RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

That sucks Tim.

I hate to ask again, but why not make the Sunday event earlier in the day (like 3pm EST). We might even be able to attract some of our Euro friends?

Eric the fisrt ever USA time zone event i did was a sunday afternoon, true it help having a full grid when the euro member can join but the comments from people of our time zone was " i can't make because of family, religion and other reasons " so i think evening is better. thanks for your comment tho :)

I am a euro friend and i haven't missed one sofar :hug:
But it would be nice to see more people here yes....

Marcel i agree with you that it would be great to have more people, i'm working hard on that in and out side of RD to get more people from the north and south america to join RD, hopefully one day my effort will pay up. :yo:

R1: Was a victim of Karoly's problems on lap1 and got turned around but then had fun working my way back thru the field, had a great dice with Micheal H for quite a few laps and ended up 7th.
R2: Started in 2nd, and was pretty nervous with all these fast guys behind me but surprisingly they werent much faster.I really seem to have a grip on these 87 cars. At one stage I was 2nd and Warren was 3rd and I was beginning to think it was going to be a win for the "baby-boomers" Alas the younger guys worked there way thru, but to finish 3rd in that company, and even catch Karoly up near the end as his tyres went of, and then hold Ben off for the last few laps was a real buzz for me.Thanks to Warren for his Istanbul setup too,really suites my driving style.
Bring on more 87 events I say.:Banane43:

• Morgan Sowerby

Thanks for the great race everyone! Sorry to anyone caught up in the first turn on the first lap. I thought I could take Marcel on the inside when I got a good start, but there wasn't quite enough room. :nono: Got some suspension damage and had to do an extra pitstop.

Had some good laps trying to fend off a couple of attackers. They got me when I went wide a few times. It sure is tough keeping a steady rythym for an hour race.

See you guys next time!

Woohoo, my first online victory. :peace:
Boy this feels good.

Qualy went extremely good, was able to snatch pole from Morgan.
Race was fantastic, had a bit of a slow start but was still first at the 1st corner. But i breaked a bit earlier than the people behind me, got a little lovetap which caused me to drift around the 1st corner.
But managed to come out on top.
After that it was basicly me driving on my own.
Car was like a dream, pitstop strategy was bang on.
I guess sometimes it all does come together....:woot:

Thnx to Yves and RD
See you next time.

I am really happy with second in my old Toledo Cupra. What fun, and Marcel drove exceptional.

I surpised myself in Qualifying increasing my old PB by one second for 3rd.

Race went very well for me, I had to break to avoid some turn one problems and then for the first six laps Morgan, Rafael, and I had some close and fun racing. I finally managed to sneak by Morgan after taking 3 turns side by side and then drove my race from there. The one pit stop decision was risky as my tires were gone after 12 laps but it paid off. I had a lot of fun. Sorry Morgan for the tiny bump in the second half, I was hoping you saw me on the inside, but I am glad it didn't send you off the track.
Cheers guys - see you next time.l:wave:

My first attempt at an enduro race in EVO, and I have a bit to learn about strategy. Looks like almost everybody had only 1 pitstop, but I had 2. I don't know whether it was my driving, the setup, or maybe the Peugeot is a tyre eater, but I don't think I could have stretched the tyres into only one stop.
I need some tips guys.

I didn't worry too much about Qualy, the Pug didn't have the speed and I didn't think it would be too important where we all started.

Race: I am always amazed at the turn 1 dramas. In a one hour race, we still had a melee at turn 1 lap1. Cars were going off everywhere, so I just avoided the mess and slipped into P2 behind Marcel. He was pulling away steadily, as I would have expected in the Seat, but I was surprised to be steadily opening the gap to third behind me. It then became pretty lonely. After my first pitstop, I dropped to almost last but moved back to P2 after about 20 laps. I knew then I was in trouble, needing a second pitstop and guessing the others didn't. Sure enough, after the second pitstop, I was back tp P6 but later passed Yves who was sending sparks everywhere. Finally finished P5.

Grats to Marcel, he was faster and kept his tyres in check.

The longer race was fun, but a bit lonely with a small field.
Now, how did you all manage to get tyres to last for 18 or more laps? :noidea:

Hi Warren, about tyre wear:

I usualy change my setup to have less camber and toe-in.
You could also increase tyre pressure a little (not too much though).
But i think mostly it comes down to how you drive.
In tonights race i was constantly breaking a little earlier than i normally would just to ease the car more.

Don't know if there is a preferred way to do this but this works for me.

Had a rough night tonight. I just barely made it in, and had never seen the track before the practice. Thanks to Marcel for the help with setup!:thumb: The nice thing about never seeing the track before is that whatever lap time I run is a PB.:D

I did better than I expected in qualy with a 1:38.7xx, but that left me 8/9. I got my usual bad start, and headed down to turn 1. There was a major mess there, and I carefully threaded my way through. Just as I thought I was safe, I got punted entering turn 2, and got the dreaded "You have suspension damage" message.:censored: The other driver let me by, and we started running together, but my handling was really bad, so after a bit I pulled over to let him by.

I figured that if I pitted right away I would have to make multiple stops, so I decided to try to last to at least lap 10. I managed to stay on the road, and I ran alone at the back for 10 laps, and then headed in to the pits to fix the damage. I got fuel and tires and fixed the damage, but I also got lapped by the field while I was in the pits (I had been losing a lot of time running with the damaged suspension). I pulled out, and got a stop'n'go because I had apparently entered the pits too fast.:censored::censored: After serving that, I was all alone, and one and a half laps down.

I actually ran some pretty decent laps then, in the 1:39-1:40 range, but after 18 more laps, I got the "Your tires are worn" message. As if I hadn't noticed! So, I made my third visit to the pits, and got new tires and a bit of fuel. Shortly after I came out, Marcel put me two laps down, and for the rest of the race, I was chasing him. I could keep him in sight, but not close the gap. I finished two laps down about 300 meters behind Marcel in 8th place (of 8). A rough night.

Congratulations to Marcel!:D Having had my own first online victory two weeks ago in the USA Sunday Enduro, and the second last week, I really know what you mean about the wonderful feeling.:thumb: I never thought that I would be able to win a race here, so it felt great to actually do it. Congratulations to the podium finishers. One good thing about this race was that we had 8/9 finish. The prior races had more attrition. Thanks Yves for setting this up, and I look forward to running with you guys in the future.

USA time zone event

usaeventph3.jpg

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the WTCC 07 cars and will use the Roadone Int track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Tuesday October 21th 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Car: WTCC 07
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Roadone Int click here to download from RD
Password: click here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 9:30 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 1:30 GMT)
Qualifying: 10:00 pm EST, 30 mins (Wednesday 2:00 GMT)
Race: 10:30 pm EST (Wednesday 2:30 GMT)
Laps: 2 by 10 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Yves Larose - BMW E90
2. Marcel vd Aa - Seat Leon ***
3. Dallas Willms - Seat Leon [skin]
4. Corey Theman - Alfa Romeo
5. Ryan Callan - Vauxhall Vectra [skin] ***
6. Timothy Miller - Seat Leon
7. Gaynall Hudgins - Honda
8. Steve Emmons - BMW E90
9. William Yunck - Honda
10. Warren Dawes - Alfa
11. Keith Barrick - Chevy
12. Michael Herrmann - Honda
13. Chris Buchanan - Chevy
14. Chad Hermann - Chevy
15. Hansi Josefsson - Chevy

Reserve

1. Sam J Simpson - Chevy

Race 1: I believe it was me who hit Wally so i waited to let him re pass but there seemed to be a bit of confusion sorry about that, but that mistake put me second to last so just circulated for the rest of the race and finished just behind Ian in the first race to low down to remember.

Race 2: Another race and another mistake grrrr sorry to Andrew on this one and it was on the same corner as i did to Wally, it seems the BMW taking a different line through here caused me problems in the Alfa, i waited for Andrew to rejoin but he left the race ?

It was good chasing down Ian in the last couple of laps, the reason i asked about hitting you was because when i came out of the final corner my youngest son trode on the keyboard minimising the game so i could not see where i was going just tried to keep the wheel straight and hope for the best.

The 87 cars are fun but this is a race to forget for me, terrible results and hitting other cars it not something i usually do and apologise for my errors, hope you can forgive me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 171 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%