RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Nick Fine

I'm going to make this post now seperately of my main post for the benefit of Nick

Apologies for hitting you off the track, but I've never seen anyone brake that early for that corner. I slowed as quickly as I could as soon as I could see you were braking there but there was nothing I could do to avoid running into you. I know the driver in front can never brake too early, and maybe I could have anticipated it better, but what's done is done and I hope you don't think that I would deliberately do anything like that.

I was on a perfectly normal line round coming into that corner, but after the race nuno said I was invisible to him - maybe you had the same issue?

edit: Just to add that looking at the replay, if I had continued on to my normal braking point at full speed I would have hit you before even reaching the point I would say most people start braking.

No worries man...I was just really wound up by it at the time. I spent a lot of yesterday and today learning the car and track (and still only managing a 1.35 best) for my first race, and to go out like that was gutting...

I totally saw you coming up behind in my mirror, and I know I braked early (a) it was carnage out there and (b) my game plan was to stay on the track. What surprised me was that it was at the end of a massive pit lane straight....how can you shunt someone with that amount of visibility/open road? Ergo you were too close because my early braking should only be an opporunity for you to pass, not to shunt if you were correctly placed on the track imho.

Onwards and upwards...it just seems that the last few times I've come back to a multiplayer online racing game I've been taken out in the first race and it's just a windup of a pattern. Just once I want a clean-ish race...bit of bumping and grinding is okay but just not high speed game overs...

When I'm in that position with a track Nick I find it best not to brake earlier but to get off the gass earlier and brake at the normal point but from a reduced speed. This way your initaly speed loss is slower allowing the car behind time to react as well as giving you a nice safe and easy breaking since theres no need to slam them on anymore.

Its the thing that kept me alive most of the time on pubs back in the days when I was way down the field.

1st race i had a good start, but someone got wide and i hit the wall.

Yeah --- you "got wide" mate, and took me out in the process :lol:
This meant I dropped nearly to last place twice in first lap of race 1 :doh:
No worries .. you waited and all that so thanks on that score. :)

Had a fairly great start, so good in fact I had to throttle back to avoid hitting Bob and whoever it was in front of me, but as I went to brake for T1, I was a little wide (being cautious not to hit Bob being on my inside), and instead of slowing, I just skittered across the marbles and straight on into the dirt :doh:

Basically after the two lap1 incidents, I then narrowly missed a bunch of people having a bunch of carnage, and caught Chris Vick, who had a moment in the hairpin so I snuck under him then headed home in 12th ... had another interesting few moments as I came to lap Jeroen again on final lap - it always seemed to be you causing me concern tonight mate (see race 2 report too) :p

Race 2 - 11th off grid from my race one finish. Got a proper stonkin start and gained a couple of places off the line. Followed the leaders till the mess at the hairpin, nearly hauled it up without incident but was whacked from behind and spun 180º.

Did another "James Bond getaway manoeuvre" (slam it into reverse, floor it, spin 180º, grab first whilst spinning and hoof it off into the distance to "get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the entire planet" - cue PWEI :wink2:).

In actual fact Jeroen was there with me again, snapping at my heels.
I was happy to let him thru whilst I was sorted my head out from all the chaos, then I got my foot down again, he made a mistake, I passed him, then again at T1 he was pushing deep into the corner and ran himself off into the dirt.

From there I had Gary on my case for a lap or so (for a little while I thought Jeroen had returned with a Nitro canister :laugh2:), fought a little trying to hold off Gary, but again I messed final turn up, he got the run, was under me at T1, I conceded graciously, and Gary was away.

Kept him in sight for a bit, got 6th passing Pascal whilst he seemed to be having a moment inspecting armcor up close.
We then continued for a few laps to have a lovely close scrap, great racing dude, and in the end he got me good and proper at end of straight just like Gary had done when I messed up my final turn again, so again was too slow onto there
(BTW: sorry about the S/F straight meandering the previous lap Pascal, really truly was unintentional :doh:)

So ... a night of "interesting" racing was had by all, myself included.

Gary ... great cars and track choice, not for the faint hearted and I think it was to be expected that some incidents would happen. Gratz to the podium boys too :good:

The Viper reminds me of the big cats to drive, just with more bodywork :D

Much fun was had ... and just a bit of disappointment, but great racing ideas and big thanks for your efforts in organising it Gary ... and of course to RD for hosting it :thumb:

EDIT: Sorry ... this post is too long, I know :ban:

• Matt Crouch

I totally saw you coming up behind in my mirror, and I know I braked early (a) it was carnage out there and (b) my game plan was to stay on the track. What surprised me was that it was at the end of a massive pit lane straight....how can you shunt someone with that amount of visibility/open road? Ergo you were too close because my early braking should only be an opporunity for you to pass, not to shunt if you were correctly placed on the track imho.

I hate to quote it for the second time today but I think it's a good guide, so from the driving guidelines

Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you.

imo, if we couldn't drive "close" to somebody then races would be pretty boring and we might as well just run round doing formation laps. I was only just at the kind of distance for slipstreaming and if I had any idea you would be braking there I would have moved over to go past, but your braking was at pretty much exactly the same time (not position) as the person approx 2 seconds in front of you... Some fault has to go for me for not picking up on it and going around, but I think we can just put it down to a racing incident and we'll all be alive tomorrow :grouphug: :) I don't want to drag this out needlessly as it's just one race of many incident free races to (potentially) come - even though you currently have 100% DNFs this will almost certainly become insignificant if you stick it out

167078Camaro_Flyer_new.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Camaro cup
Track: Alastaro_Circuit_v1_0_by_Keni1_9900026_for_Race_07
Weather: Dry
Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 20:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race: 21:00 GMT (2x12 laps)
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
You need STCC the game expension to enter that event.

Qual: 1st - Finish: 2nd

Sams setup made pole happen for me,and it was also a very good race set,a good launch off the line so nice and clear and clean round the first few turns,my chaser got an ok run down to that now infamous tight left,but when i last checked before braking zone he wasnt close enough to try a pass so i thought no more of it,until i was knocked off track just as i turned in to take the corner,...dropped well back down the order and then enjoyed some ace racing.
Race 2 from 7th and although my start was slightly better than those ahead,i decided not to force anything at the first couple of turns and held station,approaching "that" tight left i saw some trouble going on ahead and was pleased with myself i managed to check up in time and was about to drive past the static cars round the outside nice and calm-like....then Thump,..hit up the rear and sent off track...(unbelievable),dropped down the order some but again had some more really nice close battles to the end.
All those drivers who managed to hit other cars in some of those more ridiculous incidents........"your being watched".
Thanks to those i enjoyed some of those nice battles with and also good to see a nice grid size on a Monday night.
Thanks RD for making it possible :good:.

• Nick Fine

imo, if we couldn't drive "close" to somebody then races would be pretty boring and we might as well just run round doing formation laps. I was only just at the kind of distance for slipstreaming and if I had any idea you would be braking there I would have moved over to go past, but your braking was at pretty much exactly the same time (not position) as the person approx 2 seconds in front of you...
[/COLOR]

Yes, but conversely there's also a safe distance and appropriate times to slipstream....I just think you got it wrong that time because unless you were going to try to take me on the inside line, there's no value in the slipstream there - you're going to be braking and downshifting anyway so surely you'd want the additional drag to slow you down. And if you were going to take me you definitely should have made an earlier move :)

It's really no biggie....I'm so much calmer and more chilled now, and almost forgotten about. If you really want a long hard laugh, take a look at my race 1....it's so sad it's funny...

Seeya on the tarmac :)

N

Yeah --- you "got wide" mate, and took me out in the process :lol:
This meant I dropped nearly to last place twice in first lap of race 1 :doh:
No worries .. you waited and all that so thanks on that score. :)
You are right Lee, I got wide. But that was because i had a better start than the person in front of me. He went to the inside and i just lifted the throttle and did not want to brake for up coming traffic. It didn't work out.
Sorry for taking you with me on that.

had another interesting few moments as I came to lap Jeroen again on final lap - it always seemed to be you causing me concern tonight mate (see race 2 report too) :p
Like i said in my post, i was a bit annoyed from the blue flags and if you were closer i would have let you pass:handshake:

In actual fact Jeroen was there with me again, snapping at my heels.
I was happy to let him thru whilst I was sorted my head out from all the chaos, then I got my foot down again, he made a mistake, I passed him, then again at T1 he was pushing deep into the corner and ran himself off into the dirt.
The problem for me was that i was to close to you. I lifted my throttle just to have some room to brake and not steal your rear bumper. There by i didn't see the turn and locked my wheels up.

From there I had Gary on my case for a lap or so (for a little while I thought Jeroen had returned with a Nitro canister :laugh2:),
I ain't that fast:rotfl:. Had some fun battling with you although it was short. Did put a smile on my face, even when i got off the track. I always smile when in a battle... lol
Thnx again all.

Hi Eric, I just rejoined the Club yesterday, theres a link on the 1st post at start of this thread pointing to the password but the link dont work for me. as i just rejoined i take it its not the same password as it was 3 months ago. cos that changed regularily.
thanks tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years