RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was thinking: "Ok, maybe it´s not so bad - i can handle it". But first lap wasn´t over the best will be coming. :mad:
A Pro Corvette lost his whole front and was meaning to race like normal infront of the next cars without going off the line. He got flashing lights to make room, but no reaction.
Later he go off over the grass, the other Corvette go trought. I wanted also take this chance but ofcourse he comes on track and close the door infront of me like i´m not there.

It's called racing not charity, sorry but read post #1 (Chat) and find word "If" from text "If a driver makes room for you, flash your lights 1 or 2 times to thank him."
Read also post #4 and text "Just because the 2nd racer (the one behind) is in the slipstream and is much faster this doesn’t give him the right to force an overtaking. Even if the 2nd racer goes side by side it is very dangerous for both as these zones require crossing lines to be made at high speed."

Of course you can try to overtake me but it's never so easy but very hard.

Btw, Corvette's mirrors sucks and cause I never use virtual mirror so I can see another cars only from the track map and thats never easy when there's several cars behind me, ok.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. Note that I didnt know how badly my car was broken, never seen any failure message but noticed that everything wasnt ok but the car was still drivable.

So next time little more patient please, it was so long race so you dont need to pass immediately but just wait until it's enough safe, ok. If you saw my car was broken so you should knew that passing wouldnt be so hard althought if it happens a little later...

And if i read then from a GT pro how much fun he had with the "helpless" GTS i would say he was very wrong to join the event. Only to take the GT pro to have then fights for positon with GTS is really strange for me.

Sorry but I started from 7 grid and I was more than ready to race against other Pro class but my little mistake on the first lap ruin my race and rest of the race my only joy was those several helpless GT Sports because the gap between me and the top was too big after my 2 very early pitstops.

Maybe it would be also better to make the whole field GTS or GTP because most of the race the gaps was big and 25 cars of the same class will give more closer racing for all participators, specially on such a long track like the Nordschleife.
I agree.

I was in an accident Caramidaru :( Did half a lap with puncture and no splitter. Pitted changed them then missed a brake point after the long straight lost the splitter again. that's when you were in the pits. I decided to change strategy but before I managed to get the fuel up enough to go to the end it cancelled my stop so I had to do a full lap back to the pits with no splitter, where I binned it many times resulting in the end for me.

Servername:
RACEDEPARTMENT WTCC

Class:
WTCC 08 (Due to a high number of complaints Volvo no longer allowed)
Track: Istanbul 06

Weather: Dry

Start:
09:00GMT
Practice:
45 minutes
Qualification:
10 minutes Superpole
Warmup: 5
minutes
Race:
2 x 30 mins
Pit Stop: Forced
- All 4 tires must be changed

Notes:
Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply
send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Entrylist

1. David Buxton
  2. Jelle van der Knaap
  3. Dan Allinson
  4. Chris Sykes
    [*]Bob Hutchins
    [*]Grant Powell
    [*]Stirb Iuliu
  5. Bob Miley
  6. Arkadiy Plesovskiy
  7. Nigel Atkins
  8. Simon Gardner
  9. Marius Neverauskas
  10. Mark Guy
  11. Dubravko Vučković
  12. Matt Clark
  13. Marcus Falcao
  14. Jadran Dimic
  15. Stepan Senyuk
  16. Jesper Taulborg
  17. Gábor Ludvig
  18. Ariel Doman
  19. Omer Said
  20. Rafael Barbosa
  21. Dave Stephenson
  22. Bram Hengeveld
WTCC 08 Sunday club EU / US / AU Skinpack v1.0
Submit skins here

To "maybes" You will be added as a "Cinderella" at the bottom of the Entrylist. If your spot is needed then you WILL lost it.
If you are the last "maybe" added you will be the first "maybe" to lose your slot to someone that can confirm a sign-up.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT MINI

Class:
Mini Cooper
Track:
Oschersleben 06
Weather:
Dry

Start:
19:00 GMT
Practice:
30 minutes
Qualification:
30 minutes
Warm-up:
5 minutes
Race:
80 minutes

Note:
Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more
here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply
send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Entrylist

1. Frans Linden
  2. Bob Miley
  3. Chris Sykes
  4. Ronny Rooij
  5. Nathan Magrath
  6. Arkadiy Plesovskiy
  7. Nisse Andersson
  8. Anders Nilsson
  9. David Zafiu
  10. Marius Neverauskas
  11. Sebastian Chorazyczewski
  12. István Milbich
  13. Dubravko Vučković
  14. Ludovic Cogotti
  15. Kjell Stenbeck
  16. Andrew Bridle
  17. Joseph Edgar
  18. Dariusz Swiderski
  19. János Ócsai
  20. Jadran Dimic
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Dan Allinson
  25. Paul Chapman
Mini Friday SkinPack v3.6
Submit skins here

To "maybes" You will be added as a "Cinderella" at the bottom of the Entrylist. If your spot is needed then you WILL lose it.
If you are the last "maybe" added you will be the first "maybe" to lose your slot to someone that can confirm a sign-up.

I got an hour of testing or so before the race and managed to find a good setup (not quick, but reliable and comfy). Qualified 3rd in GTS class with a sub 7 min lap.

The start was confusing. Didn't see Remco disappear, and then I saw something about rolling start in the chat etc. I knew we wouldn't do a rolling start on the 20km track, but when the lights went green, no one was moving. A few seconds later, a few cars started to move and so did I. Very confusing.

I had a couple of cars behind me that were pushing hard, so I let them go by pretty easy. I was more into finding my own pace and rhythm, then fight for positions. I saw some tight racing which eventually made Michael H lose it, very unlucky mate.

First stint I was pretty much on my own with nothing interesting to report. I was following Joao and a few others in the beginning, but then they pulled away and I could find my own pace. Pitted on lap 9, and then started to gain on Andreas. I caught him and soon a GTP Audi joined. I don't know how many times we switched positions. but he could easily overtake me on the straights with his power advantage. In the corners I managed to stay with him and go a bit faster. After the 2nd stop and the last stint, he was behind me and I was in 6th position. I really wanted to finish there so I pushed like every lap was qualifying. He caught me eventually and I had to let him by on the straight again. Then I realized that I shouldn't push so hard trying to fight with a GTP car, so I backed off a bit and settled for 7th and 2nd in GTS.

My first endurance event on PC och first race for Black Visor Motorsport, so I'm very happy with the result and to bring home the car without a scratch. The only mistakes was that I braked a bit too late at Schwedenkreuz/Aremberg and touched the grass at another place. I didn't have the speed, but I was consistent.

Thanks for hosting this event and well done all participants who finished. Looking forward to next endurance event!

I personally still have problems with the first corner and the last 2. I can get each one right but cannot get all 3 right in the same lap. I really think that a
2.18.xx is possible in that vette.

I am running low 220s for a full race

vette setup uploaded with fuel for 10 laps (50l)

It's called racing not charity, sorry but read post #1 (Chat) and find word "If" from text "If a driver makes room for you, flash your lights 1 or 2 times to thank him."

Btw, Corvette's mirrors sucks and cause I never use virtual mirror so I can see another cars only from the track map and thats never easy when there's several cars behind me, ok.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. Note that I didnt know how badly my car was broken, never seen any failure message but noticed that everything wasnt ok but the car was still drivable.

So next time little more patient please, it was so long race so you dont need to pass immediately but just wait until it's enough safe, ok. If you saw my car was broken so you should knew that passing wouldnt be so hard althought if it happens a little later...

Sorry Kimmo, but as slow as you was it was obviously you loose your front splitter. And if you unsure about damage is there a button called "pit stop menu" where it´s able to see if something is damage. And then too say i´m racing as normal without looking back cause only the others have to look that nothing happens is a bit ruthless to me.

And i was the whole lap in patience with the pro´s in front of me what is not my strongest side. But with you we lost then so much time that Yves who was already 5 sec behind me close up very fast. And if then maybe 10 cars are behind a slow one i´m not sure what happen.

So it´s clear i try it as you go over the grass. If you come back slow from the grass on track, then it´s normal to look back if the track is free or not. If you have problems to see it because of bad mirrows is therefor a button "view to the back" which is fast to use if you have it on your wheel. And if you look in the replay you can see that i upcoming with much more speed, if you only stay left how i expected nothing would happen.

With the comment to race against to GTS i have to say sorry, i understand it in a wrong way.

Summary it´s not to change but maybe my advices to you helps for thenext one. If you already knew it and don´t understand my huff about your driving then i would have to make a big bow over you next time. Because also if i not had braking, then i had hit you into the next wall and you would be angry to me but i had normal drive away.

Okay, I'll try that vette and see where I'm losing time. I refuse to race the vette during the race... It's like joining the dark side of the force... but honestly, i like it that you are a staple in that thing. It's a real competitor as are you! Looking forward to this one. Sam, join us tonight for the dtm race there. The feel of these cars are almost the same as the gt cars except you can break later.

So... Here's my report :

Qualify

Well, nothing much to say, like many, I tried to do a "relaxed" and clean qualy lap, everything went well, I did 6.40.xxx, and I was P4 (I was expecting to be a bit lower, as I don't know this track as much as some other drivers around here).

Race

So I was starting P4... Remco didn't start for some reason, so I was P3, missed my start, but nobody did pass me before turn one, so I could keep P3. Then, I could follow Michal and Dave, but then at Ex-Mühle, it was "slippery" (well, maybe 2nd gear here was not a good idea), and couldn't re-accelerate properly, so the guy behind me hit me, I went in the grass, and a few cars passed me. The car who hit me didn't wait for me for sure. I think I was behind Satoru Ohno at this time (or maybe that was in lap 2), and I tried to overtake him in the right turn just before the Karussell, well, not a good move, I hit him, but no further consequences, I waited him to re-accelerate again, and then continued my race, in the sector three then, Kimmo Kokkonen, rejoined the track just in front of me, his Corvette was badly damaged (I thought it was a puncture, but actually, it was a bodywork damage) and then was much slower than me. So, Andreas and Kimmo already talked about that ...

Read also post #4 and text "Just because the 2nd racer (the one behind) is in the slipstream and is much faster this doesn’t give him the right to force an overtaking. Even if the 2nd racer goes side by side it is very dangerous for both as these zones require crossing lines to be made at high speed."

Of course you can try to overtake me but it's never so easy but very hard.

I am sorry, but I don't fully agree with this... Here's my POV :
  • As long as your car is not fully capable to depend safely its position (ex : damage), you should ease off and let pass the faster guys behind you.
  • IMHO, the kind of damage you had must have consequences in your car's handling, at least, there is the wrench icon in the bottom right of your HUD (just under the tachometer, where you have fuel.) who becomes red when you have damage... Your car was really slow at that time, that's why I think you weren't able to defend your position in safe conditions.
  • Virtual mirrors are much better than "no mirrors" at all, I must reckon that virtual ones are not "ideal" (only central mirror), but what's going on behind you is almost as important that what's going on in front of you.
So my advices : Put full HUD (if it's not done yet) and virtual mirrors.

Then after overtaken the Gulf Corvette, I saw Andreas spinning in my mirrors, but didn't know that Yves Larose was implied in this accident too. Anyway, that was a very delicate moment, and it is never comfortable to be between two cars.

So eventful first lap for me, but when I could overtake Steve Bean and secured P4, I was quite alone on the track, so it was more relaxed. Went until lap 6 and first pit stop without more problems. About strategy, I planned 3 stops each 6 laps, I initially though about 2 PS each 8 laps, but during my training laps at Brno with the Viper for RDGTC (so something which is not completely related), I figured out that tyres won't necessary last for a whole hour, so switched to the 3 PS strategy, as the leaders in front of me did AFAIK.

During my second stint, I can't remember when, Dave Stephenson had a problem so I went P3... So despite a quite chaotic first laps, and the fact I was not as fast as the leaders (6.46 as BL in early laps, won't be improved in the latter part of the race), I was happy to stay out of trouble, and have a podium position, but in lap 11, I got damage, and had to make my second PS earlier, but it was only anticipating it, so I lost a bit of time due to the damage and the fixing in the pits, but could re-take P3 a few laps later. Did another mistake when I had puncture in lap 15, at this time, I had just lapped Freddie, and as I lost time and he was coming just behind me, I decided to let him re-pass, but was actually faster than him despite damaged, so I re-lapped him again (fortunately it is only a video game, in real-life, I would have destroyed the bodywork :D), unfortunately, I was in the middle of my third stint, so I had to do one more pit stop just to repair the damage. Lap 17, I broken my suspension (well, I think, because I hit the wall and got the red wrench in the HUD, but no message), but the car still was drivable, after my last pit stop, where, the crew didn't repaired the damage, I still was P3, slower than P1 and P2 but faster than P4... So I had "just" to finish the race, but I was tired and did some stupid mistakes. But finished third.

Good result, but quite disappointed by my performance, it was not about speed, but I initially wanted to avoid any damage regardless of position, avoiding stupid mistakes and damage, and I had a lot of damage during this race. However, even without damage, I would still be third, at "just" 3 minutes behind P2...

So thanks to RD and Remco for this event, congrats to both classes podium finishers, and also congrats to all finishers who survived this race in general. Also, thanks to all these slow cars who let pass me when I lapped them, especially Freddie (which I lapped 3 times due to my accident), and Leon Stefan (maybe one of the slowest GT Pro in the field, but from my POV and what I saw, was very correct, at least toward me).

This leads me to reply to this quote :

Maybe it would be also better to make the whole field GTS or GTP because most of the race the gaps was big and 25 cars of the same class will give more closer racing for all participators, specially on such a long track like the Nordschleife.

Maybe, but as I just said, the only problems I had were when I was fighting for position (in the other hand, I was never behind any GT Sport, despite having Andreas just behind my tail), when I was lapping the GT Sports cars, they were all correct and let me pass without problem. And actually I was quite surprised to not have to overtake more GT Sport cars, but maybe it was because of the track length. Plus the fact that some GT Pro were as fast as GT Sports cars (no offence guys, I, and I think everybody around here, prefer slow and clean drivers than fast idiots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%