RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Thx Yves for a truely awsome event.
first time with muscle cars and first time at pubela. qualied at back of field in race 1 but made a decent start and found myself in 9th after the first 2 corners. this didn't last for long though as i spun the car a few corners later getting on the gas to early and then had my front aero removed. recovered and got on with racing. had a nice battle with Freddie B once I caught upto him but was unable to make a pass as he made the car a wide as possible and with no front aero didn't want to do anything stupid.

race 2 started at back, due to finishing last in race 1, and again made a good start but had to back out a bit due to many cars bumping at T1 and didn't want to lose at parts I might need to race. I then went wide at T2 and found myself at back of field behind Freddie B again. So I thought I was going to have a nice little battle with FB this time but unfortunately it was cut short by a collision with someone, who spun and was trying to get back into race, sorry John for hitting you but had no where to go man.

thx for the race tonight guys really enjoyed my first outing with these beasts from across the pond. can't wait for the next event so I can get somemore experience in these power houses.

Well, I have now lost my Muscle Car virginity. Thanks for this event Yves, I really enjoyed it and can honestly say that I am rapidly getting converted to these brutes. They are sooooo different to drive, and far from easy to handle and keep fast. They take full concentration.

Huge thanks to Yves and a few others for their pre-race coaching and setup tips, it helped me a lot ( my GTL experience also came in handy :) ). Thanks also to Yves for letting me drive his Red Bull Camaro, he actually handed me the keys during practice. :smile-big:

Overall, my results were waaaaay beyond expectations, Q-P6, Race 1-P4, and Race 2-P3.

Race 1: After a very cautious start, I quickly dropped back to P12, and heavy traffic, but soon moved forward to P7 with some luck in the traffic and a couple of spins in front. I slotted in close behind Michael H, and managed to follow him for most of the race, learning as much as I could from him. :smile: Michael must have pushed his tyres harder though, and late in the race he started getting very loose and slidey. Lap 10, Dan spun and was soon followed by a wobble from Michael, Gary disappeared, giving me P4 at the finish.
Grats to Emilio for the win.

Race 2: Better start this time and held somewhere near my starting position. Poor Emilio was stuck behind me though and was finding it difficult to make a pass stick. This is not an easy track to pass, especially in these cars. Emilio and I had a few bumps but it was very strange. Emilio kept disappearing in my mirrors, and then I would feel the bump. May be partly my fault Emilio for not giving you enough room :embarrassed: . Late in the race, it became even more weird. I was on Dario's tail, and suddenly I could hear a car to my left down the main straight, but there was no car there. I braked early and gave lots of room, just in case, and suddenly, entering turn 1, Dario was hit by an invisible car and spun off (looking at my replay, it was Emilio, but in-game his car was invisible). One of those weird "lag" incidents I guess. :noidea:
This gave me P3, which I held to the finish.
Grats to Michael for the win.

Thanks to all who raced, very clean overall considering how tricky this track was for these "not easy" cars. I now look forward to more Muscle Car events. :clap2:

thanks to everybody that was present, was nice to be on track with you again Warren, Gary always fun to battle with you and Michael this time i didn't get discoed :honk:

sorry Gary for your discoed and i want to apologize to everyone that i tapped in race 2 :disapointed: hope to see you all next Sunday at ..... :fwd2:

• Michel Salvador

i think this thread it closely done but i was there in ts that friday ,i dint know RD ad rules about TS need real name i put my real name atm cause ppl dont know my sexy french accent voice yet.

But since minis events it the most popular since 1 year+ now why this drama in TS? they all know each other since 1 year ,it a big family they have there fun ,sure with funny names IMO dont affect me ,

@RYAN:) How hard can it be to just use your real name? :/
mister ryan i think it not to hard but you can ask the admin that kick us in TS was hard for him to put is real name to ;) see what i mean? dint even have the balls to come atleast in channel and ask us guys can you put your real name guys etc ,or at leats ask andrew since is semi-admin + the (man) of minis,but no f it let kick all woot.

@James Yates:If you've got such a big problem with how RD is run, why don't you go somewhere else and leave us in peace?
maybe if was 1-2 ppl ok but when it come to 20 ppl+ you think is stil ok?
so i guess 20+ppl are stupid and blame them and + 1 in admin, think twice.
after see this well yes i wil leave peacefully np .

all i know ADMIN FAIL big time in this situation as we did to .funny part is we add super moderator with us andrew evans Oo + is the man of mini and doing great job for making this happen stil dont get why this happen .admin communication =failed

EDIT :BTW why delete
ANDREW EVANS Appreciation Society group?

i think this thread it closely done but i was there in ts that friday ,i dint know RD ad rules about TS need real name i put my real name atm cause ppl dont know my sexy french accent voice yet.

But since minis events it the most popular since 1 year+ now why this drama in TS? they all know each other since 1 year ,it a big family they have there fun ,sure with funny names IMO dont affect me ,

@RYAN:) How hard can it be to just use your real name? :/
mister ryan i think it not to hard but you can ask the admin that kick us in TS was hard for him to put is real name to ;) see what i mean? dint even have the balls to come atleast in channel and ask us guys can you put your real name guys etc ,or at leats ask andrew since is semi-admin + the (man) of minis,but no f it let kick all woot.

@James Yates:If you've got such a big problem with how RD is run, why don't you go somewhere else and leave us in peace?
maybe if was 1-2 ppl ok but when it come to 20 ppl+ you think is stil ok?
so i guess 20+ppl are stupid and blame them and + 1 in admin, think twice.
after see this well yes i wil leave peacefully np .

all i know ADMIN FAIL big time in this situation as we did to .funny part is we add super moderator with us andrew evans Oo + is the man of mini and doing great job for making this happen stil dont get why this happen .admin communication =failed

EDIT :BTW why delete
ANDREW EVANS Appreciation Society group?

Not entirely true :)

If 20+ people think they can bend the rules as a group because they are still having fun together, it is not a good thing.
I have seen this in the past where such a close group seems too close looking from the outside, leaving no room for new simracers to participate in such group. Why? Because they will not be involved and cannot speak the same funny language the group is doing.
That's why we have rules to keep things more human and still be funny. Besides having realnames, you can still laugh and have fun on TS or in the ingame chat.
Its just plain simple, we don't want offensive names/phrases anywhere. Period.

If the way other admins/staff have communicated this to you all, then please accept my apologies and try at least to forgive.
I think we all have too much work and for sure more important things to do.

• Stirb Iuliu

I will definately join this.

I've missed last race, I had to help my family as my sis is moving out.
Sign me in. I will participate on Sunday.

Legal stuff:

If your a admin, you can't read this.
If you read this, (In referance to #1) you will be sodomized by a raging parrot, craving that cracker you so cruely keep just out of it's reach.
If you have a sence of humor, you can't read this.
If you have Admin CP open please, close it.
All views are not of my own.
I hold no responsibility for anything said here.
If your still reading this, your most likely one of the Mini Friday lot.
And if #7 is correct, I'm banned arn't I?

And so, lets begin shall we?

Many moons ago, I was racing at Oschlebersben in a Mini with Propper Job, he said "Wow Rob, your the best racer on the whole entire internet" I replied, with a soft, sexy (with a hint of violence) voice, cigar in hand and some tesco value shades on: "Yup".

Propper Job said I should go look at this racing department. I was abit like, "Yeah, meh. I bet the admins on there are nazis walking around with a long stick, beating anyone down who disrespects the racing department."

I was wrong, the admins were decent, laid back people. I was actually surprised at the lack of rules when I first read them. So, After many days of looking for an event to make my debut, I saw a thread that said "Friday (date here) MINI". Since reading those words I've met loads of decent people. I've cried, laughed and damn nearly died listening to TS on Friday nights.

Mini Friday has brought lots of people together from all over the world, we have gotten to know each other very well entirely through RD and Mini Friday. As the months went on the abuse started, this wasnt your everyday abuse. This was a bunch of mates having a laugh, ripping it out of eachother at their driving ability. (Mostly at the person, but thats a different thread alltogether and not the point im trying to get across)

We all started to gather on teamspeak for our meetings on friday nights, it's a whole new experience being able to talk to someone you've only seen type in pixels. So a few months of everyone talking away on TS they started having ago at me to get a mic so I did (A few months later)... It totally transformed the game. (Serious sim, sorry.)

And that concludes our history lesson for today children. Now onto more pressing matters:

TS: I think 98.93% of the people who have ever been on TS have not used their real names. (Apart from the few that have, but I'm not sure they are their real names tbh)

RD was the place to be for super serious sim racers all over the world, and we all enjoyed a clean and fair racing enviroment. But recently some people on this forum (who will remain annonymous, for now) who's soul intent was to destroy Mini Friday. For some reason they wanted to destroy what we had built, no one is quite sure why. But some motives have come to light with recent events.

Things started to go wrong when one day, not in the too distant past, when people started to get kicked from TS for not using their real internet racing names. Then the server would magically go "wrong" and it would needed to be rebooted. It looked like the track wouldnt handle more then 13 people, but events have run there in the past with more than 13 people (F3k event for instance).

So basically the person who shall not be named is Bram. He used to race in events all the time. Then for some reason he stopped to start his brutal reigeim to destroy Mini Friday. He would send PM's to anyone who thought of having fun, to anyone posting any material that endorsed fun. Again, no one knows why. Maybe he got sick and tired of Mini Friday? Maybe he wanted more serious racing like the MMG F1 Mod? (Is that MOD even legal btw???) Or maybe the real reason is people who make the games we play search this forum, looking for bugs and what not? But who really cares what someone else see's? I don't..

So long story short here kids.. I'll break it down for the people who have trouble reading well made posts:

• Mini Friday was fun.
  • TS on Friday's was fun.
  • I got abused all the time on TS but still went back, because it was fun.
  • Most people call me Thorpo or Thorpid. I don't go crying to admins, do I?
  • No one on TS uses their real name. (Apart from the fake ones :spy:)
  • Mini Friday was destroyed to stop people having serious fun.

So this here is a message to anyone wanting to start regular event:

DON'T HAVE FUN, OTHERWISE YOU'LL GET BANNED!

Goodnight, godbless and stay safe. I'm in your heart always, Thorpo.

Maybe its the way how this rules was expressed last Friday, maybe not.
Having now had time to look back on the events of last friday, I think that you do have a point here Ramon. A large part of the reaction that came about by the members affected was due to the fact that we were already extremely frustrated due to the server problems, which was then followed by a "tit for tat" escalation of the problems on TS. To a certain extent both sides are at fault here. The situation could have been dealt with in a much friendlier and less antagonistic way by both sides.

The whole episode has left quite a feeling of animosity on the forums (to which I have made my own contribution, and will be doing my best to put that right by some appropriate PM's) and is quite sad really.

Mike, as you were staff yourself until yesterday you know that the issues of non-behaviour have been addressed before, especially the teamspreak "fun" and the tagging system that is constantly abused leaving me with a lot of work every week to remove it manually.

funny part is we add super moderator with us andrew evans Oo + is the man of mini and doing great job for making this happen stil dont get why this happen .admin communication =failed

Without even knowing it yourself Michel you nail it on the head perfectly with this line! As supermoderator he is completely up to date of the rules here at RD. Many times this issue has been addressed to him, but for some reason he can't enforce those rules because it's more important to be very popular among a handful of 14 year olds in teamspeak.

If you run a community of this size we need a few rules and if even inside the little group of the people that are leading this forum someone goes his own way a problem is there.

@Rob, i indeed hate the MINI's so much i want it to be destroyed. If you know your history a little at least and browse back into the racing club forums you'll notice that i have started the mini enduro in the beginning, because people wanted longer races on weekends in the club. So no, i have nothing against the mini and nothing against fun on teamspeak as well. If you read my last post in this thread you can read exactly what the reason was.

Please do as Ramon said before: have fun or leave if you don't like it.

Just read through most of the posts up to this point, and I have to say it's sad to see the old Mini Friday fraternity in such chaos over a simple request.

I can also say, when looking to join the TS server in the past, I've noticed some of the people here have adopted TS names that, should I say, "pushed the envelope" a bit. Now I wasn't there last friday, but from what I've read some people need to know where to stop. It's bad enough to see a few select people taking the joking-abuse thing a bit too far, and having their posts insta-thanked by every other Mini Friday-er.

None of this needed to happen. I've spoken to many of the Mini Friday racers on TS, and they're a great bunch - TS is an absolute riot with people like Vaughany, Thorpo, Evans and Fergo in the house. To see that the fun and games has broken down into admin-flaming and punches being pulled left right and centre really saddens me. I can see where you racers are coming from with your spoilt-fun attitude, but Bram and Co. are right. By all means, continue to make your (albeit immature) jokes, by all means continue to take the mickey out of each other when racing; that's part of the Mini Friday spirit. But when it comes to TS names and the suitability of this forum for all ages, there's a certain line that you just don't cross.

That is all I have to say.

So this here is a message to anyone wanting to start regular event:

DON'T HAVE FUN, OTHERWISE YOU'LL GET BANNED!

Goodnight, godbless and stay safe. I'm in your heart always, Thorpo.

Still you lot don't understand what I am trying to say.
Please quote my words where I restrict to have fun!

All I, and previously other staff, are saying is stop the childish names on forum/ts/whatever. Basicly everything that is publicly visible.
I don't care what you say on TS, as long as others don't feel offended I really don't care.

Well I started racing in march or april i believe, And just like rob said there was a forum called mini friday. Well nice thing i was thinking, good nice small cars and easy to begin my RD career at. Then a while later on i found out there was a teamspeak channel to so i bought a mic and honoustly a new world opened for me.
So much fun an laughs together with imo great people like andrew david rob fergo just name them... all great lads. Mini friday was and is one of does days you look at the whole week long, its monday just 4 more days to go, its wedenesday 2 more days to go yes yes.

Well the last thing i wanna see is that this group of great people will dissapear on mini friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back