RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow, I should be shot for that. I ruined 3 peoples race in race 2. I'm really sorry about that William and Eric. I had a huge run on William on the fast right hander and I didn't brake hard enough. William took a nasty ride and ended up back onto the track, where, I think, Eric had no where to go. I was so disgusted with myself that I quit the race. My apologies, again, guys.

oof more Jeckyl and Hyde for me tonight.

Practice: Havingot mess around big with the car to get it not to bottom out everywhere and still be somewhat driveable. Prolly had 10 starts to a single lap only to abort for anotehr change to the car. I hammer on it and hammer on it and get 2nd quick I think but still quite a ways behind Yves who is always smokin quick in these cars.

Q: Lower fuel load for a 5 lap run and head out with my best setup yet. I run in the 58.5xx and drop in the pits for one more attempt at an adjustment and hotlap. can;t break my time so I grid P2 behind Yves who is about .6 quicker so far.

R1: get a good start staying very even with Yves but he just beats me to T1 and has position inside. I immediately try to apply pressure to see if I can force a mistake out of Yves. NO JOY! he slowly seperates from me til about lap 6 when he goes off exiting the last corner to the main straight. I sail by and have about a 3 second lead. I hold Yves off for 2 laps where he only gains about a second. Then I make a couple minor mistakes and Yves is up on my wing. I go slow and wide off the same corner he looped it in and he is P1 with 2 to go. My car is getting squirrely with the low fuel load but I hold P2 til the conclusion.

R2 I start 7th and get a weak start. I am cautiious with everyone on clold cars in front of me. I drop to P9. Joseph Edgar is hacking on the wheel in every corner and I tap him mid course. No hurt for him as he saves it and we go on but have lost a bit if ground to the whole field. HIs pings get VERY HIGH if you get close and I am very leary about passing him anywhere but a straight away. We slide thru the kink and down the straight me looking to make the pass on Joseph and Sam V. IN an instant my race is over.......here's the vid

I got some serious air on that one. I'm sorry it went down like that Eric. I pulled off my best time to date in qualifying and got me on the grid in 5th. The first race went well I was able to get up to 3rd in front of Glen after he had an off. It didn't last long before Glen came back for more and brought Lazslo with him. I ended up going off and letting them both by. I had a 2 good runs on Lazslo but to many mistake stopped me from catching him. Race 2 I started in 4th but never made it off the first lap. Glen and I played rock, paper, sissors into the kink and we both lost. I never expected him to try to pass there so I never saw him coming. The next thing I remember is spin, spin, wall, spin, spin stopping in the middle of the track, atleast facing the right way. I looked into me mirror and saw 2 cars, one went left and one went right, and there was Eric right in the middle.

I'll be sending flowers and condolances...

My race was much more sedate, I was shocked to see the times everyone was putting up when I logged on late for practice, anyway, with a Q9 position, practice is what race 1 became for me.

Race 2, Started 2nd beside Eric D. and got a good start off the line down to Turn1, where Joesph came storming around the outside to take 1st as I fell back to second. Turn 3, I got 1st again as Joesph ran wide and then I focused on trying to hold my line and go...I was not aware that anything had happened behind until after I slid wide at the corned before the front straight, letting Yves, Lazlo and Eric D by !!! I rejoined in 4th. After that I became the Benz smoke-meat in and Audi sandwich as I tried to pressure Eric in 3rd and Sam was right there in 5th.

Around lap 8 I think Sam had an off and that gave me a chance to put some pressure back on Eric, but he hung tough. Nice drive ED! Thanks Eric for the race and the excellent race report and congrats to Yves on the double win and the podium. Thanks all, see you next time!

?????? 02.00 gmt???? isn't that GMT+2 for me? that makes 04.00gmt. I and Michael are very confused. And dissapointed that we can't participate.
Yuri first let me clarify something, the GMT time never change no matter where you are in the world, the time that is changing is the local time versus the GMT time depending where you are in the world. lets take this event for exemple the event was starting at 21 ESDT, for me my difference with the GMT time is +4 meaning the GMT time was 1 AM GMT Monday June 7th. now your saying that your +2 so the event for you was starting at 3 AM Monday June 7th local time not GMT. now lookig at the top post i think Eric simply forgot to change the GMT time, it shouldn't read 2 GMT but 1 GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 207 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%