey. .188 seperates Corey and I at the line.

I thought the racing was pretty awesome form my seat! Warren and I were literally inches apart on several occaisions and it was exciting stuff!

PLease remember too, this was a Really BIG FIELD on a fast demanding course! I thougt it went remarkably well all considered!

PLeanty of road at SACHSENRING! gear up it will be epic!

I guess I was one of the lucky ones last night, I wouldn't have known about much of the carnage last night were it not for these post-race reports :o I guess I should go back and watch the replays - sounds like entertaining stuff!

Qual: GT cars aren't really my strong suit, so I usually go with a basic "safe" setup which leans more towards drive-ability than sheer speed. With that in mind, I ended up right in the middle, as I expected, in P9.

Race 1: Cars seemed really close on the starting grid to me - anyone else? As Randy pointed out, he had a bit of trouble with the start (no need to apologize), which was probably a blessing in disguise as it held me up just long enough to stay clear of some of the incidents ahead. I stayed mid-pack for awhile and 1 by 1 cars started dropping off-track, and I found myself behind Sam. We must have played cat-and-mouse for 2/3rds of the race battling over 4th/5th place. He was definitely faster than me, but the poor guy must have went off at least 6 times in turn 2. So I would pass and a few laps later he would catch me, and the cycle would repeat. This continued until lap 14 when, again, I was chasing him closely and ended up giving him a slight nudge at the entrance of the esses. He went off and slowed down to wait, but for some reason his car disappeared off the track. I think he said he got flagged for passing me, which was bizarre - He deserved to be up fighting with me until the end. Good race overall though.

Race 2: Started in P5 I think and was able to get through the first corner unscathed. Something happened at Moss and I found myself in P2 chasing who else but Sam. Several laps went by, and I fought to stay within 2-3 seconds of him. I'm not sure what lap this happened, but Sam all of a sudden was going very slow. At first I thought he broke something, but I never saw him leave the track. I went on past him and shortly after he was back on my tail. I can only assume he got bored and let me pass. Coming into the esses he was quite a bit quicker than me so I decided to go wide and let him past - little did I know the new line I took had no grip and I soon was off to nose into the wall. I think he tried to wait, which was a nice but unnecessary gesture, but I think he got collected in some mess that occurred almost at the same time involving an infamous "red BMW" and I saw he fell way back. So, amazingly enough I was about to rejoin now in P1 with Keith hot on my tail. He seemed to have a temporary loss of focus and went off track shortly after, again yielding P1 to me. I tried to hold on for dear life the rest of the way but again had another off into the same wall as the handling was compromised the first go-round - and Keith shot past again. I took it easy the rest of the way to ensure I finished P2.

Lots of fun last night, great to see bigger starting grids. See you next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back