RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Lovely racing guys :thumb: Most enjoyable.

Race 1:
Rafael :thumb: My fault dude. I gave too much room going onto the corner and turned in on you. Did not realise you were there :thumb:
Messed up my pit stop completely GGrrrr

Race 2:
Lovely battle with Lee :nod: But the pressure was just too much for me in the end.
Couple of times I thought I had you but was not sure so had to back out before it turned nasty :nod:
Was fun whilst it lasted :thumb:

Next week will be just as fun :fingers-crossed:

Also, Ran with 12 laps worth of fuel and still had too much for this 21-22 lap races :wink:

quali went well - 8,9,10 all in the 1:21.9xx showed was going to be a close race with me in 9th.

race1 poor start let buxton get a bit of an advantage on me but at the hairpin he left the door open just a wee bit too much for me to say no to and grabbed the spot back. set about getting into a rhythm then and got (if i remember correctly) as high as 6th/7th place. then made a boo-boo and dropped back with a bit of suspension damage. went for pit stop on lap 10 changing all four tyres. back into the rhythm and closing up on car ahead (was in the points in 7th as this time) when noticed the fuel... it was not going to last. went for splash and dash, and while setting the pit options for fuel accidently confirmed it and came in changing rear left only by mistake. pootled around again for another stop and got 3 litres in on top of the 0.3 i had, enough to get me to the end and finish 11th.

race2 another poor start, although martin may disagree, shifted to 2nd too soon! still off we set and race soon settled down with 5 of us all in close proximity 8-9-10-11-12. Great racing from everyone close hard fair. Buxton first to crack to pressure gave me a spot and i cruised up to lee. Lada was slow where i was fast meaning i had to lift losing the advantage on the straight, had to be a pit stop overtake here or a lunge. stopped on lap 10 again, barbosa coming in behind me. he nabbed a spot - guess 2 tyre change while i again when all four. back out, lee pitted next lap and the two of us shot past. now to move on up the field. setting faster and faster laps saw me move up and as others made mistakes i moved forward. 4th place in the end and very happy.

again great racing from everyone! i don't think anyone has come away feeling disappointed in the fairness there!

Thanks for organising and cya next week!

• Sebastian Tyler

Fun race, guys! Wish I hadn't flown off the track in race 2 twice...

Two apologies I have to make:
Race 1: Sorry again Rafael for the punt. Was really dumb, no idea what I was doing...
Race 2: Flew off at around 21 mins left, got back and blocked someones way (can't remember who it was). It wasn't too bad, but certainly I should have paid more attention.

Are the results shown somewhere?

A lovely little "stolen" couple of races there ... didn't plan for it nor did I tell the wife or kids I was racing, just jumped on the server and seems like I got away with it.
Car choice might have been better, but TBH I have hardly ever drive touring cars, so am not the most skilled with em - fun battles all round though, and nice to mix it up with Buxxo baby :wink2:

Race 1 was a mess tbh ... missed the start cos my 2.5yr old son was hanging off my arm wanting to race ... then he hindered me rather a lot in the coming laps - hope I didn't make a mess of too many folks lines during this time. Finally he disappeared and I could get my head down, but no matter what I did the setup sucked and the car just would not let me go any faster.
Race 2 ... started at the front :eek:, some bumping and avoidance tactics required in first few laps, Hugo and I had a bit of a knock into T1 ... not sure who's fault it was but from memory you went off line and came back into me ... whatever - sorry if it was my fault there, but without looking at the replay would say racing incident.
Great racing with Buxxo early to mid distance ... much fun, that TDI and you were way quicker than I today, and thanks for backing out on the odd occasion a lesser driver would have ploughed into me and knocked us both out into the boonies ... great driving :thumb:
Shame you lost it ... was hoping that battle would go on for longer.
Keith remembered he was not on kangaroo fuel in 2nd race and got out of his pitstop 5 seconds quicker than I did - not only is the lada slower on track, its slower in the pits too :shock: :giggle:
Towards the end I was near Bob, but hit the pit limiter by accident on a straight so dropped back a couple of seconds :doh:
Philip tried hard towards the end to keep me honest and get me, nearly got there but kept my lines tidy and made sure there were gonna be no sneaky inside manouvres at the last couple of corners :)
Anyways ... thanks RD, David and all you lot for a fun couple of enjoyable races. :wave:

For me it was a good experience with the BMW, but "my" SEAT is safer, easier and faster, but the bmw is fun to drive and training is fast also, have two good races and well played, mainly with Hugo (a fight at distance)... GREAT RACING !!!
See you soon :thanks::wink: :thumb:

Towards the end I was near Bob, but hit the pit limiter by accident on a straight so dropped back a couple of seconds :doh:
Philip tried hard towards the end to keep me honest and get me, nearly got there but kept my lines tidy and made sure there were gonna be no sneaky inside manouvres at the last couple of corners :)
Anyways ... thanks RD, David and all you lot for a fun couple of enjoyable races. :wave:

Some nice clean defensive driving there Lee:good:.

I had a lot of fun. Not really sure what to make of the TDi Seats. I think I prefer the petrol version which I might run next week for a comparison.

Struggled for grip, but managed to get it feeling better just b4 qual.

Race 1 I was running well. Pitted mid way not realising just how much fuel I'd been carrying!! Only took fronts which was a big mistake. It got me up to 2nd, but it took me too many laps to get to grips with the rears sliding and dropped to 4th. Held position, but the rears were buggered by the finish.

Race 2 I was once again running comfortably. Pitted halfway again, but took all 4 tyres. Much better this time, but lost a bit of time as for some reason the preset that I'd cancelled came up and I had to switch as I pulled in. Made one silly error then had a big moment at the tight left. Went to brake and the car just kept powering towards the corner!! Very strange and I nearly got lost off the track:rofl:.

In 8th behind Lee. Not really gaining much until his little mistake and we had a nice little battle at the end:good:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back