RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

quali:
My setup was really bad and so quali was a disaster.
race1:
I was still playing little bit with my setup. Had a good start and was following the pack. But I was not able to keep up.
Bob was catching slowly from behind. And after some mistakes from me he passed me. ended 5th.

race2:
I did some further changes in my setup and I was faster in the second race. At the start there was a big mess.
Little bit strange because of the little field. I had no problem and could follow blain for several laps.
But in lap seven I lost concentration and Bob got me again. After this I was totally away and crashed several times.
I had to go to pits for repair and after that bob miley (how must have been involved in the t1 incident) catched me.
He was much faster then me (I still was not focused somehow) and he passed me. (think he wanted to play little bit :D)
limped the car back with several further crashes. p6

Somhow I like the gt cars more in the GTR2 game. But was nice to take them out.

thanks RD and all the racers

Sorry about the confusion guys when I tested it after midnight yesterday in the track selection menu there was only one version I could see. Wasn't aware of the 74-94 version since it was on the next page in game.

I tested both and............................That older version is waaaaaaaay more fun!

1955-1970 is what we are running with GT SPORT cars. Should be a vette festival.............

Great field last night, these Monday GT nights are really picking up speed. People must have been reading our race reports :) I have to say, this is a fun track to race. Pick your favorite corner from your favorite tracks, and this track seems to have something similar. To me it is perfectly suited for these GT cars.

Qual: Never did put all the sectors together, Sam passed me up in the closing seconds and I started in P8.

Race 1: Got away pretty clean, there was some typical pushing and shoving ahead but it seemed like most people made it through the first few corners unscathed. I seemed to be grouped with sam/jarrod/glenn all evening right from the start, and we battled for 6/7/8 for a couple laps. We started to spread out a bit, and coming out of either turn 3 or turn 5 I found Sam stalled in the middle of the exit line. I got on the binders as soon as I saw him but it was too late, and I hit him square. If he wasn't already in a world of hurt, he was now :) Apparently my wreck of a car then unfortunately collected Randy behind me, I didn't feel the impact but I did see you stopped in the track as I re-entered. So with no aero and dodgy suspension I limped all the way around the track and crept into the pits. Of course I hit the speed trap line at 1 mph over the limit, so after a 35 sec pit stop I was promptly hit with a stop-n-go. Served my penalty the next lap, then tried to salvage the rest of my race. Rejoined the race in P14, with Sam about 10-15 sec back in P15. It took 6 or 7 laps but I finally caught someone ahead of me, I think it was William, and spent most of those remaining laps being an annoying lapped driver harassing Glenn who I believe was in P8 :) Finished P13.

Race 2: Started in P13. Got an OK start - passed a few slower cars at the start and tried to settle into a rhythm. A lot more chaos in the first few laps of race 2 - many cars found the sand traps early and often. Once the dust settled I found myself back to chasing Sam and Jarrod for P5 and 6 I believe. This carried on most of the race. Stefan had been taken out early and ended up a lap down, but he joined the mix and that 4-way battle for the ideal line allowed Tyler to pick his way through. I was not able to catch Sam, as I could not make up enough time in the twisty sections to fend off the big HP of the vette in the straight. Ultimately finished in P7.

Thanks guys for the fun night. Haven't been driving any GT car for a long time and didn't have time to sort out the understeering issue I have on my Aston. It was a pleasant surprise for me to end up 4th on the grid with the handling problem I have. On low fuel the car was not that bad but once the race started I just can't get the car to turn.

Race 1. Started 4th but fell quicky back the order with a mistake in lap 1. Wasn't able to push at all. But things get stabilized after a few laps. Had great battles with J Keen and Eric Nelson. Eric is much faster and catching me all the time. But at the end he made a mistake out of final turn with 2 to go and that kills his chance of overtaking me. Very lucky for me to finish 5th in race 1.

Race 2. Made a few adjustments on the car before the start. Had a good launch and was fighting with Eric and Glen in T1. I had the inside line and made the move to take the lead. I know my pace is poor and turns out the adjustment on the car didn't work at all. It felt worst than in race 1. Made mistake in lap 1 again and Eric move back to P1 and quckily pull away at a blistering pace. Then I got Keith right up to my bumper and I had to play defensive for the next 6 laps, until a mistake on my own in T1 handed him the P2 spot. At the end, a mistake out of final turn in final lap put me back to P4 at the finishing line.

It was a great fun race. But I really have to up my game on these GT cars. See you all next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%