RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Early doors got on the back of Rhys chasing for the lead,big moments from point of view getting checked up so as never to touch his car,soon our faster gang chasing caught up...i got loose as you like at the 3rd from last turn and was just about to scoop myself together when i got a little but fatal tap in the back wing and around my Caddy went,recovered 7th i think??...and plodded on enjoying some fine moments with Sam,he was sometimes even more scary than Rhys :p (lols).
The more my back end got moody on me,the more dangerous it all became,T2 was my main downfall on couple of occassions i clipped the grass by about 10cm on the exit and instantly speared across the road and off towards that big crane at T3!!...thank god its a "ghost crane" and i passed right through it once :D,then the barriers of despair took a knock from me,the car was still running,but within 20m of feeling it with this damage i pulled over and parked it.
Many thanks for restarting to let me back in mates :good:.
Congrats all there and more so those who bring it to the finish line :good:.
Might take a poll to let poor Rhys keep 3rd place?...(silly lad) :p.
Many Thank you to Yves & RD

Qualifying: 4th or 5th. Pretty stoked to qualify that well in these things on my first time out.

Race: After Gary's rejoining I started 2nd due to the mixup in warmup. I led for a few laps and held off Gary and then Ben, but a little nudge from Ben let Martijn through, and that was the last I saw of P1.
I was running in 3rd, and then 2nd after Tusto left, and consolidated my position as best as I could, having a very nice fight with Sam at the same time. Unfortunately a little mishap at the first sweeping chicane let him through, and I was back down to 3rd. I looked set to finish on the podium in my first US Muscle Club race, but at the last corner on the very last lap, I hit a tyre bundle on the exit and received terminal damage. :wacko:
So there I was, stranded on the start-finish straight, watching Warren sail by me to take the final podium position. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

That aside, this was heaps of fun. Well worth getting up early for. Thanks Yves and crew, and hope you guys had fun... :go-away:

Yet another fun installment of US Muscle.

First lap, last corner, hit the dam tyres and wrecked the car gerrrrrr, sus + front puncture and front aero. I could have quit then but ever the optimist I struggled round the lap, pitted, went a lap and a half down but managed not to finish last. See persistents does pay. :fwd::fwd:

Had a good time tonight, these cars are fun to drive but really tricky to handle sometimes.

Thx to all those that turned up and thx to Yves & RD for setting the whole show up....:fwd::fwd::fwd::fwd::fwd::fwd:

Thanks for the pickup race Yves!
Nothing to do here so I figured to drive.
Very slow, must have been the car!

I hung on in the race after starting off last.
Got to watch Bob catch up and pass after his pit.
Got to watch Bob catch up and pass.
Tried to not hold up 1st and 2nd as they lapped me.

Thanks RD!

This turned out to be a funny race, plenty of "adventures" which was to be expected, this was a dangerous track for these big beasts, especially with those tyre bundles of death lurking menacingly. :devil:

I originally qualified about P6, but after the re-start, I scored "lucky last" in the raffle. No problem, it was a long race, so I just opted to take it easy early, see how the war of attrition panned out. With the expected off's and misadventures of others, I moved forward to mid-field and had some nice racing with Emilio, but for a while we kept swapping spins. At one stage I had a Deja Vue moment from last race, when Emilio spun scross track sideways right in front and I was headed for yet another T-Bone into him :eek: . Somehow I managed to bail out into the grass and just missed him, phew. We then continued our private little scrap until Emilio spun off into a tyre barrier (but was able to continue) giving me P4. I decided to just cruise home carefully for P4 until I found Rhys stranded on the last turn just a few hundred metres from the finish. So I fluked P3, but hugely unlucky for Rhys. (or was that careless, lol). :messed:

Grats to Martijn for the win and Sam for second.

Thanks to all who raced, and thanks again to Yves for the event, always enjoy these yank tanks.

The good, the bad, the ugly and the amazing. Seems fitting for this event!

The UGLY

I'll start backwards though and talk about UGLY first. I ended up racing the SEAT LEON STCC car after trying almost everything in the fleet! I settled on it seeing that this track was going to be about handling more so than outright speed. I needed to have a driveable steed to race well and this was it for me. I chose a car that was a bit pushy(understeering) becasue of the very fast nature of many of the corners. You can see your problem coming waaaay in advance with a pushy car and see where your going when ya lose it. Just drive straight and get on track and not lose too much time from the mistake. But man is this car UUUUUUUUUUGLYYYYYYYYY! And it doesn't sound very cool either............

THE BAD

Q session: THE BAD...... I don't get a very good lap in at all. Mistakes galore and I am feeling the eventual truth 1/2 way through the lap. I am going to be REALLY far deep in the pack at the start. Too many guys with too many laps in the 23's and I have only sniffed a mid 24 mostly due to a lack of seat time here. I watch the timing screen intently. Many guys who were faster than me appear to have slowed in Q! THe field keeps running their laps and it looks like I am actually a top 10! HEll I'll take that result!

Race_Steam2009-12-1821-45-11-99.jpg

The GOOD!

R1: I am stoked to be up here on the grid and have a VERY RACEABLE CAR. I have no doubts that some miscues will occur early and if I can stay clean, I can move up and drive well.

The start: I nail it and get ahead of Michael Carver and Dennis Phelan ( he's another Connecticut guy BTW!) in P9/8 respectively going to T1. Meanwhile I am door to door with Brandon now and Robert Isles has gotten a great run on the inside in a bimmer. This puts BRandon in a sandwich!
Race_Steam2009-12-2013-23-02-89.jpg

BRandon dives to the curbing inside, Robert is forced to brake hard and he taps Brandons rear quarter. Brandon is now into Dariusz and the 3 of them spin. I see whats coming and go outside and pray nobody comes across and collects me. I am clean while Dariusz make one of the truly great saves I have seen this year and spares me the crushing accident. I am P6.

Race_Steam2009-12-2013-25-06-15.jpg

T2 Keith gets a run on Rhys and they touch entering th corner. rhys fights hard to hold the honda on track and finally loops it. NIcolas skates thru huggin the off line inside at exit. Rhys is sideways to the traffic and right at the exit point of T2. The drivers all check up but I am unable to see it until I CRUNCH William in the license plate mount with my hood badge. this propels him forward at warp speed past Keith who is off track inside like a true gent waiting for Rhys. Willam makes the an AMAZING SAVE and loses no pace and we continue in pursuit of Abdul and Nicolas.

Several corners go by before William loses it coming off the hill. HOLY COW I AM P3!Dariusz chasing from 4th.

L2 I mess up the slow right hander by not shifting down to 2nd. BRandon and Willam repass me. I am now in P5 with Dariusz ( not you again! ) on my heels. I collect myself and vow to be major mistake free from here on out.

L3 Dariusz finally makes a big mistake and goes off dramatically on the downhill section leaving Keith to pursue me. Wonderful......

L4 Keith and I race hard and I make a mistake goign off track in the downhill losing P4 to Keith. Always inevitable it seems.....

lap 5 I go off in T2 gifting P5 to Ryan.

Lap 6 I catch Tim MIller exiting thr pits and catch him mid T1 I am hoping he stays clean and the blue flag doesn't scare hium into some drastic move. He holds his line and I get thru clean.

L7 I hit my stop nicely! Willam and Brandon are exiting pit lane as I enter. Gotta hope one of them has a slow outlap to gain. I leave my pit box and the car goes WAAAAAAY over the pit lane speed. Why is the limiter off on exit? I didn't hit a button! I slow down and hop the penalty doesn't hitme. And it doesn't! hhhmm I just learned something valuable!

I rejoin on Lap 8 in P10. Wondering what will happen as I cycle along.

I pass PItlane and bIll K enters relinquishing P9 to me. Then P8 from Glenn who pits also. I get P7 next time by when Kevin is PItting and Michael Carver is to. I am P6!

Sueddenly I am P5 but not sure who I pass to get it. nobody is on pitlane!

Oh well time to hold off Abdul for P5!

Last lap I make a mistake and run of at T1. Scaring Abdul in the process as I hurdle down the armco in the grass trying to hold it together when we meet at T2!

We are incident free and I finish P6! not bad so far...

Race_Steam2009-12-1822-23-20-20.jpg

Race_Steam2009-12-1822-24-12-81.jpg

R2 sees me starting in P3. I am alongside Abdul and behind PAul Wood and Kevin Hopkins in P2. We get a the start and I NAIL IT! Passing Paul and getting up on Kevin in the Bimmer! uh not RWD advantage this time.... Abdul has completely missed the start and contact occurs from the guys behind him.

L1 I am on Kevin very very hard. We are equal in some spots and I am quicker in other but unable to pass cleanly yet. I am gaining big from the last right hander before we climb the hill and down the hill but cannot get past Kev here and forcing the issue here would be foolish.

L2 I am pressuring Kevin and he get s bit sloppy in a spot or two but fights hard to stay P1! I am so close to Kevin at times I can't see anything but the hair on his neck. HE is driving a defensive line and it's costing him time and his car is a handful with the rear stepping out constantly. I can wait him out for 2 more laps. If he doesn't make the big one and I get a clean pass, then I'll be more aggressive on lap 5. Meanwhile........>Dariusz is lurking in my mirror about a second behind.

L3 I bobble in T2 and Dariusz is right there to capitalize should I totally muck it up. I hold it together enough to maintain P2 and keeping an eye on Kev. Coming thru the downhill complex KEv has a big moment but saves it. I get a massive run on him and have to check up or hit him. This stacks Dariusz who has to evade a bit and goes off at the bottom of the hill but doesn't lose more than a second. Coming off the last corner I get a great run on Kevin and he goes defensive down the middle of the straight. I go High to get a clear view and the fast line in T1. Can I hold it inside down the hill to T2 if Kevin goes wide off T1?

Kevin drives it brilliantly and I am at bay for now.

L4 we stay status quo.

L5 I am on Kevin again and get another MOnster run on him going into the uphill. I have to decide right now to stuff it in a bit or be patient. I choose patience again since Dariusz is the only other car I can see back there. We have a nice lead on the field. My moment finally comes when Kevin loses it on the downhill and I am P1!

L6 Dariusz and I cross the line about .4 apart and free to battle it out. No change of gap or position

L7 I have extended on Dariusz a bit at the start of this lap. PIt stop coming soon! I pit and Dariusz goes off without me to P1! damn hoping we'd pit together!

L8 I resume behind Abdul and Bill K in P10. Wondering what Dariusz is up to?

Bill and Abdul have an incident and I am by into P8! I briefly go off track in the downhill. I run out the lap and hope I'll still be in touch w/ Dariusz!

L9 Dariusz has run a flyer while I was parked and has extended on me about 1.5 seconds!

L10 I cannot gain

L11 Dariusz is caught behind Tony O who is not moving over for the leader. pppffft what a surprise.

I get close but never pass dariusz for P1. Hurt the engine along the way so I had to limp home to preserve P2!

Race_Steam2009-12-1822-48-51-39.jpg

The AMAZING

IN the end, I am P2 overall for the event and am THRILLEd with this reult. 1 point ahead of Dariusz for a change!

Race_Steam2009-12-1822-49-44-45.jpg

It was a brutal night of racing. Demanding is an understatement! Happy with my best overall finish ever!

Race_Steam2009-12-1822-49-57-60.jpg

Other amazing observations:

Rhys your bad luck is ludicrous at this point!

We see an A4 on the pole! WTF!? keith of course. When you gonna pole a bimmer ya sissy?

Dennis and Michael's Quali times are split by .008!

Thanks Yves, RD and Eric K for getting this going!

OH yeah one other thing guys................

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back