RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This was one of my best races, atleast race 2 was.

Race 1, had a 5th quali time which i didnt expected I though i was still in practise lol. Then I saw Race1 starting and I was 5th. I had a reasonable start with the diesel, I still have to learn this thing. But lost some places and came back and crashed because of 2 other drivers in front of me crashed, this was my own fault I just pushed the brakes to hard and this was not needed at all. My suspension was wrecked and I knew it would be hard to pass others.
Then my goal was finish 8th, even if i got 7th I would let me pass to get 8, I wanted on pole in race 2.

I managed to get back to 8 and I was very happy about that.

Race 2, starting from pole with the diesel went well I managed to stay on P1 and had a hard time with Bram and a bit later with Maik. This was so much fun, I had to drive very defensive. Maik passed me finally but I could manage to stay with him on second. Then we both braked too hard and both spinned at the same time without hitting eachother. I managed to get on track a bit sooner and i was on P1 again.

There was a big gap now between me an Maik so I decided to drive safe but it was a bit too safe as Maik almost passed me at the finish, he was 0.072 seconds behind me. this was an awesome close finish, I just saw it on the replay.

Thanks for the race guys it is a nice come back for me after 2 years of alomost no activity.

Ahh, I still need a lot of practice.

Qualy: Run a quite good qualy (according to me), and when I returned to the pit, realized that it's not superpole... oops. Could have run more laps.

Race 1: At start saw that the track is too narrow to jump out with the Beemer and overtake 2 rows (as usual :glasses-cool: ). In the first chicane bumped into some laggy people, fall back, the others were way faster than me. After a while I was lapping alone. And in the last lap in the last S turn out managed to loose traction. Hit the edge of the tirewall, engine, suspension gone. Oh great, end of the race! :sad:

Race 2: At start in the first chicane there was a huge pile-up, got stuck a little, but maanaged to maintain position. In the first lap there was some good close racing, but I run wide in the last corner. After that I was racing mostly alone. Last lap I caught Bram and Warren, having some close intimate situation. :handshake:
Bram let me overtake, as he was lapped, tried to also overtake Warren in the last corner, but there wasn't enough space on the inside, so Warren took off and landed in the gravel. While I waited for Warren to recover, Bram started to get close to me, so he was pushing me from behind till the finish line. I didn't like that. Sorry Bram, I'm not that kind of guy...:poke::woot2:

Thx for the event.

Yesh Ivo it was great fun! To bad i was not able to keep you behind me in Race II :) I was really looking forward to score a point in a club race :) Almost there :) \o/
9th place in race II was again a personal victory for me.

*now I need to do some work on the "M"in my race profile and change it to Michael*

Just create a new profile with the right name.

Then go to C:\Users\Your logon\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\Your profile name and copy the profile files into the new profile and you are done. If the users folder is on another drive, like mine is on D:\ then go to the users folder there.

If you are referring to the "kink" at the end of the front straight, there may be just enough room for a car and 1/2 through this turn. This will not be your usual first lap, crowd the 1st corner track.

<snip>

Really a nice blend of speed and handling. Braking for that first left hander after the IMMENSELY long straight etc. will be pretty intense. Who likes a good game of Chicken anyway?

<snip>

Great race guys, Monza is that kind of track.

Qually: I had not raced the E46 for a while, or Race On for that matter. Got to grips as best as I could with an old setup I had for the 06 model. Was no where near the best lap, I couldn't get the back end under control over the chicanes which cost me a lot of time. However placed second with 59.8 in a 3 yr old car so it wasn't all tears. It's great revving the crap out of this car, crazy late braking potential.

Race 1:
Decent start for me, I bogged the engine quite a bit however I was able to pull to 1st on the short bit of straight we had and made a good exit out of the chicane and kept the lead until the end. There were a few hairy moments when the tires would randomly give out but otherwise good constant pressure from Maik kept me awake. Grats mate.

Race 2:
Towards the end of race 1 I was suffering from a lot of lag, manifested even in low framerates for most of the time. I was racing with prolly 23-26fps for most of the last few laps. This time it was even worse, 17fps at start decided that I would stay in the race but back off completely in the start to not ruin anyones race. After first chicane I was last, made my way up as high as I could I think it was 6th. Was great racing with Ivo and Michael.

Grats to Maik for the overall win, and from what I could see a rather good race here. It's not the easiest place to race clean here, accidents to tend to happen a lot so it was nice to see some damage control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%