RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

The car felt great and I had some decent pace up until my engine got so bad that 6th gear was nearly unusable. lol

I was also having problems with the engine from lap 3 when i crashed just a little bit to a wall and the mechanic indicator was red.Before that i was managing to go with over 270km/h in straight,but after,not even a 260km/h and in most of the corners the gear wich it was good for the corner was now with one lower than normal. :) Good race overall.You shoud be happy for the fact that you finished the race at least.:cool:

I was rolling over in lap 8...and got engine damage =(
nord1.pngnord2.png

last lap i get blue flag i was trying to get out of the why and blue viper rammed me...got of well..then rammed me again...don;t no why

- I tell you why, because I did not see you, it was totaly weird, nothing in front of me and then hit, again nothing in front of me and hit (lost front spoiler and puncture on tire, fortunately no problem to finish the race), and after that I saw your police Audi behind me...I hate this RACE 07 bugs, they should release a patch every month, because they are plenty of things to repair...:confused:

I hope, that it was no big problem for you...sorry

The race was excelent, long and hard but really fun. I choosed strategy of 3 pit stops, because of the tire wear. It was not bad choice, because it was pretty nice to drive with tires in good shape, but not the fastest choice as well. But after all I finished in 2nd place, and had very nice battle with Henrik, but he was really fast and I think, that he did only 2 pit stops.

Congrats to winners :thumb:

Thank you Remco and RD for this great event:thumb:

Grats to the finishers,from what i read i belive it was living hell for some.....but felt like heaven for others......
It happends to forget some races but i am sure this one will not be forgoten,at least by the first runners of this kind of event......rest now.
Night`.

that realy sucks m8, i noticed joao asked in chat if everyone was in after it went to race, but i didnt notice anyone leave :(

we`ll have to run another one next week to make up for thouse who coulnt race :D

Ye sucks but hey gonna give it a try next time :) and no its not gonna be next week :wink:
Glad you guys all had a great event and fun, thats the main thing!! Believe me I had my fun also, had a blast organizing this event :)

Congrats to the winners in both classes and all finishers :thumb:

Hi.

I`m so sorry Freddie. But I thinks it was not just my fault. If you have decided on right time when u let me go, it could have been avoided. Anyway, sry again.
I was not satisfied with myself. I made a big mistake in qualifying, and could not find the pace today, taking little mistakes in the race. But this was my first race with GT Pros, so it will be even better.

Grats everybody and thanks RD & Remco

Great race thanks to all you

Very good quali 7th with my new PB 6.46??? very smooth and relaxed lap. Best lap before this event was 6.49 which I did 3 times last week so quali went more than perfectly for me.

Race: very good start and so balanced driving about half of the lap then totally disaster while overspeeding to turn and lost control then hit barrier and broke my car very badly. That cost me a lot (from 5th to last 23th or something). Didnt gave up but thinking about it few times :redface:. So my car was broken but I dint know what was broken so did my first pitstop on lap 1 and only suspension repaired. Didnt help at all so 1 more lap and back to pit. Now refuelling, tyres changed, suspension and wings repaired and after that car works ok again thanks Devil. Then started my hunting but didnt push too much but tried to save my tyres for making little longer stint...bla bla bla.

So rest of the race was very nice because with my GT Pro it was so easy to overtake several GT Sports, enjoyed a lot (mostly when I let Yves behind and also smiling a lot every time I saw one of those helpless GT Sports ahead me just waiting his brutal destiny). Finished 11th or 10th but maybe GT Sports got some late handicap cause finally I was 12th but no matter race was just pure fun.

Thanks Remco and RD stuff.

Ps. must remind some drivers about one thing we've been told before the race: "It is a VERY long endurance event. If you tend to leave an event after a minor crash, you should NOT sign up. It is for the hardcore enduro guys who can manage with the occasional "you have a suspension problem" message." So who gave up too early hands up now :pcbeat:

i just ran some test with a few cars of the class, all the ones i have tested can easely achieve a 2:20:3xx and my PB is 2:19:4xx with the .............. :wink: all the testing was made in praccy mode with default fuel and a basic setup.

=I hope, that it was no big problem for you...sorry:
IT WAS LAP 23 when that happend and i had João Andias behind me at 19sec ,i had suspension problem and i tghout that i hace to do a holl lap with that and keep Andias behind me cause at start finish it was at about 2sec.....then cause i was a lap behind it was just perfect :)

no problem, sory for my first "hard"comment

awsome race again....

p.s.> my ffb was at max so dead arms,shoulders,fingers

p.s.> i would like more endurance racing,more laps.........
p.s.> Dave where whare u?realy sad for guys ho had to quit

Very nice event, obviously this is "my kind" of event since GTR2 days... Endurance racing can be rewarding (but also cruel) as the time the event takes to develop really lets everyone have time to do their best (or worst).:cool:

_______

Before going into my proper race report , will just post here a little bit more of "free/do whatever you like kind of information" that many of you (endurance veterans) know about, but as perhaps a few don't, and as usual "if from those I can help one in any coming event", it has already worthwhile... :wink:

A few "tricks" that really help in long events (above 120 minutes in a single stint)... Btw, also, for those of you who have done long distances driving stints in real live nothing of this is obviously "strange"...

The long straights are not only places to do draft overtakes, but are too and above all in long distance racing, places of "resting"...​
Meaning (more if you use "strong" FFB settings/effects, if not 1 & 3 are needed too anyway), the Nord's "power hill", after Eau Rouge at Spa, the Mistral straight at Paul Ricard and so on are place to:

• Take the eyes of the track/screen... (Yes, blink the eyes, close them for a split second, look to the side of the room and such...)
  • Do upper body "relaxation"... shoulders and above all neck (rotate head/shoulders).
  • Variate the distance to the screen by moving forward and beck in your place (this applies in real driving too and serves not only to awake your eyes/reflexes but also to do lower back "exercise").

The pits are not only for vehicle "recuperation"... but also for virtual driver "recuperation"...

• For sure drink (not drunk :tongue:), and "change your waters"... Yes, in 40 seconds a lot can be done... even if you come late, who cares, what is 10 seconds lost in a virtual 180 minutes event?
  • If you are able to drink & drive (again not drunk & drive :eek:), you don't need to drink nor "change your waters" while in the pits, good too, take the 30-40 seconds to speak to your kids/wife/mother/whatever, yes anything will do, the whatever "weather talk" will do too....:D

In the long race, find circumstantial objectives at every given moment in the event...

• Keep the pace of racer X, gain time on racer X, do your PB, delay as much as possible going a lap down to racer Y, try to give a lap to racer Z, and when you look... the event is almost by its finish. :wink:

Moral
of the story; if you want to arrive to the 60's not blind and able to move your upper body (& virtual racing long distance races at same time)... don't be a "stiff"! :wink:

_______

Yet before going to my "short" :redface: race report, a funny but not too correct occurrence I saw in this endurance event...

Yet early in the race, 3rd or 4th lap I don't really recall, I was overtaken by a police Audi GT1 going up the "power hill".

Being a Police car I think it should give the example, but... :tongue:

As usual I don't defend draft overtakes, much more so in an endurance event... (I'm not saying I don't keep the "best" line to myself & won't delay the braking...).
The Police went in front, being I in a "puny" GT2 (on a "different" race from the GT1), I though :"nice, now I can take a long draft up this hill following this police car!"
My M3 top speed was 281 km/h at the maximum allowed rpm I set for this event (8100rpm) in 6th gear...
But no... to my dismay the police car started to "serpent" on the track (yes, doing S's) trying to brake the draft... I was like... "come-on... Are you serious?!... :eek:!"
I was laughing so hard... Not only it is against the "rules" (1 extra line change allowed after exiting a turn), but also my M3 has about100 hp less and being in a race apart should not be much of a threat for the police... :wink:
I was like... "OK, you win!, Take the bicycle dear Sir cop!" :D

Caramidaru don't take the above "too personal"... the all mater was kind of funny due to & above all, the skin you took for the event... after-all one expects the police to fully behave! :redface:

_______

Qualifying (2nd in the class, 10th overall?)
As usual the qualification in these long events is of reduced/questionable value, but... Went OK, did a 54 low, 1 second slower of what I usually do on 2 laps at the Nord. Andreas (1st in the class) did a 52, a time only 1 second slower of what I usually do over one lap so it was a very quick time for 2 laps at the Nord, grats :wink:

Race (1st GT2, 5th overall)
The start was confusing... but with all things considered, it went quite well, people in this event really did an overall good job; at least from where I was standing.
I didn't notice anyone dropping from qualify to race, but noticed the admin (and pole man) in the pits...
So like a few of you I was like:"will this be the real go?".
On top of it, someone questioned, 2 or 3 seconds before the lights went, "if it was a rolling start?" or something of the likes... So some people took it very slow and I had to start the event by taking avoiding action (front car was "parked"). 2 turns later, everyone went into "place",cars of mixed classes, at least around me, all ended up going single line to the coming first fast corners, I lost a grid position place btw...
The first 3 or 4 laps were very funny as people of the GT2 class were all around me with a few "slower" GT1 guys in the mix...
A "slow"GT1 (this "slow" is very relative, as "slow" to some is obviously "fast" to others or the other way around, in the end everyone gives what they can...) is a "funny" but painful (in an entertaining way) "thing" to deal for the GT2 guys...
GT2 guy goes faster in the tight & hard braking bits, when there comes the high aerodynamic support fast turn or long straight, the GT1 goes or wants to go away... hard (but fun) thing to balance for everyone involved I think... (endurance is all about mixed class racing too).

Nord2.jpg
Anyway, back to the GT2 race (or "sports"), with all the "concertina effect" from mix class racers being together, in the first laps for me it was all about Yves (C6)/Andreas(M3) to the front, Stefan (Marcos)/many BVM (M3) to the near back and a race pace almost 7 seconds slower than my usual lone pace ...

I noticed early on Andreas had an off, I don't know how it happened, but noticed the bump in the car body, so I knew he had lost top speed with that... My old F1 team-mate Yves on his C6 was a concern too, until he went the "grass route" at the "Flugplats" (early fast 5th gear "kink") and later showed to be in a 3 stop pit strategy...
The rest of the race can be shortly resumed...

The truce is I didn't put a wheel wrong... after 3 RD events where "lady luck" surely wasn't with me (2% engine health start, accelerator pedal not going above 90%, OS HD KIA 45 minutes before an event), this time it was surely there with me.:)

Nord1.jpg
I could do 9 laps with the setup but went for the symmetric pit-stop tactic as I didn't need to "invent"...
Went to the pits at the end of lap 8, did my race fastest lap (58 low) on lap 10, stopped on lap 16 and took extra fuel in just in case the GT1 guys all "bent" their material and I needed to do the full 24 laps.:tongue:
More to the end I "dreamed" with a 3rd overall as I could see 3rd & 4th in GT1 were doing 50's high a lap at a point, but in truce my setup was a 7.01 overall (average over a full stint) so it was just that, a "dream"...
By race finish went a lap down from 1st & 2nd, was happy to see 2 very "interesting" cars leading the GT1's (my much liked C5 and a the "big" Viper), took the flag after completing lap 23 in 5th overall and 1st in the class.

Nord_3.jpg

As everyone I was tired, in urgent need of a bath (30º here) but the car sure was ready for another 23 laps if needed as it lost "only" 10% engine health in the all race (from a full health start... the minimum engine start I saw in a M3 was 45% so far).

Big congratulations to the podium finishers in both classes, congratulations to all who finished this special event as 16 racers finished the race, that is almost 70% finishers from a total of 23 race starters (removing the 2 unfortunate DNS :frown:).
Some of you really went the "extra mile" by having to "nurse" very "bent" cars for quite some distance (1% engine health, full laps in 3 wheels and such), much thanks...
Also very correct racing from everyone around me, for instances; at the beginning when racing among 5 cars of the same class I looked at the names and thought "nothing to wary, all known competent/correct virtual racers", so again much thanks.

Thanks RD for the server, Eric for the practice server, and perhaps above all, Remco and all the staff for putting this one up & together, see you guys on the next one :wink:

One last thing; I think there will be an official classification available and as there were no "ghost discos" there is no need for me to post an "unofficial" classification (there was someone with a car not correctly load, which is different)...
Anyway, here stays a screen with almost everyone, but Andreas is missing as I think he left the server earlier after the event finish (he was 3rd in the GT2 class? At least by the last time I looked in the XD).

GC.JPG
cheers & see you guys next one,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back