RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What a nightmare.
Quali:- 15th.
Race:- Suspension :(
Was up into 12th by lap 2. Rear right wheel touched the grass under braking. Lost 2 places.
Rejoined behind Dennis, thought I was gaining on him quickly, truth was I lost track of where I was on the track and went straight on at the hairpin.

Totally gutted. Been looking forward to this race for 2 weeks :(

• Bert Van Waes

i know man, the same here. was loving all the work in the rain in practice and qualifying.

But then the race came on, lolz... I started quit nice and from P18 i gain a spot or 2. Everything went well for all of us in T1 but some T's later i see a little touch and spin from Jelle and someone else. Tryin to avoid it all i needed to put the throttle up and flew into the double right hander on that little hil... Man, instant death... Very short race...

Better luck next time i guess. Tx Buxton!

Beginners luck maybe...a driver that nearly only race single seaters in my first Mini race ever...

Have raced the track before in Catherhams so know i quite well.

Qualified in 11'th and had a nice start picking up some spot

Carried on a consistent drive and was up in 3'd place after approximately 1/3'd of the race.

After 1's pitstop i came up behind vd Knaap to lap him, but i guess he did not watch his mirrors close enough. Stayed behind for some corners and then suddenly between T2 and T3 he braked in the middle of the racing line (?) and i smacked into the rear.
Sorry m8 for that, but next time better to just move slightly off the racing line easing of the throttle.... that won't even loose you time.

The car did not feel the same after that and i made some mistakes before finding the balance again

Finished in a for me very nice 4't spot

Thanks to all the racers and organizers.... real fun combination of cars and track

Seems the rain tricked most of us, got wrecked the car 2 times myself also, same corner, T2 tricky left hander.... :)

Qualy nice battle with Peti, lost it to 2nd on the grid with some 0.07 if i recall right :) always screwed up the end of the lap... :)

Got a good start without wheelspin, grabbed the 1st place before T1, then unfortunately Peti lost it at T2 immediately, was preparing for some nice dogfight there, shame it did not happen.
Then was quite lonely up until the middle of the race, building some healthy 10 sec lead, when arrived behind the back field for lapping, at T2 lost concentration and went wide, kiss the wall, then as a bad luck guy in front of me lost it too at the same corner, and we met at the grass :)))) struggled back to the tarmac with suspension damage, still 1st place but Matt now with 0.5 sec behind me :)
Went for the pit, luckily they could fix my suspension quite fast, got back before Matt but now with some 20 sec, as i saw the replay T2 got him as victim too while i was pitting.

Had some nice fight with Bob then for the 1st place before his pit, after during lapping at the final corner sequence i touched somebody in front of me in the middle of the corner, truly sorry for that, no harm for none of us as a luck in it. Then again some lonely time, and again towards the end of the race T2 was coming... :) same thing, went in a bit too fast, kiss the wall again exactly the same spot as for the first time, again suspension damage :)

Brought the car to the finish line at 1st, but when i crossed the line it did not show me the chequered flag, but it allowed me to go on lapping, just my positions were dropping compared to others, as i checked in the box everybody seemed to be freezed on the track, a bit of a funny end for a tricky race. :)

Thansk for the organisation guys, eventful race it was.

Wow what a race.

Firstly big thx to Mr Buxxom and the RD department for hosting this event, finally. No server probs this week, well done guys. :woop::woop::woop: :thanks:

Now for the race, qualied 10th, good start and kept out of trouble for T1, holding my own into T2 and had to lift a little, next thing u know the tail gets loose and aroung she goes. Now on a merry go round and expecting the worst and I manage to come out of it with just suspension damage. Now at the back of the field I start to pick off the guys in front, mostly them leaving the track at some point and I get upto 8th. Started race with 30 laps of fuel so got my head down for the long haul. After about 25 laps noticed some were pitting and eventually found myself in the lead. A few laps before I pitted Atti passed me, on fresh rubber and I pitted in second place on lap 34 I think. Put fresh rubber alround and about 24 laps of fuel. I think this was way to much but didn't have time to alter it down any further in the pitstop. Came out 8th and then and couple of laps later was 7th and this is where I finished. Gr8 race.

Man you have to consentrate like crazy in the rain, one slip and you find yourself of track and looking for trees or wildlife.

Thx guys it was a privillege to race with u tonight and grats to the winner. :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%