RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hmmm.. had to accept the forum rules again - strange....

First impression is that it's like driving a Kart (no suspension) over rocks. This could be interesting...

(Update)
Took some getting used to - tried all the cars to see what the differences were. 'Vette seemed very fast if I could keep the torque under control on exit, same with Marcos. Spyker seemed like a good car too - very smooth.

Tried Eric's Mosler set up first, then again after trying all the other cars - ended up quite a bit quicker the second time, with very good MoTeC numbers. Nice setup Eric.

I take it that it's a given you will catch big air though Slotemaker (T5)? I feel like MotoX trying to stick the landing :biggrin:.

had great fun in both races 4th r1 running p4 R2 best BMW was all i could hope for with the Alfa mafia p4 till windows update shut down steam..........grrrrr

MY HUGE APOLOGIES TO MARTY PIERCE IN R1 LAP 1 LAST TURN I COMPLETELY BUGGERED UR RACE UP IM SO SORRY, AT THE TIME I THOUGHT WHY THE HELL DID U TURN IN ON ME I HAD THE CORNER............JUST WATCHED REPLAY AND I DIDNT QUITE HAVE IT AT ALL FROM THE OUTSIDE VIEW WHICH WAS A REAL SURPRISE AS IT LOOKED CLEAN IN CAR......AGAIN I CANT SAY SORRY ENOUGH AS ID NEVER T-BONE ANYONE INTENTIONALLY SO SORRY MATE :(

also when game crashed hope i didnt take anyone out in R2

Not sure how you came up with me turning in on you when I was on the normal line and you made a hasty dive to the inside of the turn for position then hit my right rear corner. Yes I knew you were coming but you were not close enough for a clean pass and that made it your responsibility to lift and to wait after the incident. Thanks for the apology and accepting responsibility of the incident. Marty

See ... I reckon it does make it more interesting when the choice is left wide open for pitting - more strategy and stuff come in to it ;-))
That's true, but this race was full of experienced drivers, who knew what they were doing. I have seen other races where it was tight to survive where everybody tried and towards the end the drop out rate increased drastically due to the unexperienced drivers not being able to control their cars anymore. That's why I usually prefer to be on the safe side :).

But ok, this was definitively a fun event.

All i have to say is that i am glad i joined in tonight there was great side by side racing fo me all night and great battles i believe all over the track i had never raced these cars and that race left me wanting more!!!

Can't believe you hadn't try those cars before, they are the most fun TC in game, i,m glad you like it. My RWD adventure started with those babes as they are so easy to handle and great learning tool too. Never looked back to drive the boring FWD again since:smile: I do hope we can have some more fun with them in future friday night events.

yep, my strategy was to race without a pitstop. And i succeeded in that. about 12 litres of fuel left. (filled it up with 50)

Stategy worked almost to get position 8 in the Race, but Bram just leaved the pit before me and another driver did also something like that. (he was taken the short way to the track) so i lost my 9th place to go 10th for that moment. ( even when the long way is taken i think the car is faster on the track again when leaving pit)

After a while David enters very quickly on me again and a couldnt go faster anymore because my tyres had not enough grip anymore. Also the setup i used (an old one i found online from Nigel (and it only looks like it it did not have enough speed)

But it was worth to try it. 1st race that it looks like you could drive with no pitstop without running out of fuel or driving downhill in free gear.

Thx for the good race.

yet another great mini friday race guys and also nice to see a few old faces on the grid.

great start of the race and got the jump on Nick and was upto 4th, soon Sirtb and Adam went of leaving me and Emil battling for the lead, and what a great battle it was eventualy i got the lead but then i started making mistakes and eventualy dropped to 4th. decided to pit whne my tyres were down to 70% which i totaly screwed up lossing at least 20 secs. rejoined in 6th and soon i was chaing Dietmar for 4th and like he said with my fresh tyres i had the advantage and past him quickly, but with by then 30 secs the Adam i settled back for 4th place.

thanks to RD and i`ll see you all next week for some Armco basshing lol :rolleyes:

• Stirb Iuliu

No pitstop for me. Full tank 37 L and softer settings for tyre preservations. Strategy worked but it was a hell of a ride.

Adam Vaughan made a mistake and went off for a gravel spin. He was back in no time and passed me and others in front like a turbojet. Simply no reply, but he had a pitsop based setup.

Half the race gone and people were making pitstops including Adam.

Soon it was a fight for grip, worn tyres and lack of concentration. I don't know how but I was in second place fighting with Emil and trying to keep the distance from alien Adam who was pushing really really hard trying to catch back.

It was a hell of race, thanks to organisers, Emil and Nigel, you guys were very fair-play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%