RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry for that i wasn't on server. My STCC showing me some mindump problems. I reinstalled thing but again the same problem i have to work it out to get this thing working.

Seems that i miss very thrilling races as ever in WTCC cars.

Watching screen's i think some of the people have to think about that what are they doing on the track, This is just crashing. I'm always trying to not get my nose into bumpr of car which is going in front of me. But there you are, Shame Sandis u didn't even say sorry during race. I will piss off too

On the Other V8 Mod for rFactor,....

Mmmm and I heard a story, the "other" V8 Supercar mod for rFactor could have been and actually was so much better than the current released version... That is to say that I heard that one of the later beta patches during development, before going public was infinitely better than the version they released.

They the modders I believe? didnt listen to some of the beta testers comments I hear....

I dont know how true this is, But where there is smoke there is usually fire most times...

Made the last minute decision of changing to a Volvo c30 as the car brought me good memories of my childhood potty, but with wheels :D

I know Volvo is original from Sweden (owned by Ford) and Simbin is a Swedish company and we can guess who does what, but do any of you own a C30?

I know the race car has a chassis rigidity and suspension that has nothing to do with road going cars, but I was surprised by the agility of the thing and the fun I had turning, the car put up with everything I thru at it.

Now the race…

Qualifying
Went ok, did a very low 47 (not the high 46 I thought I could do) wish gave me the 4th spot on the grid.

1st race
Did a reasonable start but with a slight touch on the fist corner dropped to 6th.

On turn 3, Amir Margalit (Seat) dives in and hit me on the inside, dropped to 7th (a bump pass).

Still early on but later Amir and Sandis Roginskis (BMW) tangled together in the “Parabolic” and I climbed to 5th.

On lap 8th I was caught by Jesper (Volvo C30) we had a nice fight and on the lap 9 he overtook me. ½ a lap latter he overcooked it going into the turn after the interior “parabolic”, so I went back to 5th.

On that same lap (9) Vedran (4th at the time in a Seat) beguine to lose pace so I started to close on him.

In the last lap overtook him in the “new” chicane and climbed to 4th where I finished the 1st race.

The 3 in front were miles away (a RWD in 2nd), Jesper finished 5th as Vedran was out of fuel (C30 3rd, 4th & 5th).

2nd race
With the grid inversion started 5th, this time kept my position but on 2nd lap made an error on the 4th corner (went wide) and as a result dropped to 7th.

On lap 4 James (BMW) and Jesper (Volvo) tangled on the chicane exit and I climbed to 5th.

At the end of lap 6 beginning of 7th I was observing Paulo Ribeiro (Audi 4th) and Vedran (Seat 3rd) fighting it out along the start/finish line. It seemed to me that the fight was a bit too hot to my taste (one is only allowed to do 1 direction change per straight not 2 much less 3). At the end of the straight they both went deep and into the kitty litter, climbed again, now to 3rd.

By lap 9 I was coming close to Jamie (Seat in 2nd) and we fought it out until the last lap when I made a mistake going into turn 3 and from there couldn’t pressure him as much as I would have liked ;)

Finished 3rd, (C30 1st and 3rd).

Overall finished 3rd, congratulations to David for the win and Simon for the 2nd overall. Thanks to RD for the server and Simon for event organization. Thanks everyone that took part, especially those who finished the event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A small note regarding the weather...
This thing of changeable weather is a joke… there is no change (or any randomness), there were 2 kinds of people on that track, those who knew in advance the race would be in hot temperature, and those who didn’t.

For instances, my front left tire on the 1st race climbed all the way up to 125°C, and I more or less was expecting it as I went in the server in the morning for a few minutes… for the 2nd race I could do a few changes (not perfect but better), I can only imagine those who setup the cars for 20°C air temperature but on limit (camber, suspension and such) and then raced on 32°C with the same setup, what?! 130°C tire temperature ?!

Sugetions...

• Pre set the weather, and everyone knows in advance (ie. wet practice, dump qualify, dump cold race or whatever).
  • Server reset before the official practice start (this way it will be random for everyone) but a warning, we might end up with hot & dry training sessions followed by cold and rainy race.
  • Always race in "ideal" conditions... (in my opinion it is dull).
  • Have someone (not racing) to change the weather at the server (don't know if this is possible, it was in GTR2).

Quali: 4th
Race1: Started well, turned in second into T1, went wide to leave room but somebody still hit me. Went off the track and spun, came back behind Bob! After that I had to fight my way up, once we collided with Sam, but no problem I could keep it straight, cut a little grass but came back to track very soon! When last lap started my engine started skipping... no fuel. Stopped next to the track not to cause trouble with my slow car, before all of the fuel went out.
Race2: My fuel trouble had one advantage, pole for me on second race! Started well, turned in carefully in T1, after that the only thing I wanted was to pull from others! Michel (Hunter) was coming close, but he left, not sure why. In lap 2 I ran my pb, 1:40.156, which was 0,25s better than my quali time! When I saw that I thought "What?!?!":D As we reached lap 5 had 6 seconds lead ahead Yves, so I didn't really worry about that my tires started to go! Yves came a bit closer lap by lap, in one lap he was even 0,5s faster than me, but at the end of the race the gap started to increase again. I finished 1st with 5 seconds lead, this was my 9th victory, 1 more and I'll have 10! Well, looking forward to the Camaro race tonight;)

Finished 4th overall behind Michel (Usal), Yves and Gaynall, congratulations to all of them!:)

Thanks everyone for the races! It was fun!

Eventough we weren't many drivers on track, what fun it was. Pole for the 1st race that went, how can I say: those curves felt like dancing and I was putting a gap lap after lap. Last 2 laps, I had to manage fuel a bit. So on to 2nd race. Did a good start from the back of the grid, showed up 2nd at first corner and made contact with someone, I wasn't sure if my "conduct" was ok so I slowed down, I think that made Yves hit me, sorry for that. After that 2nd contact, I lifted a bit more, so that made me 5th I think. Finishing 3rd was the best I could hope having Yves in front with a steady pace, just loosing a bit of ground the last 2 laps. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%