RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

500k Enduro @ Rattlesnake Point - Saturday June 26th 2010

Class
GT Pro
GT Sport

Schedule
Servername: Racedepartment.com 500K
Track: Rattlesnake Point Download
Practice: 18:00 GMT - 40 Min
Qualification: 18:40 GMT - 10 Min Superpole
Race: 66 Laps
Weather: TBA

Practice server
Practice server will be up from time to time, this will be announced here.

Ranking Point
There will be double ranking points awarded for this event.

Race Restart
The race will be restarted at the moment a driver suffers disconnection on the grid before the start lights turn on. We will go back to the qualifying session so the driver who is disconnected can rejoin the game. At this moment everybody needs to stay in his pitbox! Only the driver who has rejoined the session drives to the end of the pit lane, turns around and drives in the wrong direction through the pitlane till he gets disqualified.
A disconnected driver will start the race as last on the grid.
To keep the qualifying standings as they are we will have no warm-up session before the race starts.

Chat
Chat, as stated in the rules, is absolutly not tolerated! We dont want to see any "thanks" , "sorry", "np" etc. during qualifying or race. If a driver makes room for you, flash your lights 1 or 2 times to thank him.

Cutting
On this track there are 3 corners where there is tracksurface between the yellow line and the curbstones in the outcoming racingline of the corner as shown in the pictures.

ONLY for this event you are allowed to cross the yellow line in these 3 corners and use the curbstones as marker for the end of tracksurface. Dont abuse this exception for cutting in other corners, the rest of the track has a clear end of tracksurface by the yellow lines.

Please read:
  • Click here to read the password and golden rules!
  • It is a VERY long endurance event. If you tend to leave an event after a minor crash, you should NOT sign up. It is for the hardcore enduro guys who can manage with the occasional "you have a suspension problem" message.
  • If you sign up we expect you to be there! A no show will be awarded with infraction points.
  • Deadline for providing a skin is 24 June

Mixed feelings after these races

Q: not bad, P10 out of 20.
Race 1: Like always, im not really good in the first minutes. Lost a few spots in the hassle and also went off in Pouhon to get some gravel. Worked my way up to P8 in the end.

Race 2: Started from pole and with all those guys with blistering speed behind me it meant to be some hot opening lap. Came good off the line, but i was too eager and missed my braking point after the first straight so martijn passed. In 4 corners 5 others guys followed. Coming towards La Source there was a whole bunch together. I braked early and steered in, but Peter was on the outside. I went a bit too wide or he came back in again, so we touched and he spun. I decided to try yield asap in the blind spot of La Source but even somebody tried to pass me in the 20 centimeters between me and the wall. I really messed up my run from the hairpin to Eau Rouge so was suddenly at the back of the pack. From there my mission was to get a nice rythm. I managed to keep that for 3 laps, until i messed up Eau Rouge again and i gave the walls a bit more "Rouge" :)

Thanks for the fun guys, see you soon!

Well what a race

race 1 got a great start made some places then lap 2 or 3 in over shot the last turn the 1st gear right hander so front aero damage had to pit had no grip on the front end.

Race 2 well very very sorry to Szabo who I hit down the first straight and then caught Ócsai very sorry guys was a bad time for a sneeze to happen at the same time as trying to keep an eye on were Besems was had a sneaky feeling he was going to sneak it up the inside on me and Szabo, after that I was 15second down on 2nd to last, put some reasonable laps in and started to pass people, with 14min left on the clock it was time to close down Besems who was 12seconds up the road, worked really hard at it and closed the gap down to 2.5 seconds then I made an error at the end of the second to last lap Ócsai sneaked past and that was that.

Time to get lots of pratice in for sundays race and pick up the pace, I get a feeling it going to be a long battle with Ócsai and Besems come sunday both seem to be around my pace.

Thanks Dave & RD for arranging this event and till next week.

Good fun!

Q: 6th

Race 1: Had a very nice fight with Dariusz for P4, but at the last few laps the guys at front started to hit each other and we came very close! In the last lap they collided again at the bus stop, almost passed all of them, but Marcin managed to keep ahead, until he lost a bit of traction at the exit of La Source and I could pass him in the finish straight! Seriously this was one of the most awesome finishing moments I ever had!:)

Race 2: Had to calm down before the start:) Managed to take it quite good. At the end of the lap I was in the pack and had a little accident with Maurice. Then I tried to close up, had some fights and finally finished 6th.

Overall a really nice event! Thx Dave and RD!

Thank you all for this event!
Had a lot of fun!

Just popped in right before the official practice, had no chance to get familiar with the car-track combination. Just searched for an online setup file in-game, but haven't found an RD member setup. So decided to dl the best rated setup. Well I shouldn't have done this. The supension was quite bad on the bumpy parts. But the main problem was the too small brake duct, so the brakes over heated at every intensive braking. I realized this during the 1st race. The screen in the Aston cockpit is sooo small that it's unreadable even in FullHD.
Had some nice overtakes with outbraking in race 1, the problem is that they weren't intentional. Luckily there were no accidents from that, only some small bumps. Sorry Nathan for these.
In Race 2 I had to re-learn the track with the correct duct. Result was a damaged suspension in L1. But even with a damaged car and worn tires I managed to run 2 sec faster lap in race than the qualy. A finished 11th in both races as I remember.

Sadly I can not join you next time tonight was exceptional. The monday night races collide with my other activities...

Great to see all the familiar faces again. Qually was a struggle getting to grips with GTRs physics again. P2 in the end.

Race 1: Bad start Marcin and Bram shotgunned passed me, after a slight mistake by Bram after Eau Rouge I was able to overtake him, then and the end of the straight locked up bad and spun, dunno if i got touched but i dont think so, just noobish driving by me. Car stalled in dangerous section of Les Combes so I decided best to ESC. DNF.

Race 2: Start from the back of the pack, my favorite place lol. Had a very easy pace all the way to Les Combes where some massive punting happened was able to avoid that, and keep going. Afterwards a pretty good race for me, was able to keep a decent pace and made some passes which I haven't done in forever lol. Had to avoid some dodgy driving, but in the end a great race. P4 i think.

Grats to participants, was a fun afternoon race.

lol haha! Epic Video Sir Buxton!!! :thumbup: The music could'nt be more suitable for this race :D !

Even i was extremely angry after those two stupid crashes ( at the same place at two races grr ) this video calmed me down, now i see that was a great event :D

Thank you very much, and looking for the 2nd race :letsgoracing:.

( P.S : Thank you so much for uploading to Vimeo, if it was utube, i was going to suffer crawling in ktunnels :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back