RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Glad I was able to join you guys for this, it has been ages since I had a drive in a WTCC car, and even longer since I drove the E46. I can never get any speed out of the E46, but I love the sound, best of all the cars.

Race 1 was a case of trying to stay out of trouble, not easy with the "usual nonsense" at Monza. Had a few good laps of racing at the end with Ivo. :).

Race 2, I made some "hopeful" setup changes but I think it was actually worse. Hard to tell, as I was T-Boned in the first chicane and sustained damage. Had some good close racing for a few laps but just didn't have the acceleration out of turns and kept losing spots. Late in the race, I was being passed by Phillip and lost the tail exiting a turn, only to bounce off a wall and back into Phillip, sending him off track. Very sorry Phillip :sorry:. I stopped and waited for a long time but Phillip didn't re-appear and eventually quit. :sad: So I decided to continue on and ended up having some shennanigans with Bram and Janos.

Thanks for organising Bram and thanks to those who raced.

My only disappointment was having to listen and read Ivo's complaining about the S60, especially since he "stole" it from under my nose and I love that car. :fish: :bump2: :lol:

accidentally hit Nigel which ended his race. Really sorry for that, I braked at the usual spot and gave you the smallest tap but it still knocked you off.

it felt a bit more than a tap, but i`ll forgive you :kissed:

did get any practice in before the event, been playing Dirt 2 to much :shame:
spent most of offical practice trying to relearn how to drive a FWD lol

Race 1, rubbish start due to the stupid 1st and 2nd gears, then tried to hard to catch back up and kept dropping back, till the last 2 laps when i go tmy act together.

Race 2, rubbish start of the line, but due to others going of was upto 6th untill my crash where i hit the barrier loosing my splitter and getting a punture. didnt want to risk causing havok returning to the pits so quit and went back rallying :p

Unfortunately only six entries so far. I thought everyone liked this track and that I was the only one that has been missing out? I was thinking that with a full or almost full grid, that we'd see a lot of jams on the road. It looks like we'll have a good run and maybe a nice time rolling up the berms and thru the trees on our way around.

If anybody wants to join, please hurry and take the car of the names in red (sign up post)

lol,sorry didn't had time to read that post.
As i had no practise laps in a car i've never driven with no setup,it was still alot of fun.The rear of the car was all over the place.But still manneged to finish 7th.

Race 2 sarted from p2,made some changes wich seem to work and the car was more predicteble and finished 4th.

Had some lag especially at the start of race 1.
Bumped into Antonia's rear i believe ,but i didn't think you brake that early.
No harm done fortunatly,was great racing with you guys.
Hope to get more practise next time around so i can be a bit more competetive.

. Late in the race, I was being passed by Phillip and lost the tail exiting a turn, only to bounce off a wall and back into Phillip, sending him off track. Very sorry Phillip :sorry:. I stopped and waited for a long time but Phillip didn't re-appear and eventually quit. :sad:

No worries Warren. My car had terminal damage so I couldn't continue. Sorry you waited for no reason:(

Bumped into Antonia's rear i believe ,but i didn't think you brake that early.
No harm done fortunatly,was great racing with you guys.
Hope to get more practise next time around so i can be a bit more competetive.

Once again no worries Martijn. With such long and heavy braking zones minor little taps like that are inevitable:).

@Phillip, i am not bollocking at all, only a clear judgment that your peugeot rammed me full from behind and i left the gravel trap in last position and heavy damaged, can't draw any other conclusion then can I?

Bram, I'm sorry for my involvement in your going off. I know I ran into the back off a Chevy which I think was Denis and there was a Seat infront (which I assume was you) which in turn got a nudge from the Chevy. I had to get through the chicane b4 pulling over and I had cars flying past both sides of me as I tried to stay out of the way whilst watching for the Chevy to recover. I didn't realise that anyone else was in the gravel so once Denis passed I continued on. If I'd known you were there I would not of driven off as I always obey the waiting rule. I was just hurt by the comments on the server as I'm always gracious and friendly to my fellow racers and sometimes in situations like that it seems like it's forgotten that I'm a continuing member of this community and that it matters very much to me. I'd of hoped that my involvement in probably 150+ plus races and 100% attendance in 2 league seasons here would have given me the benefit of the doubt b4 being made to look like a "hit & runner" infront of the other racers.

I have a big respect for you Bram and the other moderators that make this community what it is. I hope this hasn't given you a negative opinion of me:dont-know:.

No worries Warren. My car had terminal damage so I couldn't continue. Sorry you waited for no reason:(

I wasn't worried about the lost time Philip, more embarrassed by the error I made. I sorta guessed that you may have been wrecked when I decided to drive on. I had some fun after that anyway.

I must add though, I have raced many times with Philip and have always found him to be a thorough gentleman and clean driver. If he makes the odd boo boo (as we all do), he always waits, so I'm sure the Race 2 incident was a simple misunderstanding. The replay shows he waited for the entire field to pass (except Bram).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%