RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Man I just ran a test here and this is really not very exciting. You cannot adjust the ratios in the transmission and therefore the cars are maxed out halfway down the straight.

QUOTE]

I used the ratios from the Valencia setups, from memory I think 6th was around 2.94, with top speed of 274km with rear wing at 17 ...I just uploaded it for the Mercedes...but Super Cars ok too, have not tried them either...

I tested last night offline practice mode and squeezed out a 33,8 inthe ..........................

I found the Spyker and MOsler to be a full second slower so far.
Odd, I just did a 33.6 in the Mosler on a not so perfect lap using my Mid Ohio setup. I found that both the setups from Mid Ohio and Mosport work well here, where as the gearing from Mid Ohio is better suited towards the Mountain. :) I am sure Tyler will be competitive here in the Spyker as well.

Practice: got a late confirmation that i could join in at the last minute. I only got in 10 minutes of praccy, just enough to get a little feeling with the track (feeling is something you need a lot here :))

Qualy: considering the amount of practice time, i did a decent lap without too many mishaps. P14 out of 22 (i thought)

Race 1: Start wasn't bad, i took it easy into t1, got passed by 2 cars after t1 and in t3 somebody hit me on my rearbumper...i thought: this was it, but luckly i survived without too many damage. I rejoined at the back of the pack. From there i could buildup the race nicely. each lap it got more comfortable with the car (Seat Leon petrol) and the track. I managed to get through without further problems on to the pitstop and each lap i was gaining positions due to overtaking people or people retiring. After the pitstop i was in P10 or so with Bob (Miley) on my bumper with his nifty Lada :) with 3 laps to go or so i was even on p8. Not easy to bring home, cause Bob was clearly a bit faster then me (especially in Sector 2). But with almost no room there, i could defend my position until the finish. Almost i didn't finish: Andrew who was driving in front made an steering error in the turn just before the s/f line, which sent him into the air doing some nice somersaults. With some luck and awareness me and Bob luckily could avoid him.....pffffeuw! P8 was nice after a difficult first lap. This race was already a thriller.

Race 2: Due to my p8 of race 1 i was on pole for race 2. Actually, i was a bit scared with about 8 guys behind me which were clearly faster then me. My plan was to just drive normal and not defending my position to the limit. David (with his breeeeezing TDI) passed me on the rundown to t1. After that i could keep P2 for a further 3 corners until the next one came through. Stirb even passed me on a utterly impossible position, but with the "elbows against eachother", he came through safely. This time i decided to pit as once the pit window opened. I hoped that this would bring me some clean air to settle down, because after lap 5 i was in P7/8 with some guys behind me which were faster, but not as fast as the top 3 guys (which were just flying by). Coming to the final straight onto the pit entry i had about 3 guys behind within 2 seconds. I decided to chat my oncoming pitstop, so the guys behind me would know i needed to brake hard to make into the pitlane. Approaching the pitlane i was braking hard, i thought i made it safely into the pits but then the corner was just a bit more narrow then i thought: i clipped the barrier which sent on my roof (oops), meaning i was blocking the pitentry completely for Dan, who also decided to pit and who was caught in my stupid mistake (sorry again Dan). To my surprise it wasn't fatal damage, so i could continue to the pitbox for the needed repairs and fresh tires. After the pitstop i was a bit caught i no mans land with nobody near me. With 1 lap down (i just was lapped before the finish, Henrik and Simone were nearing really fast and they were still fighting for the lead, so i decided to yield on the last straight to give them a clear rundown to the finish) i brought the car home in P9.

Really happy with these 2 races. Had some good racing and most other drivers were also driving with respect, cause Porto is a quite difficult track.

see you soon guys :)

Well here we are, Porto the grave yard.

Quali, pulled a PB for me as had little time to practice to get a good setup. I do know the track so that helped.

Race 1: after a good start I soon settled into the groove and set about holding my position as I was being pushed hard. I was also able to take a couple of spots due to others misfortune and as lap 4 approched things were looking good. On lap 4 it all went wrong for me and not of my doing. As I went round the left hander after the long straight I came accross a car that was stopped on the racing line and sideways. As I tried to dink right to aviod a head on collision I just clipped the car which took of my front spliter. As I tried to ajust to the lack of frontend turn in I was now being pressuriesed hard by the car behind and all I tought was if I could last another lap until the pit window opened I might be able to salvage something. This was not to be as going throught the final chicane I clipped the tyres on the exit and totalled the car, game over.

Race 2: starting from the back I got caught up in the accident in front which resulted in suspension damage. As the car was still handling quite well I continued and started to get into the groove. As I reeled off the laps I found myself defending my position from Lee who seemed a little quicker where it counted. Lee pitted a lap before me which I thought he was trying to get by during the pit stop as its near on impossible to overtake here unless they make a mistake. I pitted on lap 7 and just changed the tyres as I could cope with the damage I had but to my supprise I came out infront of Lee. I decided not to defend when Lee made his move as I was carrying damage plus I wanted to finish the race and he was definately quicker. I was now in 8th spot and had a nice gap to the guy behind so I made sure I made no mistakes and brought it home, nice.

Thanks Dave, nice racing here and a great challenge. Thanks to all that showed up and WD the winners & podium finishers.

one thing i know for sure, we get a lot of DNF's if we drive a race there :frown:

First we all have to survive a couple of races on "normal" tracks i think :wink: After that, we do Monaco :bang:

it may be fun track for laping but i'm sure is most borring track for racing :) Even with porsche's i think there is almost no place for overtaking and i agree with Hugo, half of starting grid will finish with DNF ...

man i was so unlucky, crashed out lap 13 on the first race at the chicane from 6th position and then in the second race i just touched the tyres on turn 4 the left hander after the chicane and that was it, race over on the last lap from 5th and handing buxton the position, great racing, roll on next week

I'm using the 1.217 ratio and topping out at about 178 at entry to the gentle left that scrubs maybe 2 mph off the car. Wing is, I suppose, a little high at 10 (brought down from 19 default). If this is a typical track, my times in the mid 1:12's should mean you all are capable at 1:08's at least. (gap seems to be about 4 seconds regardless of length-of-lap)

(2007 Audi - tried the one higher ratio, 1.285, but actually had slightly lower speeds and didn't like 4th as well for turning the final corner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back