RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

i want to apologize to everybody, my driving tonite was very very very bad i'm so sorry for all the mess i caused :frown: i want also want to apologize to the guy i hit in the first lap of race 2, so sorry man that i wrecked your race i,m feeling so bad right now and i,m so piss at myself :mad: thanks to Eric for setting up the event and thanks tp RD for the hardware

ARGG what a disappointment. Race 1 I got involved in a little chaos at the start but managed to get through the worst of it, but once I made it through I wasn't prepared for the next turn and I spun. I ended up get hit by a few people and received terminal damage.

Race 2 everything was going swimmingly - I was in 10th after 4 or 5 laps, when I noticed a stationary car ahead of me on the track. I swerved around it, but then there was a bunch of other strange behaviour that led me to the conclusion that I was the only car in the race. I did a couple more laps of wishful thinking before admitting that this must be what happens when you get disconnected. It's never happened to me before :frown:.

Whoaa what an awesome race!!

Q:6th

Race 1: some people spun at start so I could pass them! I had a battle with Abdul for the entire race, he passed me once when I went off a bit at the corner at the end of the long straight, but I could pass him back when he lost traction at the exit of the hairpin in the next lap! Of course we didn't stop the battle after that, it went right to the finish line:)

Race 2: very crowded first sector, then luckily I didn't get a part from the accident between Yves and Abdul. Then I had Tyler behind me, he passed me but I passed him back at the staight. Then I had to defend against Keith! Man it was a hard challenge! There were some pretty scary moments, the most scary was though when I passed between Lazlo and Dennis, and then got hit from behind at the start of the braking zone! (in the long straight!) I think my luck was there that I hit the wall a bit and that slowed me down for the corner haha:D Once Keith passed me, in T2 with a slight collision that put both of us to the wall, but then he outbraked himself at the hairpin so I passed him back:) And for the last laps Tyler joined us again!

This will be excellent for a video Eric!:D Even if we were actually in the same colours with Keith, well, we were looking like a team! Like the worst enemies on track LOL

Thx Eric and RD for setting this up, it was a really memorable event!

Race 1: Lights were barely off when I got involved in a tangle just past the starting grid and lost what appeared to be the front end of the car. As the car kept running, I'm assuming it was my bumper/splitter. I limp around the track, enter the pits and fix that and some suspension damage I sustained not long after. This puts me almost a lap down, and I'm soon seeing lots and lots of blue flags...so many I literally have to pull over at one point and just let some folks by. Catching up is a dream, considering, so I drive conservative, and finish the race in 18th, which I assume is due to a DNF or two.

Race 2: Still at the back of the grid, I figure the same kind of chaos is going to happen at the first turn, so I don't hit the gas very hard when the green flies. Sure enough, chaos...I weave my way through and end up around 11th or 12th and finally get to hit the accelerator a bit. I actually overtake a couple of folks, and that, combined with some mishaps on other folks part, puts me up as high as 8th place! Eric E., however, is in 9th, and keeps my rear view mirror full for what felt like forever. He'd catch up on the downhill, I'd pull away on the back straight, and so on. This continues until I screw up two turns past the bricks and eat a wall...he passes, and I've got aero damage which A: keeps me from catching up and B: makes the car a bit less, erm...eager to take the long curve into the back straight flat out. Another car (I think it was Lazlo) catches up to me...I know I can't hold him back there, so I let him by just before the last lap. I finished in 10th place, overall 16th.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with that considering it was my first 20 car grid.

Thanks to Eric and all the great people behind the scenes at RD for the work that goes into setting this up.

This was my first event with RD and i had a fantastic time, what an awesome field of drivers! For the experience of getting my feet wet I couldn't have asked for more. For me the only incident was in race 2 lap 2... me, Peter, Keith and Dennis were 4 abreast jockying down the back straight. I found myself in an awkward postion and completely lost my braking point, just a lack of experience on my part. I saw Peter touch the wall and cut in neatly behind, Keith got caught on my outside and Dennis made it thru clean. I don't think i touched anyone and sorry if messed anyone up. I pitted and got fixed and raced on to the end picking up a couple positions on the way to the finish.

Good fun!

:D

ooooooofaaaaah this was really demanding to say the least. For such a simple track layout you really do "white Knuckle it" every lap!

Q: Well I couldn't match my practice pace and grid in 8th with a bit of disappointment and am a bit worried being this deep at the start of this race. My plan was to be 5th if possible but well you knwo about the best layed plans...............

R1: I have practiced my starts so I think I can jump a couple of spots if I am careful and the door opens in the middle. The lights go off and I am away with JEong to my right in 7th and peter in front of me 6th. I get the jump but Jeong is trying to go inside to the middle and we touch. Yves and Stefan collide inside and I slip by them and get ahead of Jeong and Abdul also to assume P4! NIIIICE! Ihold off Abdul thru the hairpin and beyond til we hit the back straight and the MUSCLE takes over and he is up my BUMPER!

Lap2 abdul goes wide in the ULTRA fast left at the pit exit and I extend for now. Still trying to track down PEter. Tyler goes agro in the fast esses and I cliose right up on him and Peter inthe left to the hairpin. I brake early and try to stay clean in the hairpin. I bump peter and am slowed. Abdul seizes the opening and takes P4. Well done Abdul! I make a mistake entering the slow left hander afyer the hairpin and Peter and Abdul extend on me.

L3-L10 I have an incredible battle with Peter and Abdul on the clock for most of these 7 laps. I close inthe fast sweeping sections and the hairpin, but lose time on the long back straight. I make one big mistake on lap 9 and give them room to fight it out as I am 5 seconds back. I finish 5th and am really pleased overall.

R2: I adjust tire pressures adn drop a bit of fuel and grid in 4th. I get a really good jump on LAszlo and Dennis and think about splitting them to go to the lead but I can't quite squeeze my car in the hole and I lift a hair to not wreck the ENTIRE FIELD! I get by Laszlo when he goes wide in the fast esses and am pressuring Dennis. HE is driving well and has me off beat a bit as we have different lines and brake points. I

L2 I finally get an easy pass when Dennis gives me room inside in the hairpin to go to P1 for now. I drive hard and extend on Peter and KEith and Tyler.

L3-7 I am faster in the sweepers and hairpin but losing time to The vettes n the long back straight while they draft. When we cross the line, we are even every time.

L8 am rare mistake from Keith gives me cushion to drive to the checkers with the win in R2!

I finish 2nd overall tied with Peter, one point up on Tyler and 2 behind Keith who has won it overall!

I thought the racing was spectacular adn everyone handled themselves really well!

Next week is Le Mans with as little chicanes as possible! OH yeah and we go in the pro cars too!

So now you are a little better prepared for the BIG TRACK coming next!

C yall then!

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-05-03 22-34-54-62.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-03 22-34-54-62.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-03 22-59-07-62.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-03 22-59-07-62.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-27-33-00.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-27-33-00.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-31-35-36.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-31-35-36.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 258
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-35-00-97.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-35-00-97.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 236
  • Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-38-04-24.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-05-03 23-38-04-24.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 211
Quali: Never really got to grips with the car in quali and was only able to improve by one tenth over my practice time. My 1:55 flat was still good for fifth on the grid though, which unfortunately turned out to be a bad place to be. lol

Race 1: After the lights went out both of the vettes to the right of me came over into my lane. I got hit and forced off the track into the fence to the left. Then I spun into traffic and got hit a couple more times before coming to a stop against the wall on the right side. Luckily no aero damage. Then coming around T2 flat out in 4th, I see Macpherson stranded diagonally in the middle of the track. There was nothing I could do and I T-boned him hard! Took on suspension damage and lost my front aero. Was very lucky to be able to continue on after that hit. I babied it back to the pits for repairs. Entered the pits behind Micheal and Larry in P19 and exited in P17. Nearly a lap down, I was pushing hard to stay on the lead lap, clocking in consistent mid to high 55's. Due to the misfortune of others I eventually found myself in P14. On the last lap I came up behind Larry who was a lap down and he slowed down a fair bit more than I had anticipated coming through T1, resulting in me hitting him and spinning him around. So sorry about that Larry! Bad driving on my part. I was glad to see you were able to carry on. Finished P14.

Race 2: Had pretty decent start and was on the inside of Yves coming into T1. About half way through T1 I get tapped from behind by Jeong Kim and get a little loose. I manage to keep it straight, but give William a bump from behind (sorry!). He bounces off the wall, but recovers quickly. Then coming through T2 there are a bunch of cars sideways and bouncing off one another. This was one of those days of thunder moments. I let off the throttle and tried to weave my way through. Almost clear of everyone, Jan Somers comes across in front of me. With no where to go, we hit and his car rolled. Sorry Jan, but there really was nothing I could have done. I am in P10 now with Micheal hot on my tail in the vette, when we come past the incident between Abdul and Yves gifting me P8. I manage to break away from Micheal and start chancing down Jarrod and rest of the field up a head. Due to a mistake by Jarrod, I got on his tail within about a lap and I got a good run on him into T2 having carried much more speed through T1. It's a good thing Jarrod saw me coming. I tried to hold it tight, but drifted a bit wide. If it hadn't been for Jarrods amazing driving, this could have ended both our races. Sorry for this move Jarrod, I should have waited. Somewhere along the way we must have lost somebody, as I now found myself in P6 closing on Dennis and Keith up a head. Dennis spins in T7 and I narrowly miss him. Jarrod wasn't so lucky - up to P5 now, chasing Keith. On Lap 4 Tyler makes a mistake. Keith slips through and I am closing on him fast. I managed to get within a second of him and start to apply some pressure. On lap 5 however I started to suffer from under steer, pushing the front quite heavily. Not sure if I took on some damage earlier in the race causing this behaviour, but this eventually lead me to run really wide in T2. I got loose and in trying to get the car under control I ran off in T3. I was lucky not to hit anything and rejoined just as Jeong Kim went by me. I clawed onto his rear bumper and was able to pass him at the end of the back straight. He tries to return the favor the following lap, but runs it deep and is forced to go straight on. At this point I just tried to keep the gap to Keith and Tyler steady at 8.5 - 9 seconds, figuring if I kept them within a reasonable distance I could captitalize on errors either of them made. The remainder of my race was pretty uneventful. Finished 5th.

While I did manage to rebound somewhat from a horrible race 1, I am kind of disappointed with my results tonight. I really felt I had the pace to play with the guys at the front. Still had fun in race 2 though. :)

The Volvo is included.

All the time I'm beating Volvo's they can be used :lol:

Seriously, I've seen no evidence in the events I have taken part in for myself not to include them.:D
If I can finish in-front of a Volvo that is "quicker" than any other car then I must be doing something right or the Volvo driver is doing something wrong :tongue:

Drove soon in P4 and hoped to close the gap to Lee but he was holding it nicely and even increased the gap with some tenths.
Then my tyres worked out and others starting to struggle. I saw a chance of passing Lee on the inside and just mid corner I felt the touch with Lee. Didn't knew that this pushed him a bit in the grass losing a position, otherwise I would have given my position up. Sorry mate, didn't notice the small love kiss was that rude. Will make it up with you in a future race :)

Was trying to keep it smooth but still pushing really hard during those earlier laps to keep or increase the gap to you and not let you get within biting distance, problem is that the Vette eats its tyres for brekky and my RTT was not working so I had no real idea how hot or how worn they really were ... what I do know is those last 2 laps they were just not having any of it and kept letting go just enough to drop me off the racing line and lose me time at most of the more important corners ... your lovely agile little Audi proved its worth, setup and its tyre preservation won the day :)

RE: the taps on the overtake ... shame, as that last half a lap might have been an almighty battle - I knew you might challenge there but I had a good exit and was on the gas hard when that 2nd tap knocked me wide ... was thinking I could have powered ahead on the following straight, you might have had the braking, but I had the inside line for the next corner ... was hoping to have some fun finding out who would have made it to the line but couldn't recover enough ground to find out - next time eh mate :wink:.

Also ... this being my first Vette C6R drive (that I can remember) I am happy enough with it :D

@ Bram ... very honourable putting yourself on report :poke:... and without meaning to kick you whilst you are down, may I suggest you (or anyone else for that matter) please take a bit more care when coming back on track.
James already mentioned something, and you nearly T-boned me in a completely separate moment in Race 1 ... if I didn't know better I would have said you were aiming for me :tongue: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 110 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 83 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%