• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

WTCC 07 @ Macau - Sunday 26 October 2008

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Cam Wedgwood, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    in the end it was his warping that springboned the end of my race...

2. Nigel Roberts

Nigel Roberts

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Warren you have confirmed my fears that I was indeed about 9seconds slower that you guys up front, I am still doing 2:38's with your setup. In these cars being so even, I can where being 4 or even 5 seconds slower than the fast guys but 8 or 9 is hard to stomach. I now need to spend a few hours and D/L some time trials and work out where I am going wrong any advise is most welcome,this is really annoying me.

Not too concerned about my performance Sunday night as warping and general unavoidable incidents killed my night, but when I do put fast laps together that I think are on the money to find I am 9seconds off the pace.....Nooooooooo!!!!!!

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
    I really didn't think there were any secrets in the setup, there never is.
    Macau is a unique track and takes heaps of practice and technique to master. I'm no master, but I have learned to get reasonably good results there.
    I'll PM you tomorrow with some tips.

4. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +30
    As Warren stated, Macau is not the best track to gauge your driving performance in WTCC cars.....

If as I found Warrens setups don't suit your driving or give you any gains, have a look at Ramon van Rijn setups. I like Warrens, but am much faster with slightly modified Ramon setups for most tracks...

Try making a base setup for one car (I'd have to recommend a FWD to start with) on 4 different track styles. Eg. Brands Hatch, Anders, Pau, and Brno this will give you the 4 main variations of track surface/style/etc. Once you have these base setups, just modify the one you think is closest to the new track...

Hope that helps...

5. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,869
    Petros and I have discussed his lagging, and basically it looks like it comes down to his current satelite connection, these are notoriously unstable. He lives in country Victoria and cable DSL is not available to him yet, but comimg soon.
    Sadly, he has decided to withdraw from racing with us until he gets DSL (hopefully in a few months if Telstra get their act together), and will eagerly rejoin us then.
    Shame really, but best for everyone for now. He seems a really good guy too.

6. Ian Beech

Ian Beech

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to see that Petros pulling out for now as i for one did not want to see this happen :( So let's hope we see you very soon Petros when your connection is up and running. Also like to thank Warren for talking to Petros and finding out what was happing in sunday's race.

7. Nigel Roberts

Nigel Roberts

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips Günthar and Warren true to his word sent me a very well worded explaination on how to drive around Macua and explained what I was doing wrong and where on the track the critical parts are to maximise your laptimes. Awesome mate and really appreciate it. I am already 4 seconds faster about 2:34's and 35's (not consistantly but working on it) and think I could get another second or 2 with more practice. But I think to get in the 2:30's or lower would be white knuckle, bulging eyes, high anxiety and heart rate stuff for sure, how these guys race here for real or Pau for that matter has got me stuffed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.