RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yeah we apparently were doomed last night Dennis :) I ended up with a lot more free time on my hands than I expected last night so I figured I would see if I could jump in at the last minute. To my surprise Dennis was apparently hosting a private track-day and I crashed the party :) I had never seen the track before so I figured I would just hop in and try to pound out some laps to at least know where the turns were.

I never really use the minis, but I scrounged an old setup from Falkenberg I made that seemed to be OK.

As Dennis said, all was going well Race 1 until around lap 9 he had a graphics freeze and accidentally ESCed. I backed out so we could start Race 2, and hoped for better luck.

Race 2 started off well with some more good racing when it was my turn to have problems - an IM I received caused my wheel to stop responding and nothing would bring it back without restarting the game. I've never had this happen before, I think it might be due to running MotecAdd on my other monitor. I will investigate so it doesn't happen again :(

I came in about halfway through qualifying and went to leave pits when I noticed it was superpole. I thought oh no, I don't want to ruin the standings (thought it was top 5 only) so I esc back to the pits. Qual over for me - start at the back.
Race 1 - got a good start and went from 14 to 8th. Pretty much sat back & was patient following and was able to pluck off one or two positions through others mistakes. There were 1 or 2 very impatient guys in here and I was witness to some very unnecessary and unavoidable contacts. Majority were great to race against.
Anyway, so plan was to sit very close behind & apply pressure, hopefully becoming a mistake which would let me by. Was working pretty well too.

Pitted in at the end of lap 7 and took fresh rubber. Car came out very strong and I was able top gain places by having good in & outlaps. By the end of the race I was catching up to 4th, then 3rd, and finally 2nd place. Mattia took himself off & let me take 2nd. I repaid him back by taking myself out in Race 2 to give him 2nd :)

Some great racing all round & a load of fun, glad I got up to join you all.

Steve

Had again a wonderfull evening with these cars, even when im not the fastest around. 1st time around on this track,but that was probably also the case by some of you.

Made my own setup and in the 1st practice a could have a 1.39 but i did not break my own time anymore after a small change in setup.

Qualifiyng was poor because a spun, but managed to start not at the end.

1st race. 1 round was a bit messy, mostly i can gain something in the 1st round but this time i got a small hit which caused me a suspension problem.
Decided to go on, and repair in mandatory pitstop. However these cars i find difficult to drive and with a suspension problem its even harder.
Finished i cant remember but i think it was 10th spot.

2nd race This time i could gain some spots because of some problems from other cars, but it didnt last.
But just by continue i just finished in 8th spot not overtaken anyone.

finaly I GOT A NEW STERING WHEEL AND A GOOD ONE TOO:)

so SIGN ME IN PLS

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

OR IN BETTER QUALITY

Logitech-G27-Racing-Wheel.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years