RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Gratz to winners,

My race wasn't a very good one

Race 1 I forgot to switch from soft tyres to mediums had a good battle at the start of the race with Robert and James but the the front left tyre started to burn up so was differcult to keep up the pace never the less finished 12th

Race 2 thought I'd put medium tyres just on the fronts as rear softs held up well, bad idea to be honest had way to much grip on the rear and when getting the power down it out of the turns I was getting way to up understeer so again was differcult to keep up, got the end of the last lap and Robert had a bit of a nibble on my gearbox shunting me off the track, got back on track only to then have János Ócsai a back marker in front of me touched him spun it and as I got it back on track then who do I see flying past it was Buxton lol was trying to keep the gap on him since lap 6 I think and it was hard work.

enjoyed it my arms are killing me now.

till next time

TIP FOR ME TODAY - AGAIN CONSISTENT LAPS

QUALI with some mod setup of yves and motec..managed 2.07.345 but realy could of done low 2.06 but (si fara suparare) i was cause do some bad setups and pc problems on his hand..i quali in frond of David Zafiu for the first time.this one is for the calendar :) lol

RACE 1FIRST CORNER SIDE BY SIDE WITH DAVID then i got pushed hard...and pushed david to..so both of us in the sand...and 2 athor cars.so bad race...david went in front tried to stay with him, then he make a mistake,pass then he bumped me waited me..pass me again...and in lap 3 to pc problems he quit...in front of me David Buxton...cut up with him in a few laps..when i tried a pass in first corner he didn;t see me inside and i had to go on gras to avoid an accident..so after that againa pushing...and in final 2 laps cut up him again..but not that close to make a pass.so i was 14

RACE 2 good start...in first chicane was 9th...but soon when i was tring to stay with the lads..spone the car..so was about 15 ...pass one car..then pass Buxton, then had in front of me about 1sec 3 other cars...can;t realy get them..in first lap was doing 1.09...but slowly and stady my hard tyresc got hot and got 1.07.2 faster the quali lap...so i was there..but 2 more mistake and dropep me behind..was 10...i tried to stay there..but then from nowhere a blue porsche got me,pass me, and left me...was so damn fast so late in the race..with 2laps...lost tempo..so finish 11

Very nice race..again..very hard to control this car and my lack of expirience doesn't help
10-x RD and staff

nice one

That was a good nights racing. A few battles in there and very little contact apart from me :tongue:

First race I went with Hard Slicks and about 20l too much fuel. When we got the the 10th lap my tires started to come good but the other 9 laps were a pain. Had a great race against Chris and Robert, we were all pretty close until the end until finally me and Robert broke away. That was until I gave him a slight touch in turn 7 which sent him round. He seemed to have trouble getting back onto the track and I guess it confused Chris when he came round to see me and Robert driving so slowly.

Second race I put a sensible amount of fuel in and swapped for medium slicks. Was much better. At the start it looked all set for Chris vs Robert vs James Round 2 but it was all a bit messy with people spinning and running wide. I think I cut the nose off someone, not sure who. I was moving to defend my line from Robert and didn't see another car just inside him so sorry :frown:

Manged to get up into 6th, lasted for a while until I made a mistake and then had a slight touch on someone through the first corner where I was trying to stick as close to the car inside of me. Didn't work out as I touched him and had to hit the brakes to avoid the barrier. Finished in 9th in the end and like last night my wrist was hurting. But unlike last night I didn't have a bloomin fly annoying me from lap 9, flying into my face, landing on my head, bumping into my screen. What a pain that was....

This car is evil! Punishes hard if you loose rear traction. Had problems with the rear grip on braking. Could find the balance for trail braking. This car gave me some hard moments.
Love it! :love:

Race 1: two spins at the beginning, after this lapping alone till the checkered flag. Started to get comfortable with the car.
Race 2: At start I was right behind David B. Driving very-very close behind him, at T2 braking the distance was a few cm-s, was happy, that no contact, then a big bump from behind, I was pushed into David. Some contacts later also, but nothing serious. Then at the end of L2 the car showed it's mean side. On to the main straight at the apex I lost rear traction and started sliding sideways, could do nothing to regain grip, and hi the tirewall at the pitlane lamps. Susp + aero damage. One lap later pit in, repair aero only, go back. Overtaking started, pushed into the wall at one overtake. Some action at last lap, got in the middle of an accident, had some surprises, cars hiding behind the tire smoke (completely invisible )...

Thx for organizing this event. :thumb:

awsome racing tonight thanks to all who showed up

*qualy*
dropped wing form 10 to 8 for some more topspeed :) worked well could clock a 2.04.9 but groans time a 2.04.3 was unbeatable
so i scored a 2nd on the grid

*Race1*
finaly i found the feel for my clutch peadal and pulled my first real kungfu start with the Club Sport Pedals and could get the nose infront of Goran
as i was not sure how much i was in front i runned a little bit wider to leave him room and as i saw him in my mirror i closed the door and was clean
in front for the first few laps i could even get a little gab but i made some small errors wich let him always close up again. as i was trying all to get
away i ruined my tyers quite quick as i was on Soft tyers where Mediums would be the better choise but just could get a feel on them so i played
the risk card at lap 6 or so Goran got past me after i had an error at the last corner from then Anders was chassing me for no good and i had nothing
to hold against him as my tyers was shouting at me all the bad stuff i cant post here some of the insults i got from then i not even knowed till this race lol
at lap 8 Anders was past too and pulled away easy from this point i just nursed my tyers to home to save the 3rd

*Race2*
again a awsome start and was already at the first turne 2nd had a bit to fight the Matt till he did a little mistake wich gave me change to get past him
right after i started to hunt down Hugo who was in lead, he made it realy not easy to overtake him i took a lot of pressure on him but he defended well
till i got a better run out of the last turne wich gave me the change to go inside of him for turne 1 could make this move stick as Anders was already
comeing up i had anyway no change as to make it :) but at the downhill strait i missbraked and had to run wide wich let Hugo past again so i had to fight
him again as we came to the last turne i came way better out of it and could even go back on the race line befor braking for turne 1 could open up a little
gab to him and Anders till lap 9 where Anders finaly filled my mirror as i was again on softs i knowed i could not hold him, from then i followed him
still trying to catch him and maybe push him into a error but insteed i made one in turne 3 and stuffed the car into the wall till i had it going again i was
6th and had to let Kjell and Dan past me as i was without front wing :( so i finished this on on 8th while it could be easy a 2nd if i had not missbraked :(
pretty disapointed about my self

thanks to all who showed up, to Hugo for orgenizing this event and RD for hosting

Trimmed out the VIPPER and ran a 38.3 on 50 L. A bit scary tho including a massive Colin McRae type pitch slide entering the esses by the ferris wheel! video to follow.

Oh did I mention flying the nose on Mulsanne? looked like an F16 rotating for vertical attack! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%