RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

1st race i had a good start, but someone got wide and i hit the wall. Took a pitstop and tried to get back, but the blue flags got on my nerves and decided to just finish the race as good as i could do.

2nd race was a ok start, lucky to evade some cars and won some places. At the mess up in T5(?) i bumped into Andrew. Srry for that m8. Didn't see it in time. Someone else in L1 but made some mistakes and finished 9th. Also thought i cut Lee D. If so, i'm really sorry.

Was a real fun evening, thnx all, RD and Gary for setting this up.

I knew it's gonna be a carnage. I think it's about bad track. I can't imagin clear start thru 1 corner with Viper's GT Pro. 25 players so odd 1/1 for driver who block tyres a little and pinball game starts.

Can't wait for tommorows Estoril WTCC event. I like this track a lot. This is gonna be such a entertaining race.
Nick don't bother about these incidents. Keep comming and watch your mirrors that helps a lot because if someone brakes unbelievably late u can give him room and then if he goes wide encounter him. Keep training hard

It all stared so promising with a 7th place, i think, in qualifying, got a reasonable start off the grid only losing a couple of places. Then made a few mistakes, as is the norm, and was in 8th on the last lap counting on a front row start for the 2nd race, then made a total cock up of the top of the hill and out of shear disappointment escaped out.

Race 2 started 17th and got away ok, was accelerating away then a series of unfortunate events occured that had me hitting a car coming across the track and due to braking for that got smashed from behind. Just stayed on the side until everyone cleared away then drove round for 10 laps.

Thanks Gary and RD, lovely track and great car.

1race: Had a good start but missed the breakpoint and hit marc good in the back. big sorry about that. I rejoined at position 20 and managed to get 13th at the end.
2race: Hit Lewis Owen at the start. Sorry but had no chance to avoid this accident. After that I had no concentration and fly off the track pretty hard. So I had to do some pit action. I did then some rounds in last position until the race was over.

But was nice combo Viper and Limerock. Feel that my GT-car skills improve slowly. But they do :)
Thanks Gary and RD for the event

• Matt Crouch

now to my real post,
practice was useful for me as it gave me the opportunity to spectate a couple of laps from Gary, which really kept me on the track for race 1, as I realised how many corners you took in a higher gear without really losing any time, but adding the benefit of being straight back on the throttle without the oversteer. I tried a couple of setups which were online from Ben and James Y, found Ben's 'felt' faster but I was much more stable in James', so went with that one. Thanks for having uploaded them at some point :)

race one was something special to me, despite the aforementioned (by others) hairpin shenanigans.
Qualified 14th, Lap 1, got to the hairpin and nearly made it round, but Lewis in his attempt to move off the track to wait for someone else managed to neatly move me off to the side of the track as well, so I ended up waiting for the same person :D. Oh well, all done with good intentions. Following on from that was a very good race all the way to the finish between Lewis, Marc, Neil T (nearer the end), Jeroen (despite being a lap down :roflmao:) and me for 8th-11th place. Really tense stuff and as I edged closer to Neil I had the others hounding me from behind (and in front) :dog:. Last lap I finally managed to squeeze it past Neil into 8th with only a few turns to go, but I couldn't handle the inside line through the next corner and he came straight back past leaving me with 9th position. 1st place in the next race would have been a bit of a shocker :shock:

Second race as previously discussed was a little less :happy:. First lap hairpin again I went into the back of Lee after he went into the back of someone else, who went into the back of someone else, and I think Evans had to go into the back of me, so I just decided to wait until most of the people had gone past before rejoining, started working my way back up the numbers until the T1 incident with Nick, then after he went ahead, then retired, I contued up for a while, went past Nuno who I thought acted a bit strangely, and at the end of the race said I was invisible.

I have seen invisible cars before in public servers but I believe they aren't invisible to everyone, not sure :s

oh well, thanks for organising, Limerock Mountain is always a winner :D

• Andrew Evans

nothing like a bit of limerock to restore the faith...rrrrrrr......

had some half decent pace in me but couldn't get the consistency...

race 1 there was lotsa concertinaing around the first buncha turns, more than i expected, though i should expected it... :D... avoided total disaster a coupla times and then arschtapped the boy tennant about t3/t4... apologies again mate... that spun me round and couldn't get going again safely until the whole field had passed by... finished way doooowwwnnn....

race 2, 22nd to 11th off the start thanks to shenanigans... that lasted well, until the hairpin deluxe shenanigans at the bottom of the hill... couldn't avoid the sideways croucho and kinda went downhill from there...

still, i managed a race lap that was almost 2 secs faster than my q time... so it was coming to me, albeit a little late...

cheers gah mate... always the joy... :thumb:

Another challenging race at RD.:disapointed:

Never been on the track before, and first time in GT Pro Viper. Thought I did well in quali with a 1:31. That had me starting 13th out of 24, which is about average for me at this type of event.

Race 1: Decent start, and managed to stay clear for about half the lap until I got punted from behind, and spun into the armco.:disapointed: Come back on track at 22nd to find that no one waited.:pissed-off: Second day in a row for that event with a 1st lap hit into last place, and no one waiting.:pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off:

Continued on to finish 13th, with some nice battles in there.

Race 2: Had some skidding problems at the start. Nuno got into me, but not bad, and I recovered to find someone sideways across the track ahead. Dodged right, and came together with Nuno again. Sorry that happened! Bad luck all around!:disapointed: This time I spun, and was again almost in last.:disapointed: Got going again with Nuno, and Bob Miley who has also got caught up in the mess somehow. Was rather distracted by all the carnage, and had some slow laps to get going, but shook it off, and ran an OK race, finishing in either 10th or 11th I think. I had a couple of nice battles again towards the end of the race. :thumb:

Overall, I like racing here, and most of the folks are very polite and fun to run with. It is very frustrating to get punted around on lap 1 of every race though. I understand that sometimes mistakes happen. I make them too (as Bob can attest from yesterday :embarrassed:), but you have to wait for the guy you knocked out. I don't like being last in the 1st lap after a good qualification any better than the next guy, but if I hit someone, I continue behind them, no matter how far back that is. We need less aggression on Lap 1, and we need better enforcement of the Golden Rule in my opinion.

Hopefully the next race will go better.

Thanks for setting this up Gary! I really liked the track and car choice! See ya soon!

Chris

• Andrew Evans

we need better enforcement of the Golden Rule in my opinion.

the golden rule is enforced all the time, just take a look at the list of people who have been kicked for a month... however, as per the grievance procedure, it actally requires the victim to approach the race director with the details and timings from the replay.... we can't be expected to search out these ourselves.... :rolleyes:

I'm Mad:sinister: with my internet provider they had a technical problem in all my neighbourhood just a few minutes before practice . I cound´t be leave it stayed more then 40 minutes on phone trying to solve the problem ..... they just don´nt gave a them i had to wait a till now..

I´m said :disapointed:i missed the race and occupied a slot i love these track sense i tried another day ..Sorry all guys for these accident i´m starting to be disappointed with my internet provided .

I hope some one on reserves took my place . Once again My apologises.:disapointed:

• Matt Crouch

to be fair Chris, <I'm removing this bit as I think it's being sorted amicably anyway>

I'm just going to add to this post that as the other person in this hasn't posted he may have a completely different view to what I've just said, so don't take my word as gospel (because I know you all do anyway :confused: :D)

Well I Happy and I'm not.

Join as reserve to a new car and track and not expecting much. Was stone cold last in praccy. During wually I managed to get the whole high gear coasting thing going on and manage to pop a time in for 11th on the grid.

R1

Race 1 was a good one. Got a rocket start and was up to 6th after the first few corners, tok another couple at the hairpin down the bottom of the hill to be 4th out of lap one. Shaky legs time! Could see the 2 ahead of me fighting it out so just got my head down and concentrated on smooth driving and finding the tenths. It payed of when about halfway one of them made the mistake which gave me third.

Wasn't long though untill Garry was chewing my bumper. Considered fighting it but quickly gave up on the idea and figured I'd settle for 4th its a good finish.
On the last lap someone went off at the hairpin which gave me 3rd which I was well very very pleased with.

R2 - The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Made a decent start and was in about 5th comming into the hairpin. Antonio got hot going in and went accross the car ahead of me. I tried slowing to give him a place to run but I spun it on the inside, 180ed, not looking good at that point as the field came staright into me. HUGE SORRY goes out to all that got caught up in the tail of that. I was coasting when I had to slow (schoolboy I know) and failed on the remedial action. Sorry guys.

Waited for the field to pass and set of in last. Things where much better from then on in though. got my head down and got to work managing to claw my way back up to 12th behind chris. kept making some time then giving it back but i was never going to catch him really my tyres were gone by then. finished 12th which was highly reasonable given the start.

Thanks guys for a great event.

Race 1: Decent start, and managed to stay clear for about half the lap until I got punted from behind, and spun into the armco.:disapointed: Come back on track at 22nd to find that no one waited.:pissed-off: Second day in a row for that event with a 1st lap hit into last place, and no one waiting.:pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off:

Apologies Chris after looking back through the replay I did tap you at the hairpin a midst the mayhem, I did pull to the side as Matt Crouch can confirm(sorry about that also Matt) however I misstook you for Stuart then coming through in the same skin, thinking you had regained your place.

Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back