RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fun event. These are definitely not the fastest cars around and this track maybe doesn't bring the best qualities from them but still pretty nice. There was a lot of difference regarding to braking points but that maybe that i couldn't really get two similar laps together.

Too bad abput that shunt in race 2, i got a great start and could utilize the speed to pick up several positions. Just before that push i thought that "this is going very well" as could keep the gap in centimeters during cornering but it was a tight pack so no hard feelings, could've happen to me very easily.

Hauled new levels of unseen before pace due to Yves and Jari upping the the stakes to 2:10's,so a good launch from 3rd turned in to 2nd for T1 and a somewhat futile chase on Yves,sort of hanging on early,but the more i tried the further he gapped away,but i was nicely pulling away the same from my chaser,until it turned in to Martijn and Jari closing in,about lap 7 or 8 my rear end started feeling a bit loose and worn,so soon Martijn gets the run and text book pass done,at the same turn a lap later Jari is closing in a bit as well and as i turn in the back end really complains out of shape,as i am just scooping the mess to recover Jari cant avoid i am tipped in to the barrier watching the front of my car fly over the wall :p,sorry Jari m8,i was overdriving a awkward car at that point :(.
Another good launch for race2 from 4th i think?,but discrection is the better part of valour at T1 so i think i end up falling back in place?,running nice with the pack until lap 2 or 3?,when i go for a dive inside Emelio at T2,i notice late that this might not work so frantically start to back out of it,but not by enough,so my front wing corner literally brushes against Emelios rear left corner....and his car slowly starts to lift up at the rear left...and tumble over off the track :(,me stunned and horrified and cant express how sorry i am :(,this puts us miles last from fighting up at the front :(....from then on all i can do is try a redeem myself a bit with some properly thought out worked for "Clean" passes,a task i had some fun doing as well,fought up the back bumper of Pierre to get to 7th? (8th?)...but this wasnt acceptable to me and waited at the line for Emelio to cross ahead of me.
Congrats all the total respectful clean racing gents there tonight,even in some really tight racing action i was never bumped :good:.
Thank You Yves & RD :good:.

Only a quick one, had to rush off on the morning:

Had actually fun in the BMW, though I would have been faster and more stable in a FWD. But getting there...

The TDI sound great they have a very special sound when you have one around you.

In race 2 somebody should have waited for me as my spinning in the hairpin was not my own mistake...

never fighted so hard to win 10th/11th position, thx to Freddie (in R1) for keeping me occupied till last lap or better to say till finish line :highfive:

R2 did few gaps, spinned few times but regardless of position and pace I had, there was always somebody close enough in front or just behind me to make me busy till last lap, never boring :thumb:

thx Yves, thx RD

Race 1 qualified 5th, good enought for me, but had a very bad race ended up 9th.

Race 2, started 9th, then a t2 i bumped someone in front of me and he spun so i waited for him to go back in front of me so that caused me to fell in 18th position (last).Then i had a very hard time to overtake slower drivers, nobody would open the door for me so it last for about 5 or 6 laps then was able to gain few positions with few mistakes in front of me and ended up 6th at the end with Gary chasing me very hard.

Nice car/track combination, thx Yves and RD.

Uncle Sam Racing Report

S2000 2009.11.27 Interlagos

Uncle Sam Racing Report
800px-Aut%C3%83%C2%B3dromo_Jos%C3%83%C2%A9_Carlos_Pace_%28AKA_Interlagos%29_track_map.svg.png

Unofficial Practice: 1:42.054 2nd of 12
Official Practice: 1:41.850 8th of 16
Qualifying: 1.41:506 6th of 16
Warmup: 1:41.64 6th of 15

Setup considerations: Balance rear grip with mixed new and used tires to accommodate mandatory pit stop (2 front tire change) – Attempt an overall balance between sectors 1 & 2

Line up 6th on the inside lane behind Gary Lennon (5th) and Rhys Gardiner (4th), in front of Eric Nelson (7th) and Glenn Petersen (8th).

Lap 1

Gregory Degreef (2nd), starting behind Yuri (1st), gets off to a hare start and passes a tortoise like Yuri on the outside. I’m looking at a cloud of tire smoke, as Rhys lights them up just ahead. Kevin Hopkins, starting in 10th, dives down the middle, passing David Swiderski (9th), Glenn and myself. Kevin ends up sliding right in front me so as to avoid Eric Nelson, who is tucked up behind Gary Lennon. All within the first 6.5 seconds of the start of the race! In the next half of a second, Eric drifts right, making contact with Rhys’ right-rear quarter-panel, sending Rhys into the left-rear quarter-panel of Gary. As Rhys gets his car back under control, Kevin slips by on his outside.

If this is how it’s going to be in the 5-7 seconds before we head into Turn 1, I don’t think I want to be there for the party at Turn 1. Especially after having been taken out of contention in the last 2 races, in Turn 1 incidents. I also want to try for the inside approach to Turn 1. Therefore, I will allow all who want by, to go ahead, if they so desire. David presses by, trying to pass Eric on the outside. Robert Isles opts to take the inside approach as well. Glenn is going for the outside approach and pulls up to my right. I’ve dropped 4 spots to 10th in just the first 14 seconds as we approach Turn 1.

I hug the inside and ride up on the curb going into Turn 1, allowing room for Glenn, should he press on the outside. The outside is not the desired line entering Turn 1, as this can really bind up the car for the upcoming sharp right-hander. Glenn understands this and doesn’t press too hard. This allows us both through the next two turns nose-to-tail.

Meanwhile, Kevin’s wild ride from 10th to 4th is unraveling. Up ahead, Yuri is taking the normal “race” line through Turn 1 (not necessarily the “sane” line at the start of a race), going wide on approach and diving towards the apex. Unfortunately, Yves Larose, who is following on the inside, is going for the narrow approach, assuming Yuri will allow room for tight racing through the turn. Instead, Yuri cuts across the bow of Yves just before the apex. This slight contact puts Yuri’s car into a drift, which he eventually gets back under control by Turn 2. Both Yves and Gary lift slightly to avoid total chaos. Kevin is in the catbird seat and checks up his approach to Turn 1, hoping the drivers ahead keep their cool and their cars pointed in the right direction. Not only that, he doesn’t want the Yuri/Yves incident to happen to him, so he follows Gary, who is taking a similar approach to Turn 1 as Yuri did. With Gary slightly ahead of him, Kevin waits for Gary to make a dive for the apex. Unfortunately, Kevin gets the lightest of a tap from Rhys, right at the moment when Kevin’s car is at its most unbalanced. All the while, Dariusz Swiderski and Eric are making a hard charge on the outside of Kevin and Rhys, hoping for the inside line to Turn 2. On the short stretch between Turns 2 & 3, Dariusz and Eric have cleared Kevin on the outside; with Rhys trying to follow them by. Unfortunately, Rhys does not leave any room for Kevin and muscles Kevin up onto the curb and into the inside wall at Turn 3. By the time Kevin can get back on the track and under power, he has dropped to 12th. All within 20 seconds and after achieving his move from 10th to 4th.

I’ve now regained 1 of the 4 spots I surrendered. I eventually tuck up behind Robert, who went off course between Turns 4 & 5 at Descida do Lago. The rest of the field is close on my heels, being led by Glenn. Going into Turn 8, I’m focusing on Robert ahead, unsure on how he will take this turn. I momentarily lose sight of Glenn in my rearview mirrors. Not knowing exactly where Glenn is, I take the corner wide, following Robert’s line. This gives Glenn the opportunity to take the preferred inside line, which he does, passing me as we approach the tight left-hand Turn 9. Robert goes slightly off track, coming back on though the apex of Turn 9. I am on the binders to let him back in and to stay tight to the apex, leaving Glenn room on the outside. Robert now drifts to the right, with Glenn tucking in behind him. On the approach to Turn 10, Robert goes to the outside, moving in front of me. Again, I am on the binders and have to take this turn wide so as not to crowd out Glenn, who is taking the more preferred tight approach. I end up going a little too wide and run slightly over the outside curbing. This allows both Glenn and Tony O’Brien by on the inside. As I ease back onto the track proper, Tony has not allowed me enough room and I lightly touch his left-rear quarter-panel. I check up and let him take the apex of Turn 11. I’m now in 11th, with Kevin and Mark Guy nipping at my heels.

At the slow left-hand Turn 12, Glenn comes in harder than Robert, who is ahead of him, and Glenn goes too wide and off track. In order miss his possible re-entry, I take the apex a little too tight, clipping the curb that sends me wide on exit, allowing Kevin by on the inside. Glenn is less lucky, going onto the grass with his car turning left, straight back on to the track and into the path of Mark. Mark smacks the left front of Glenn, turning Mark around 180-degrees, sending Glenn back off the track, minus his front aero package. Mark finally gets turned around, but not before causing Rafael Barbos a near heart attack, as he narrowly misses Mark’s U-turn on the track. Glenn heads to the pits for repairs.

Lap 2

I’m in 11th, close behind Kevin, who is closely following Tony, Dariusz and Robert. Dariusz lost some ground at the end of Lap 1 when he made light side-by-side contact with Rhys. I am carefully watching the battle ahead between Robert and Dariusz (7th & 8th). At Turn 8 they are side-by-side. Dariusz has a slight lead on Robert as they take Turn 9, with Dariusz on the outside. Robert takes the curb and can’t quite keep the car turned through the apex and shoots into Dariusz, sending Dariusz into a 90 degree slide. Tony, unfortunately, cannot avoid T-boning Dariusz. Tony is able to continue on, while Dariusz drops back to 12th. I finish the lap in 10th, following Kevin and Tony, who are led by Robert.

Lap 3

Eric (5th) misjudges the Senna “S” (Turn 1 & 2) as he tries to stay ahead of a hard charging Rhys. As Eric slides on the curbing at Turn 2, Rhys ends up tapping his rear bumper. Both cars end up off track. I’ve slipped by both of them by Turn 4. Rhys falls in behind me. I am now in a close 5-way battle, led by Tony and Kevin and followed by Rhys and Rafael. Tony goes slightly off course between Turns 7 & 8 and Kevin gets slightly out of shape as he tries to adjust to Tony’s actions ahead. I have to lift slightly and Rhys takes advantage to pass on the right at Turn 9. Rafael passes me on the inside of Turn 10. I now have Eric Nelson charging up my tail pipe. Rafael goes wide and off track on the exit of Turn 11. I slip underneath him at Turn 12, as he once again goes wide. Up ahead, Tony goes wide on exit of Turn 12 and Kevin, who is following, checks up, just a hair, so as not wreck Tony; as Tony slides back on course. However, Rhys runs into Kevin, spinning Kevin 180 degrees and off track. While there are no actual yellow flags flying (track conversion bug?), there should be. Eric decides to take advantage of the wrecking to gain a position by attempting a pass on my inside. As he rides the curb at Turn 14, he loses control and slides into my left-hand side, getting me sideways, thus completing his pass.

Lap 4

After all the excitement, I get a chance to check the scoring and find myself in 8th. Which is to be short-lived, as Rafael passes me at Turn 1. I am now following a tight 3-way battle between Tony, Eric and Rafael. Further ahead there is a similar 3-way tussle between Yves, Yuri and Gary as they try to run down Gregory. Rafael heads down the pit lane, giving back my 8th spot.

Lap 5

Kevin finally gets around Tony and he now has Robert in his sights. Tony goes wide and off course at Turn 12, allowing me to advance. Kevin gets around Robert, who also went wide on exit of Turn 12.

Lap 6

5th as some drivers make early pit stops.

Lap 7

4th as I pass Eric who is pitting. I will make my pit stop, at the end of this lap, for 2 front tires.

Lap 8

Come out of the pits in 8th place, behind Rafael and Eric.

Lap 9

7th as I pass Tony in the pits. I’ve gained some ground on Eric.

Lap 10 –12

I am slowly reeling in Eric, but the sands are running out. By lap 11 the gap is 1.5 seconds. I can only hope for the mistake that never happened. Finish 7th, less than a second behind Eric.

Race 1 Highlights
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1AX1IHF8uE[/ame]

Race 2

With the top 8 finishers reversed for the grid, I am lined up 2nd behind Rhys and in front of Eric and Gary.

Lap 1

At the start of the race, I spy Gregory making a wild run in my left rearview mirror. Brain says, “Anytime you spot someone starting in 8th making this kind of dash to Turn 1, use extreme caution!” Which I do, and let him pass. An especially wise decision, as Dariusz is doing the same from 9th on the far right side of the track. By the entrance of Turn 1, Gregory and Dariusz are 1st & 2nd respectively. I fall in behind Rhys, who has moved to the inside, allowing Gary and Eric to pass on the outside. Kevin looks to make it 4-wide as he tries to pass on my inside. Eric and Gary touch, which sends Gary sideways across my nose. I make slight contact with Gary as Kevin leans on me to avoid Gary, Gary slips by us. Kevin’s contact sends me further to the right, forcing Mark Guy to take evasive action onto the grass. Mark comes back on track barely behind Kevin and myself. Gary hits Mark. Gary is able to continue, but Mark ends up contacting the inside wall of Turn 3, rejoining the track 2nd to last place. Up ahead, Dariusz is pushing his luck and tries to stick his nose into the apex of Turn 2, getting squeezed by Gregory who had the lead going into the turn. As Dariusz gets out of shape, Rhys taps him. This gets both into trouble, and Eric ends up contacting Rhys as Rhys tries to gather it back in. Dariusz gets shuffled back to 6th for his efforts. I fall in behind Dariusz with Tony, Yuri and Yves behind, in hot pursuit.

Lap 2

I am able to hold onto my 7th position, holding tight to Kevin, Gary and Dariusz ahead. I’ve managed to place a small cushion between Tony and myself. The cushion is made larger as Yves has minor contact with Tony coming out of the Senna “S”. Yuri takes advantage and passes them both. Coming into Turn 4, Gary misjudges his entrance and just clips the right-rear quarter-panel of Dariusz. This sends Gary at a 90-degree angle directly in front of me. We make slight contact. I suffer what, hopefully, is only cosmetic damage to my front bumper, but Gary is off course. As I to get my car back under control, Yuri makes a pass to the outside. By the time I’m back up to speed, Tony has passed and I now have Yves and Glenn bearing down on me. We now have 5-way battle going with Mark bringing up the rear. At Turn 10, I try an inside move on Tony. We make slight side-by-side contact as I slip off the curbing at the apex. Tony pulls slightly ahead. I make another feint at Turn 12, but Tony defends.

Lap 3

I am holding onto 8th and onto the tail of Tony. But, as we race each other, Glenn, Yves and Mark are all over my bumper. I finally get my opportunity, as Tony goes wide and off track between Turns 6 & 7. Coming out of Turn 11, Yves catches the left-rear quarter-panel of Tony, sending Tony up the grassy knoll. Tony comes flying back on the track between Turns 12 & 13, just missing my left-rear quarter-panel. Excellent car control Tony!

Lap 4

Now 7th with a small gap back to Glenn and Mark. Kevin and Dariusz are just over 3 seconds ahead. By Turn 11, the gap is down to 3 seconds. In Turn 11, Dariusz loses the rear as he rides the inside curb and drifts off track, gifting me 6th position. I end the lap in 5th as Kevin makes his pit stop.

Lap 5

I now have a clear track ahead with Yuri just over 4 seconds ahead and Glenn 1.5 seconds to the rear.

Lap 6

4th as Yuri pits. I now have over a 2-second lead on Glenn and Rhys is over 7 seconds ahead.

Lap 7

2nd as Eric and Rhys pit. Glenn is hanging on at just over 2 seconds behind. I will pit at the end of the lap for 2 fresh front tires, followed by Glenn.

Lap 8

I come out of the pits in 7th. Glenn is 10th, over 6 seconds behind, with Kevin and Mark in between us.

Lap 9

5th as Tony & Yves pit. Just over 2 seconds ahead of Kevin and over 9 seconds behind Rhys.

Lap 10

The lead over Kevin and Mark is now almost 4 seconds.

Lap 11

Maintaining the lead over Kevin, who now has Yves on his tail.

Lap 12

Yves has replaced Kevin, but the gap is now just under 7 seconds. Finish 5th, 7 seconds behind Rhys and over 7 seconds ahead of Yves.

Overall finish of 4th for the event. Thanks Uncle Sam Racing for a comfortable and fast car.

Race 2 Highlights
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YggVf7O3oAY[/ame]

Attachments

• interlagos.jpg
    interlagos.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 208
Really good fun again, these Muscle Car events are very enjoyable, very close and a top group of racers.
Looking at the times the top guys were doing around Brno, I don't think they are "slow". I liked these cars on this track.
Again, I need to thank my personal coach, Yves, he is really helping me learn to drive these beasts, they are certainly different. :handshake:

Qualified P8, but the times were very close for most of us.

Race 1: Only dropped one spot at the start, pretty good by my lousy standards, and settled in behind Emilio. My aim at this stage was to look after the tyres, since I knew Brno to be tough on tyre wear. After a few laps, my "old" GTL master Sam, slipped past, but he seemed to be hammering his tyres. Lap 4, Sam slid off, and Michael had managed one of his "predicted" offs, so I was now P6 but still coaxing the tyres to hang in for the duration. They did too, allowing me to pass Emilio and pull a gap. Lap 8, I passed Gary who was lost in a cloud of smoke and dust, and was able to stay ahead of him (I think his tyres were second hand and he had no front spoiler, which helped a lot :whistle: ), so I hung in for P4 at the finish.
Grats to Yves , WD to Martijn and Jari.

Race 2: Started P6, and was holding that until the T2/3 chicane when I became the meat in the sandwich between Yves and Martijn (see pic), dropping to P8. Again, I tried to settle into tyre conservation mode, but had plenty of pressure from Freddie and was a little ragged. We then came upon a mess of cars and smoke with Martin, Jari, and Sam all heading into the inside fence. This gifted me P3. I then had a great battle with Jari for a few laps, but was getting untidey from pushing harder, and felt I was holding Jari up, so I eventually let him by. This immediately put Martin hot my bumper. We passed Yves having a quick smoke on the grass, and I then found my rhythm again and started to hang onto Jari in front, even gained a little occasionally, and also was able to open a gap on Martin. I then made a big boo boo by spinning on the second last lap, but was able to hang on to take P3 to the finish.
Grats to Martijn and Jari.

Thanks Yves, this is developing in a really good series, and I am loving these US tanks. :bounce:

Attachments

• US Muscle Brno.JPG
    US Muscle Brno.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 166
As usual, Michael, an awesome report. We end up in the same company most races and enjoy our sparring. Makes for great reports, too.
That was some good racing.
All, except that spin that brought me right in front of Mark. Sorry Mark! Didn't mean to ruin your race. I also had two video blackouts that lasted a few seconds of heart stopping moments. Fortunately they weren't terminal and didn't cause anyone else to wreck.
I enjoyed the track immensly as it allowed for some good close racing most of the races.
Looking forward to next Friday.

thanks to everyone who join the event, i'm getting more challenge with more events done which make me push myself and the car to the limit.

practice: i though i would had a challenge from Gary but surprisely it cames from Jari, never raced with him before and i got surprise at his speed.

Qualy: did my personal best and took the pole with a 2:10:154, i'm pretty sure i could have done a very high 2:09 but couldn't put the perfect lap together but still satisfied.

Race 1: got a very good start and was easely P1 at T1, from there i quickly started to pull a gap on everybody and took the win pretty much eventless.

Race 2: again had a good start and was able to gain one or 2 spots before T1 but beeing in the outside and to brake to avoid hitting the guy infront i drop the 2 places i had gain and something crazy happened at T4, 3 of us side by side into the corner :woot2:

the next 3 corners was a side by side with Martijn ( i think ) very clean awesome man :good: but finally got in front of him and start pulling a little gap. at this point i was P6 and at lap 2 T2 Gary touched the guy in front of him resulting in a flip

which gave me 2 free places and the 4th spot. then something happen, at first i thought it was a synchronize spin from the 3 leading guy's but after watching the replay i saw that Jari spin first resulting the guy in second to brake so he could avoid him but that caused Martin to hit Sam and then they both spun giving me the lead :jump:

from there i was able to pull a gap until lap 6 where i spun coming out of third corner to last and hit the barrier loosing my front spliter, didn't pit and finished 4th not far from third place.

very fun races guy's thanks for joining :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years