RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualifying went ok. I had only a run a few laps on Sunday as I've never run that configuration of Watkins Glen. I've done more races than I can remember at this track but I had never run without the inner loop. Unlike the WTCC87 cars, I had run the cars in the past (when Evo first came out) so I didn't have to figure them out on the fly. :smile: I did a decent lap in qualifying, but about a second off what I ran offline. During qualifying, I noticed the fuel mileage seemed to be off from what the garage was reporting.

Race 1: I was unsure about the fuel, so I loaded the car up. I had a good start but begin to mess up halfway through the race. I needed to try and keep a distance on the Vettes on the back straight, as they have more speed than me. However, after messing up T1 halfway through the race, that put Eric on my bumper through the esses. With that, there was nothing I could to keep him behind me. I held the inside line approaching the outter loop, but Eric had too much speed for that to matter. Afer that, I just watched Eric drive off into the sunset. :smile: Near the final lap, I notice my fuel calcs were not all that good as I had a ton of fuel left over. I think I finished with about 9-10 gallons left. :redface:

Race 2: I removed one or two gallons of fuel. I didn't want to remove too much as I wasn't really paying attention to exactly what I had left over after Race 1. Starting in the back of the grid, I got another decent start. However, I proceeded to make a complete idiot of myself and almost cause a serious incident into T1 with cold brakes. Luckily, I didn't hit anyone but I'm not sure how that didn't happen. :redface: I felt like a complete jack*ss so I pulled off to the side and let everyone go by. After that, I got back on track and starting racing. I caught up with Dennis and raced with him for a few laps. Dennis got a little loose off T9 and I was able to go by. I ended up catching the two Vettes of Eric and Sam who were racing for the lead and watching that battle for the last few laps (as well as watching those guys leave me in the dust on the back straight). :smile:

Good clean races tonight, sometimes I like racing with smaller fields for that reason.

Qual: I was trying to take it easy as I hadn't raced GT cars in a long time, and I've never used the Gumpert but thought it would be a good change of pace. Left race fuel in and went with the race setup and qualified mid pack in P5 of 8.

Race 1: Went nice and easy to start but still got a little loose early on which allowed Dennis to make a pass. I spent the majority of the first half of the race between 0.5 and 1.5 seconds from his rear bumper. I was actually pretty pleased with my setup for the most part, as my car seemed to get stronger as the race went on. I was able to get past Dennis as he said and started to pull away. It was about lap 10 or so however that I began staring at my fuel gauge. It was depleting very fast and I was getting anxious - which ultimately led me to stare a little too long and I ended up downshifting into 1st on accident instead of 2nd. I of course was sent into a 360 which allowed Dennis to catch me, and I was off fighting like hell to catch him in the remaining laps. He held me off and I finished P4.

Race 2: Well, the best thing about race 2 was the start. I had an absolute rocket start, and it was all downhill from then on. I lost focus a couple times which caused me to drop a wheel in some inopportune areas, leading to at least 2 spins I can recall. I had some nice, consistent laps in between them, but they were all for naught and I finished in either P4 or P5 (I wasn't happy with it so I can't remember :) )

I was thinking about disabling mechanical failures in the server settings, to circumvent any disadvantages for people with low engine health at the start of the race. Because these engine values are completely random.
The flip side is, that this setting removes the endurance aspect of nursing the engine (max. revs, cooler settings and style of down shifting), so you can drive with a overheated engine all day long in a huge contrail, distracting other drivers behind you.

Which way should we use?

Hmmmmmm you guys are liking the Pro's better? MOss is a nighmare corner and thought the Pro cars would be too fast.

I also like the diversity of the Sports class better..............4 more models to drive?

Gimme a vote then..........Pro or Sports? reply in BOLD RED #2 please so It's easy for me to sift thru the sign ups etc. YOU now have the power!

Last night races were a blast. I have only raced in a GT car once over the last year as we did a porsche race at A1 over the summer. This was a ton of fun.

The night began with me finding out that I didn't have the track, forgetting that I'm running a new computer now as I knew that I had Watkins on my old computer, I searched and easily found the track (thanks Eric) and downloaded. This was costing me valuable setup and practice time!!! I get in to see times are around 1.44-1.43 in practice. I have no idea if this is good or not as I've never driven the "boot". I spent the next 15 minutes driving and figuring out the boot and trying to find breakpoints and turn in lines. I thought that I'd be fast here but reality was that these cars are soooo different than the ATCC cars that I race weekly now. This Aston Martin used to be my loyal steed however since I've not driven her in so long, there was some... getting used to, some reaquaintance time that was needed. She kept telling me that since I've left her that my throttle touch has gotten a bit heavy. She of course tells me this in the most inopportune times.... as I'm exiting a turn heading toward a wall in which a loose rear would tap the wall.... doing damage and sending me spinning across the track....

So, some adjustment time was in order.

Quali: I actually hit a pretty good line in quali and think that I hit in the low 1.43 range and over the next 15 minutes, had 3 or 4 laps where I was over .7 seconds ahead of my best lap but just couldn't put an entire lap together. I think with 20 more laps on this track, I could break into 1.41s. So if my memory serves me, I qualified 3rd which was just fine and dandy with me.

Race 1: In the back of my mind, I of course tell myself that I'm a fast starter and that I should be able to take the leader by the end of the straight stretch. I figured that Eric might be the big problem here as I know he's fast in these cars and Pearson the pole sitter was in the R8 but Eric in a vette and me in my trusty Aston Martin.... I thought that I could get a run on the Audi but figure that the Vette (if he gets away clean) will just outhorsepower me up the straight.

It's go time.

I get off to a decent start and am in a clean 2nd place behind Kyle Pearson with Eric Nelson in 3rd around 2 seconds back and closing. Near the top/end of the long S straight stretch combo going up the back of the track, I closed a huge margin on the Audi and was right on his tail. I drove fairly well for a number of laps but just couldn't stay consistent. Eric overtook me after just a few more laps and from there, I had a handy lead on 4th. I then had a little damage due to a spin and eventually ran out of fuel...... This race wouldn've been much more fun for me if I'd prepared with 50 prep laps or so.... I felt that I couldn've stayed in it to the end....

Race 2 I was on Poll, decent start, poor luck on one of the early laps threw me into the pits at around 150 mph and after that I quit and watched the leaders... I had been racing up front with Eric and another vette driver (was it Eric E???) and i finally ran out of talent.

There were some great battles out there and these are great cars. I'll keep joining you on Mondays for sure!!!

Fun night guys!

Q: I started in the Saleen to keep things a bit tighter since I had run a 40.5 in offline practice event. Then Kyle goes and rips a 41.xxx and sends me to the transporter to get out the trusty Vette! I manage secod for Q. Well done Kyle!

R1: I spin the tires and get jumped and enter T1 in 4th. I run along trying to catch kyle and Jarrod after passing the 3rd place car of Corey? YOu know form previous reports when I passed those two for the lead. BUT! BUT! BUT! MOTEC tells me another lie and says I am only using 2.64L per lap! Nope! 3.5 is mor elike it! I have a 3 secong lead on Kyle and I have to nurse the car ot the finish for 3 laps by short shifting and coasting while managing the gap! I win by a scant.5 seconds with .31L of fuel.....................

R2 I load up the car with the correct fuel and start in 8th. I don't spin the tires and jump to 6th by T1 and nearly hit Corey! ooooof! I lose a bit of ground but manage to pass most thru off track excursions or speed by lap 4 and then there is Sam Mehler in First in a Vette too! He is running very competitive;y and I am hard pressed to gain at all! He eventually has a 'MOMENT" and I assume the lead. afetr a bit, I slow down to rejoin Sam so we can have some fun racing with 5 to go. Kyle creeps back in the fight and we have a ball the last 5 laps including me passing Kyle in the last 200 feet of lap 20! It's a drag race of sliding cars like an NHRA event! FUN FUN FUN! LOL

Thakns for joining up guys!

see you at a future event soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%