RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Firstly I'ld like to say thanks to all that turned up, this was indeed a match made in heaven between car & track.

Sorry to hear your graphics driver packed up Dennis you missed a great race.

Now onto the race, Qualied 2nd behind Sam who beat me by 0.019 sec. Infact the top five places where seperated by half a second.

Race 1: Got a grt start & had the racing line into T1 and came out in P1. The rest of the race I was lonely as 2nd place was about 7 secs behind. Then on the last lap I looked at my fuel gauge and thought I don't have enough to finish. About half way round I back off and managed to cross the line with 0.08 worth of fuel in the tank.

Race 2: Started at the back as there where now only 8 of us left. Got another grt start and followed Will up the inside into T1. The race was now on as I came out in 3rd behind Will and James who was in P1. Followed Will for a couple of laps and after he made a slight mistake managed to get up the inside for the position. Now looked to track down James who was around 2 seconds in front. Put some good laps together and cut the gap right down and stated to battle with James for the lead. This went on for a couple of laps and James was defending his position and I didn't want to make a silly move and cause both of us to go off. "Nice driving James" :D Now putting the pressure on, James finally make a small mistake & I'm up the inside of him to take the lead. Meanwhile Will has caught right back up & I now see he has taken 2nd spot. I carry on with Will right behind me and the gap going back and fourth. On the last but one lap I make a mistake & have to take to the grass and lose the lead to Will. Will now has a 3 second gap & I just push as hard as I can to catch him but thinking there is no way I can bridge a 3 sec gap in 1 lap. Now on the final lap and Will makes a mistake a T3 and is off. I get by and hold on to the lead untill the finish line where difference was 0.40. This was down to the fact I backed out on the last few cornners.

Thanks Will and James for making this a really grt race and giving room where needed.

Thanks to Yves a RD for putting on the event, :) & thanks to all those that showed up, shame it wasn't more.

See u all next time for another grt nights racing.

I was not sure how this would go, but turned out OK, finished third overall. But more than that, it was fun with good racing!. I'll have to check out the replay for the photo finish in race 2 as all I saw of Will + Bob was the magenta and blue dots

Race 1 Good racing mid pack with Peter Bretlhuber and Carlos Diaz. Then, James C was pushing me very hard from lap 5 till near the end of the race, was glad to finish 3rd!

Race2, most of the excitement was on the first lap, then just drove hard to another 3rd place finish, Congratulations to Robert on another win and well done Will .

Thanks to Yves and RD and everyone who showed up, an inspired combination!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHGHHGHHGHGGHHG :(

P5 in qual, not much to say apart I did a bad 3rd sector, but if I'm slower, I'm slower :p

Race 1, terrible race, I did 4 mistakes in the 4 first laps, finally finished P5, one lap down, out of fuel.

Race 2, everything went well (see. Robert's post), until that Norton popped up (didn't know I had this installed) and made me back to desktop, of course I crashed on the next turn and my race was all screwed... A great shame as I had a great battle with Bob and Will until that.

First driving this cars and the track. But still that was a great fun for me.

Race 1, had the stupitest start a man can take. I slided and turned ahead of Micheal. Sorry mate. I just joined at the warm up and could'nt practice enough. I wasn't know these cars have such an acceleration power :O. Then i crashed and DNF.

Race 2, Wow that was fun! Started 2nd and decreased to 3rd after the start. Will was pushing greatly behind me. And that was an extreme fun trying to keep him behind. It lasted just for 2/3 of the first lap. Then i went out of the track.

I had 5 , 6 fights against Micheal and we were both making mistakes. That was crazy.lol. Thank you mate :)

Thank you RD and Yves for this great event. We need to use this fantastic track at future events.

First time with car and track for me as well.

I had a lot of fun in both races battling with the guys in the mid pack. I think in race 1 I screwed up Peter B.'s race a little bit. It looks like he actually went out of his way to avoid hitting me when I broke a bit earlier than he expected me to in a left hander. He ended up on the grass trying to avoid rear-ending me. Very fair and clean driver.

Sorry about the early braking Peter, I'm a noob when it comes to this game.

I never expected to finish any where near 4th in both races, I was expecting to be last and even lapped, so I am very happy with my 4th place wins.

Entry list:
  1. Chris Sykes
  2. Philip Antonia
  3. Dennis Phelan
  4. Carlos Diaz
  5. Aleksey Bogatyrev
  6. Wayne Douglas
  7. Ariel Doman
  8. Szabolcs Hanyik
  9. Bob Miley
  10. Dariusz Swiderski
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ok I'll put in a brief report of highlights from Surfer's.

Q: got a cutting violation in the back staright 4 pack chicane. I was the only guy so I start 20th in DFL.

Jarrod directly in front of me in the sexy Gulf livery, Bob luneski to my left and Linus one row up ahead of Bob.

R1: I get the jump on Jarrod and Linus and thread the needle between them. Someone on Teamspeak is going "easy boys easy now eeeeeeeeeasyyyyy" Is that Jarrod coaxing me off my good start?

I get to the first chicane and I let Willie in the 407 get into the chicane since my overlap is not substantial despite being in side. Linus pops me in the rear and I get into Willie enough to turn him. Sorry Willie not my fault mate. I get past several cars and am P 13 going to chicane #2. I exit Chicane #2 with sped and am catching Tim Miller and Tony O going to T1 lefty. At T1 I get past Tim and just tap Tony a hair on the left rear. He slides off the barrier and continues on in position. Meantime, Linus has cut inside against the wall and passed me. Sure he got a cut warning for that one.....

Going to the GReen chicane I am within striking distance of Linus and Tony. We come around the blind left of the chicane and see that Johan and Robert Isles are getting untangled form the wall as we enter. It s a 5 way scrum leading to the 4 pack chicane. Robert and Johan lead Tony and Linus. I get a good run outside and pass Linus. Robert and Johan touch aagain and Johan is sailing his beautiful Detroit redwings Chevy to the barrier. Tony has gon on ahead of us all. Robert gets untangles from Johan and I nudge him entering the 4 pack when he jumps a bit left off Johan. I let him go thru the chicane as I should and we are sailing again.

We com eup on BRandon who is on the wall and resuming his race. Robert and he have contact. I am behind BRandon and give him a square nudge to get him going to speed. He is throwing off sparks and goes wide on the last turn entering the main front straight.

Lap 1 complete I am P10 chasing Robert Isles in the bimmer.

L4 I am battiling w/ Tony O for P9. Robert has gotten ahead at this point by a good margin of 3 seconds

L5 Tony plants himslef in the tire pack at Chicane #1 and I am P8looking toi catch Robert. someone must be in the pits as well since I jump 2 spots.

L 6 I pass Robert when he DISCO"S! Scares the crap outs me.

I pit in P7 on Lap 7 Abdul is in the pits and we leave about 1.5 apart. He has Taken 4 tires while I took 2.

L8 I flip my car in chicane 2............Abdul doesn't flip Abdul hits the GReen chicane tires and I pass him for P6

L9 I pass Kevin and Keith who are pitting to get to P4. Abdul still chasing

L10 I flipp in the 4 pack and Abdul just squeaks by to take P4 from me. Dagnabbit! I am P6 as Dariusz also goes by while I am upside down

L11 -14 I am chasing Paul wood and gaining a second a lap. I nearly have a terminal accident on the front straight when Paul and I come across Tony just sitting sideways tp traffic in the left half of the track. Dude, get clear don't just sit there!

L15 Paul finally makes a mistake entering th back straight and I am able to finally pass between him and the wall. He's a real gentleman about it as he doesn't squeeze me when he could have closed the door on me. Thanks Paul...this would add to my guilt in race 2 as it would later turn out.

I finish P4! can't be unhappy with that in the end!

R2. I start P 5 with Abdul , GRegory and Will behind me....................no rest for the wicked. PAul Kevin Mike C and Dariusz ahead. No slouch driver up there either!

The start sees me give up a spot to Gregory in the bimmer which I expect and don't fight it. Don't need to cause a big incident this far up the startiung order. We get thru both chicanes error/incident free and are flying to wards T1 Abdul and Will are right on my ass and looking for a mistake. I move a bit left to keep wil at bay and abdul forced to go outside if he wants to pass. I look ahead to my braking point and sneak a last secong glimpse at he guys behind to be sure I am still good and set up my corner. I return to the front view a freaction too late and have to dive against the wall to avoid ramming Paul Wood. Well there's just not enough room fo rme to go clean and I get Paul's Right rear and end his race. I FEEL HORRIBLE! I wait and ask Paul if he's coming and a dejected " i can't" comes over the headset. I apologize but know it don't mean crap ATM.

I resume P15 waaaay behind the race. I get to the 4 pack and find Tony, Tim and Keith all tangled up. I zip thru clean and am P12 and chasing Jarrod for 11th. I pass Jarro on the main straight when he is literally parked on the left side of the track?

L2 I pass Bob Luneski coming off T2 to the back straight. Keith in tow a couple seconds back. I pass Willie and Michael C in the 4 pack after an incident and am P8 Keith is closer. I then pass John Syden stricker a litle ways up and figure he may have been in the incident at the 4 pack too. I am P7. IN the back street section I get crushed by Keith who either had abeer bottle go under his brake pedal or forgot the next corner was only 3 yards up the track............HE's issuing th eappropriate apologies and I get her going again no worse for wear just not as pretty.

L3 I am P8 when John PIts. I am Chasing Tim and Bob again........... Bob pulls a TRavis Pastrana ENDO off the barrier at Chicane 1 and we get by undamaged. I get past Tim when he launches off the tire barrier in the 4 pack. I am P6

L7 I pit in 5th.

I resume in 6th after the stop

L8 I pass Michael C in the pits and am P5 chasing Abdul again weho has returned from a service stop.

L10 I flatten a tire and have to pit again.

I run out to the checkers and finish P5.

4th and 5th were fine for me...............

Some giuys out there are getting much better! PAul Wood had a really great drive going til I fecked it all up for him. Sorry again Paul really sorry about it mate.

Thanks to all my firends and Yves at RD for putting together a real doozy this week!

See yoou at MANTORP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back