RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Another good night at the races, you're right Eric, the DTM mod at Spa is awesome, unfortunately missed out on qualifying as I was blocked from joining for some reason, anyway started Race 1 at the back and battled through to 5th by the 5th lap. then Eric D. ran wide and got 4th. Then had a good battle with William right to the last hairpin. We where neck and neck, I was on the outside, William had the inside line, we both out-braked ourselves, but I had more room to recover and was able to squeeze by for 3rd.

Race 2... got to start at the back again, but with a bit of luck at Eau Rouge, emerged 2nd heading up the straight behind Glen. we pushed each other along to mid-race when I was able to catch up after Glen ran wide coming down the hill, unfortunately, I mis-judged Glen's speed going into Stavelot and spun him around, arrrg... ( I'm sorry Glen), I pulled off and waited for him to recover, while Lazlo took the lead, I finished third. Grats to Yves and Lazlo.( looks like that was your first RD win!!)

...and thanks Eric N.for the event, sorry you could not be there

Great race all.. congrats to Lazlo on the 1st and 2nd place finishes.

Sorry if I screwed your lines up Philip. In practice the other day I was lapping low 14's but couldn't get under a 16.8 tonight, I need to remember to start saving my setups =P.

Thanks for a great race guys, and big thanks to Eric and RD for setting it all up!

Did some practice earlier in the week with G. Kabis and we both forgot to save our setups. So today I got up and dialed in a 2,13 in timeattack and went out for a bike ride.

Q. superpole is like blind mans bluf, I was shocked that I landed 2nd on the grid. Yves was untouchable

R1. got a clean start and tucked in behind Yves thru eau rouge and up the hill to stay out of trouble. Stayed close till the right left at the end of the straigh and then he was gone. Some trouble behind gave us a clear gap and it was a lonely, but nerve wracking march to the finish 9 laps later. I had some moments of panic when my mind wandered from looking up at the chat but managed to hang on to my first RD podium finish securing 2nd place. At this point I'm giddy like a school girl.

R2. second to last on the grid. got a lucky break when someone went off and snaked around the traffic and found myself in 3rd. Quite pleased with my accident avoidance I was happy to settle in behind Philip and chase down Glen in first. Somewhere on lap 5 my tyres started to slide and I made a couple of wide turns and dropped back 3 seconds. Still a nice gap behind, nothing to worry about, just keep it on the track and catch back up. I could see Glen and Philip battling ahead, closed it to 2 seconds and felt really bad when they both went off and I cruised by to steal P1. I looked back and Philip waited while Glen got back on, feeling conflicted. On lap 8 or 9 Yves shot out of the pit behind me and was obviously hungry to get back on the lead lap. My tires were shot and with the end in sight was more than glad when he got a good run and made a clean pass. So this my first podium and first win both in the same event!

Thanks again, great racing and good fun!!!

:D

Servername: RaceDepartment.com WTCC
Class: WTCC '87
Track: Birubi SouthernCross download
Weather: Dry
Event start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes Superpole)
Warmup: 19:40 GMT (10 minutes)
Race: 2 x 25 min
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Skins: Skin pack WTCC '87

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Ok - so I have a lazy Monday and was wondering :-

1. Can I sign up for a dose of humiliation at this event!

2. Whats with the electrical fault on the rev counter in the video!

3. Am I right in thinking that, if I go for double humiliation by signing up for the GT's at Monza as well, I will be able to finish there because racing should be over by about 8.45pm, giving me time to join here 15 minutes later?

I am signing up for both unless someone points out that I have made a mistake in my timings, thanks Dave and RD for organising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%