RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali = 6th

Race 1 = 13th

Was given the start on the curve T1 and got hit by Andrew Dawes(No problem, I accept his apology:good:), falls for 20th place. I finished in 13th place, not without big fights with Wally Masterson

Race 2 = 9th

Dropped to 13th in the first lap and got hit by Can Hedgwood, which left me to go back in front (thanks far play) falls for 17th place. I finished in 9th place. Big fights and race clean:beer:

Great Race. Until the next week:laugh2:​

Sorry Yves, I couldn't race. My internet problems continue.
I spent some time with William and Tim practicing earlier, and all looked ok while I was driving on my own. Then I tried to drive next to them and they were lagging hugely for me, but it was obviously a problem at my end. It was impossible to drive, I would have been a wrecker.

I have now contacted my ISP who have confirmed that I have a problem with download rates and I now await a technician to come check the lines and / or exchange for faults.

Looks like my racing retirement continues.

Well, this was a race of surprises for me!:D Beginning with the quali where I took 3rd, I didn't expect that! But I still had more than a second disadvantage from Keith and Yves!
Then the race started, and I was able to go about 0,5 second slower only then Keith and Yves, and watched their battle from not too far behind! They were in my sight until my pit stop. At the beginning I thought I'm the only one on pit stop and I'm in fight with Rafael and Chris. Then I saw Chris retire. And after I came into the pits (2 laps earlier, cause I feared of fuel), in the next lap Rafael also came in, and that was the 1st surprise. After that I still thought: "well, surprising result is this 3rd for me, but this is the most boring race I had cause I had absolutely no action":D Well I though it very bad! Keith and Yves also came in the pits, but they didn't changed tires while I did! After that I was 17 seconds off the lead. Then I saw Keith made a mistake, and he came into my sight! Then I was getting closer on him, and finally he made another mistake, and after that I was in a battle with him for 2nd. Then Yves came into pits again because of fuel, and.. oh man that was an adrenaline rush! I realized suddenly that I'm in fight for win! Didn't know how many laps left though. So it was a great fight at the end, and the most exciting finish I had! (along with the one with Marty at Monza)
At Monza I came behind Marty by 0,269 seconds, this time I came behind Keith by 0,370!
Now that's racing! Great race everybody!

Thanks a lot!

first thing i have to mention is that it was my third race of the day :laugh2:

qualif: after seeing keith times during the qualy i didn't think i had the chance to get the pole, so i watch his qualy lap and he made a mistake and i though that it was my chance to beat him, i went out and did my lap but did a mistake too and got second place .200 something from keith.

race: i though i was gonna cruise behind keith and watch him fly away but it wasn't the case, i was able to stay with him and even gain on him. a few laps in the race he made a mistake and i was able to go pass by him and that when the real battle begun. he was glued to my rear bumper trying to pass me at almost every corners, we were both pushing the car to the limit, his strong side was his braking and mine was my exit of the corners, both well matched, he tapped me a couple of times but always fair by letting me retake my place, well done man :good:. he made a little mistake and let me get a little gap of a few second which gives me time to rest a little bit by pushing less hard but it was for a brief moment and he got back right at me after a few laps. i then made a mistake and he retook the lead then it was my turn to push him trying to pass him, we both pitted at the same time i took fuel and tires while keith just took fuel, i got out with a gap of 7 sec or so to fill which took me a few laps to do. i repassed him and this time i though i had it for good since i was able to pull away by 7 sec or so but with 5 minutes to go i had to pit again cause i didn,t put enuff fuel so keith and péter got pass me and i finished third place.

overall it was a very clean, fair and exciting race and to be honest it was my first real fight for the lead. thanks keith for all the fun :good::handshake:

Quali: Made a few mistakes and ran an ok time which I was sure Yves would beat, but fortunately he made a mistake in the same section as me and I was able to maintain pole with a .020 margin :)

Race: Wow is the only way to describe what went on.

Start was good due to 4wd got away clean and held off Yves lap one. Entered T1 and I got loose which allowed Yves by Putting me into the chase. The next few laps were bumper to bumper and there was some unbelievably close racing.

On lap 4 near the end I went too deep into the last s bend before the pit straight and locked up hitting Yves. (sorry) I waited for him and let him retake the lead to continue this epic battle.

On lap 6 i believe heading into the fast S bend Yves had dropped a wheel heading onto that straight, which gave me a huge run on him + the draft. I put my nose up beside him attempting to pass and im not sure he saw me. But I realize now that I shouldnt have tried to pass there in the first place. We made slight contact and both went through the sand trap and carried on in the same positions.

Lap 8 exiting T1 I get a good run heading into T2. As Yves sets up wide for the entry I use the wide surface and place my car carefully inside and stick the pass.

Lap 9 I went wide and this gave Yves the lead back.

Lap 10 Through the right left right combo I gave Yves a well planned light tap to just move him off line and give me some room to pass. Worked like a charm :) However the very next corner I dropped a wheel under braking and spun. With a really quick recovery I got back on only 4 secs behind Yves and on a mission to catch.

After about 5 laps I caught up to Yves, and he then went wide and spun entering T2 and this gave me the lead.

Uneventful running with about 2-3 secs between us before pitstops, around lap 22-23ish I saw Yves spin behind me which made me think perfect time for a pit stop. I took only fuel and no tires (BIG MISTAKE) but being in pit box one there was a small glitch when exiting which left me stopped for 5 secs.

This gave me the lead of about 10 seconds and I noticed Yves was closing big time. I then realized i knew he took tires and was going to be caught.

After like 5 laps I spun and gave the lead to a now flying Yves who I figured had it locked. I then realized that Peter, who was the steady no spinning guy who was now sneaking up on me for 2nd.

With 3 laps to go Peter is now right on my bumper and pushing. We come around to the 2 lap to go marker and notice Yves in the pits which makes our race for the win. Me now with 40% of less in all my tires and barely on the track im fighting harder then ever. I maintain focus and managed to hold him off for a very hard fought victory.

I want to say well done to both Peter and Yves, this was one of my funnest races ever. Peter did an incredible job being there at the end and finishing our 1 hour race only .3 apart.

Thanks Yves and RD for hosting.

Pics/Video to follow.

Attachments

• rubbingpanam.jpg
    rubbingpanam.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 154
USA time zone event
796853USA_event.jpg

Servername: racedepartment US
Password: click here

Class: WTCC 07
Track: Valencia Street click here
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
Qualification: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 3:00 GMT)
Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 3:30 GMT)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps​

Notes:

due to numerous pillup at T1 on lap1 in all racing club event i will ask everybody to be more cautious at T1. i will also remind you all the code of conduct of RD about contact.​

1. all contact must be avoided, if it happen the driver that have hit or you think it was your fault and caused the other to spin or to go off track must slow down safely and let the other driver regain his place. if it involve you loosing a few places by doing so consider that as your penality.​

2. when hitting someone an apology is in place, either by saying sorry by the way of quick chat or after the race in the chat.​

3. in chat RD will not tolerate not respecting a fellow driver and will kick the offended driver and might even get ban from the racing club.​

those rules are there so everybody can enjoy their racing experience in a clean, fair and friendly environment.​

happy racing Yves ( racing club staff )​

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car:
Special remarks:

Entrylist:
  1. Marty Pierce - Seat
  2. Péter Bártfai - Chevrolet Lacetti
  3. Matt Alpeter - Seat
  4. Eric Kaczmarek - Seat
  5. Marcel vd Aa - Seat
  6. Chris Buchanan - Chevrolet Lacetti
  7. Mitchell Phillipi - Honda Accord
  8. Corey Theman - Alfa Romeo
  9. Ian Landry - Seat
  10. Yves Larose - BMW
  11. Gaynall Hudgins - Honda Accord
  12. William Yunck - Chevrolet Lacetti
  13. Keith Barrick - Chevrolet Lacetti
  14. Driver - Car
  15. Driver - Car
  16. Driver - Car
  17. Driver - Car
  18. Driver - Car
  19. Driver - Car
  20. Driver - Car
  21. Driver - Car
  22. Driver - Car
  23. Driver - Car
  24. Driver - Car
  25. Driver - Car

Reserves:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Tuesday night WTCC Skinpack (only link your skin if it doesn't appear in this pack)

• Matt Alpeter

i'm in!

Name on RD forum: Matt Alpeter
Name in game: Matt Alpeter
Your Country: USA
Car: Seat
Special remarks: usual skin in the pack

**new skin for next week!!

Sorry but i have to pull out it looks like there will be no racing for me this week :(

Car due for an MOT at the weekend and it needs brakes all round and got to replace handbrake cable so that is going to take up pretty much every evening this week as i fumble in the dark with a torch to try and get the stuff done in time :pissed-off:

Name on RD forum: Eric Kaczmarek
Name in game: Eric Kaczmarek
Your Country: USA
Car: Seat

Remarks: I will send Yves the updated skin pack (I got yours Matt already)
PM with your skin if it wasn't already included last week.

• Andrew Evans

mininight.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT MINI
Password: Click here

Class: Mini Cooper S
Track: Vairano
Weather: Dry​

Practice: 20:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualification: 21:00 GMT (30 mins)
Warmup: 21:30 GMT (10 mins)
Race: 21:40 GMT (1 hour 20 mins)​

Notes

This is an endurance event, so please do not sign-up unless you can commit to the entire session.​

Reserve drivers will go into a pool and will be elligble to enter the server during the last 15 minutes of qualifying. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. A post will be made in this thread to indicate when they can jump in.​

• Andrew Evans

DRIVERS
  1. Andrew Evans
  2. Lee Downham
  3. Michael Herrmann
  4. Paulo Ribeiro
  5. Yves Larose
  6. Steven Palmer
  7. Sam J Simpson
  8. Daniel Plaikner
  9. Ben Tusting
  10. Matt Crouch [skin]
  11. Eric Kaczmarek
  12. Bob Miley [skin]
  13. Truls Flatland [skin]
  14. Richard Bunschoten
  15. Laurance Lemon
  16. David Buxton
  17. David Lemon
  18. Kieran Mcgeachy
  19. Carlos Moutinho
  20. Grant Powell
  21. Dietmar Auferkorte
  22. Chris Noble
  23. Manuel Garcia
  24. Gary Lennon
  25. Ryan Callan
  26. Christian Deparis
  27. Mitja Bonca
  28. Victor Shaw
  29. Daniel Landouar
  30. Simon Bacon
RESERVES
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
Ultimate Mini Skinpack (only link your skin if it doesn't appear in this pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%