RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thanks to all - I had a great 1st proper RD event. Great racing, just what I have been looking for for ages.

Race 1: first time on this circuit with no set up other than the base and this turned out to be a bad asetup for my driving style. Qualy in 11th...4s off the pace at the front.

During the race I held position and climbed due to other people's accidents up to 7th, but once everyone had settled down I was eaten on every straight. It was as if I was standing still. Now I know setups can make a difference but darn, I couldn't be taht slow. So I puleld off line and unplugged my steering wheel, a gamble but proved enlightening. The throttle and brake were not responding as they should and I was only getting about 70% on each. With 100% motion restored I set off in pursuit of the pack and shaved a full 3s off my previous best...see what a difference throttel and brakes make??

Race 2: Wheel now working I qualyed 5th only 1.5 s off pace...phew, that is better. Got a flying start and kept 5th tucked behind the 4 fast guys up front - 2 Volvos that seemed to be so much faster on straights (no slur intended Volvo guys) and 2 Hondas. Had a few jabs at 4th, but ultimately they werre quicker so I settled into rythem and held 5th. Until Simon and Hutch caught me. My handling goes very understeery after about 7 laps (setup work needed I think) and I end up dropping about 1s per lap during the stint. Had a fab scrap with Si and Hutch, all of us trying win our personal battle. I held position for a while, but kept locking up on the turn in to tight corners. Herminator joined us in nwht I think must be one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen _ i almost went off in shock!! Time to pit. Awful pitstop (do you have to both fuel and change tyres??? I am not sure).

Came out well down and the group I was racing left me for dead. But I put in some lap times and clawed back up to 7th. But again after 7 laps on new tyres, understeer came back in and I fell into the clutches of 8th and 9th. Volvo man blew past me and headed off into the sunset....but I held my pace after adjusting my line for a few corners and pulled away from 8th.

Wonderful racing...now to work on my setup for race distance....any hints?? :)

Thanks to all.

Congratulations Peter - thanks for racing after all. Small field but as Mark says some great fights. Thanks everyone.

Michael nice of you to join us. We all understand how frustrating it is to mess up the pit stop. The rest of us were I think only stopping for tyres. A word of caution however. When it does go wrong please observe the no chat in qually and race restrictions. It was very distracting having your complaints in chat. I lost time and almost ran off the track.

Hi, sorry I didn't reply to this earlier. Please accept my apologies. I have re-read the rules and will not make the same mistake again. Was poor form.

Hope to see you on another server to race properly, in silence :)

I love racing on the popular tracks. I know most of them well enough and usually have a setup. I'm not fast, just prepared!

Q: last place.

R1: L1 at the chicane has Mini's all over the place and I can pick a line into the last turn. On the inside with the others arrayed axcross the track, I know I can pull off a pass on two drivers. Koray gets a tap from Corey and the cormner is miine without a fight. Eric gets past Corey at the exit of the turn and he's after me. On TS Eric asks if I have knocked Koray off, I haven't felt anything. Eric catches me and I tell him on TS to pass me, he was going to anyway! But, then I gave him no easy way and pushed hard till he was clear of me! At the end of L2 I slowed on the front straight, maybe I had bumped Koray off, I was going to wait for both drivers to pass but I saw that Corey was stuck out on the back straight and then to the garage so continued behind Koray. Slowly everyone pulled away and so it finished!

R2: A front row start in a Mini, this ought to be fun! I'm in T1, P2, amazing! L2, T1 I know Eric is inside and I leave him room only to hit the gravel, he's by me at T3. At the last turn I plow wide and Yves noses inside me and ahead. At the end of the straight I'm still only in 5th gear, into the turn and I dive past Yves on the inside[?!!!?] managing to stay on track, he must have missed a gear and slowed. Anyhow, I hook the curb at T5 and Yves gets another chance to outpace me to a turn and takes me for keeps. For the rest of the race, I chase Corey and Koray chases me. Koray closes and muffs the chicane then closes again towards the end of the race but I kept my head down and no more bad mistakes!

Great Races, good fun, thanks to all the racers, Eric and RD!

Servername: RaceDepartment.com #2
Class: US Muscle Cars (Race)
Track: Nordschleife
Weather: Dry
Practice: 30 minutes (20:00 GMT)
Qualification: 20 minutes
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 2 x 4 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Special note
You need Race On to enter this event and you can choose any car in the US Muscle club class

Entry list:
  1. Piotrek Blaszczak
  2. Martijn van Bommel
  3. Dario Jagar
  4. David Zafiu
  5. Andreas Löffler
  6. Gregory Degreef
  7. Martin Kraaijenbrink
  8. Michal Szabo
  9. Jim McGhee
  10. Rickard Javanainen
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Eric Nelson (maybe)
  23. Ries Notenboom (maybe)
  24. Filip Jagar (maybe)
  25. Ondrej Kapal (maybe)

Entry list:
  1. Pieter Theron
  2. David Zafiu
  3. Péter Bártfai
  4. Barry Morse
  5. Simon Gardner
  6. Mark Guy
  7. Ross Balfour
  8. Aaron Poulson
  9. Remco de Wildt
  10. Bjorn de Haas
  11. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  12. Michael van Scheppingen
  13. Robert Hutchins
  14. Kennett Ylitalo
  15. Andreas Skotner
  16. Tor Anders Berven
  17. Rickard Javanainen
  18. Ollie Chamberlain
  19. Richard Kay
  20. Bram Hengeveld
  21. Ben Shears
  22. Jari Aikio
  23. Bob Luneski
  24. Richard Trange (maybe)
  25. János Ócsai (maybe)

Michael,
sorry for using Hump at the time of my report as I'ld forgoten your full name, Humpherson.

Now to the couple of question you've asked. The pitstop stategy is down to you but you must change aleast 2 tyres. You can start light and re-fuel and change tyres, takes longer imo. I just changed tyres and started with full race fuel as I belive this is quicker after many a race loosing postions doing the former.

Setup, this is a tougher one, it's just down to how you like your car and plenty of practice. As we all know you can't have the perfect setup as everthing is a compromise but knowing whats going to happen later in your stint helps.

P.s. I'm glad you had a good first nights racing here at RD as this is how we do it all the time, tough but fair, as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 199 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%