RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Matt Alpeter

Qualy:
Broke my PB in half and started 7th

Race:
Had a good launch and held my place threw the first few corners. There was some excellent driving up front and even though we were bunched extremely tight, there was minimal contact..very nerve racking though!! As the field started to spread out, I was in 8th, which was the last position of the front pack, then there was a little gap back to Michel. Ran some pretty good laps and was able to put some time on Michel, but around lap 10 or so my tires started crying and I was losing time badly. Running in 6th, I witnessed the Cristian vs. Antonio incident (see below) and thought I was going to be able to drive right past, instead Antonio came barreling back onto the track right in front of me and spun, which destroyed my chances of catching the front pack. The second pack (Michel, Rafael, Joao, and Mitch) caught up to me and I was all over the track..sliding wide, powersliding, the works. My crew chief kept saying "your tires are worn"...and I'm thinking..DUH!! In sector 1 I could pull ahead maybe .1 or .2, sector 2 i could keep the gap the same, but sector 3 they gained like .3 or .4 every lap. That viper can go straight real well, but that's about it. A wide turn let Michel by, but I re-passed him a few corners later. Then Rafael and I went 2 wide into a corner and after watching the replay, it's clear that we made contact. During the race I had no idea we tapped, but we did, so Rafael, I'm really sorry, if I had known I tapped you I would have stopped. Joao was able to get by a few corners later which put me into 5th, then shortly after, Mitch got by. On lap 15, Mitch and I both pitted and he had a heck of a time in there. First he stopped at the wrong stall and I drove around, then he drove around me to get to his real stall, which he over-shot and had to back into lol. Came out in 7th behind Joao and Leandro. We had a quick battle and my straight line speed helped me a bit, but then I remembered how bad the tires get and decided to let Joao by and back off. Drove on my own for a bit, but the tires got really bad again and Rafael caught up. After a quick battle, I let him by and tried to save as much tire as possible. In 6th place, all was looking well until I realized I was about 1L short of fuel, so on lap 29 I pitted, confirmed +2L, but forgot to make the box green, so the crew shot me back out with no added fuel. The last lap I took extremely slow and used neutral a ton. I was worried about losing a place and was watching the car ahead/behind times and surprisingly, the car in front of me (Mitch) was doing the exact same thing and our gap was staying the same lol. I rounded the last corner with about .5L left and saw Mitch coasting and noticed he wasn't going to make it to the finish. I thought after 30 laps of racing, Mitch is going to finish, so I pulled up behind him and pushed him across the finish. Finished 7th.

@ Antonio-

Before you go accusing a very highly respected driver of not driving fair, you should look at your own performance today. Starting with when you flew down the pit exit and nearly smashed my car in pre-official qually (and wrote "play fair"). Next, you tore down pit lane (no limiter), passed Gary IN THE PIT LANE, were about to pass me (waiting for oncoming traffic) and drove right into Eric's race line. Then the whole ordeal with Cristian. It was a simple race accident, and he immediately stopped to let you by. That wasn't necessary, however, because you decided to fly right back onto the track directly in front of me, causing me to lock my brakes....you have no right to say "play fair" to anyone.

http://blip.tv/file/1778014

Had to record a little screenshot memory from last nights event.

Race 1 ready to blast off with a big grid of geat Aussie V8's

v8supercars1vc7.jpg

Race 2 ended in a typical V8 Supercar close finish. The only thing not typical was that a Holden won. :laugh2:

v8supercars4cg1.jpg

• Hayden Walker

yeh sure was a good race it was my first race.if anyone got any comments on my driving or how i could improve just send me a message

thanks

sorri if i disadvantaged anyone the game was overall a bit laggy and i tend to slam on the brkaes when it lags

A rough race for me. First, my apologies to Bob Miley for the incident in the Chicane. I simply did not realize how slow you were going there. My fault entirely. I stopped and waited for you, and I hope there was no damage. Also, that was a great battle for the last couple of laps! Nice job in passing on the last turn and holding out for the place! :thumb: I really enjoyed our running together, and I hope that you did too!

In quali, I was over 1 sec slow of my usual time, and ended up in 14th. Then on lap 1, there was a bit of bumping in turn 1, but nothing untoward. In turn 3 I got hit from behind and spun off the track, rejoining in last place. No one waited.:pissed-off::disapointed:

I rejoined, and started to catch up to the back guys around the chicane. There I came up behind Tim Miller. suddenly, he broke left, and there was Bob Miley going very slow. I smacked right into him.:disapointed: I am really sorry Bob! I did not see you until Tim broke to the left, and it was too late then.:disapointed:

I waited for Bob, and got going again. I was battling with Bob and Leandro, and Leandro bumped Bob into me, sending me off track again! Bob, I know that it was not your fault! Nothing whatever you could do, but thanks for waiting! I managed a few passes, and had a great battle with Tim Miller for a few laps!:thumb: I started having handling problems and drove as clean as I could until my pit stop at lap 16. I had gotten a tire warning at lap 13, so I was barely staying on track by the time I went in.

I came out in 12th, and started working my way up. I had a great battle with Bob Miley and someone else over the last three laps. Second to last lap, I managed a pass, and stretched out a 1.5 sec lead. Then at the last turn complex, my tires were going off again, and I went wide. Bob slipped by, and we went into the last turn side by side. We drag raced to the finish, and Bob nipped me by a couple of hundredths! Nice racing Bob!!:thumb:

Overall, a very mixed bag. I do not really like this track because I could never find a flow or rythm to it. That said, I did have some nice moments with Tim and Bob particularly. The contact in the first lap was a real downer though. Definitely not my best race. I hope that the next race is cleaner.

Chris

If you can try not to race online with Wireless! It seriously disadvantages other racers but most of all it's an annoyance!

I noticed that you din't really move out the way when I came to Lap you, when a faster driver is coming up behind you, let off the gas and pull OFF the racing line!

Other than that I hope you enjoyed your first RaceDepartment race! :)

Well, I did not practice enough for this track and I did almost zero setup changes. Thought I'd take a chance with the default setup and turned some decent times.

Quali - turned a 2:13.8 which made me happy for no setup changes. I think that was good for P9 or so? Can't remember.

Race - decent start and got a spot, but immediately lost that due to stackup in the first corner - aaaagh! I managed to not hit anyone and decided to fall-in and go conservative until the mess cleared up. After awhile, Michel Usal, Fernando De Almeda, Todias K., and I were in a pretty good battle for many laps. Some good tight clean racing until Joao A. and Fernando got tangled and I snuck by. Then I came up behind Matt Alpeter and we had some good battles. I could see the Viper was biting him at every corner LOL. The Bimmer was treating me well with a good conservative setup and the tires were pretty good so I knew I could get him. The lap that I was going to pit I got him a few corners prior to the pit. We both pitted and I got all flustered with the pit speed, then I didn't know where to go LOL because I was fiddling with the confirm button - sorry Matt I blocked you on accident in the pit lane. After that I drove around Matt to find my stall and went right past the damned thing, had to reverse, and inch around like a moron until I finally hit the pit. That incident caused me a 12sec delay in the pits and Matt rocketed off!!! Ugh I was devastated.

After this I joined back in and was in clear traffic for quite awhile. Only towards the end of the race did I start to reel Matt back in and thought I was going to be home free. All of a sudden Matt pulled into the pits before what I thought was the finish (I had 3L fuel left) and I was thinking he could have coasted in if he was running out. WRONG! I had another lap to go and I was like oh SH**!!! I knew I wasn't going to make it all the way around so I began going into fuel save mode - coasting, short shifting, coasting, and half way around I was down to 1L and knew I was effed. I ended up running out five or so corners before the finish and immediately put 'er into Neutral hoping to coast by. I got to the pit entrance and it was game over - grrrrr. I went off line so no one would ass can me and all of a sudden here comes Matt. I started screaming - OH NO!!!!! Don't hit me dude!!! BAM! He didn't hit me, he came up and did a "Lightning McQueen" on me and pushed me over the line LOL. That was cool Matt. Thanks for that bro. Officially I finished P6, but I'll concede that to P7 and give it to Matt. Whew, what a race!

Fun and frustration

As my first event with RD, my overall impression is "great fun to ride with you guys". Good sportsmanship, the way it should be. On the other hand, my race was, well... half good. But in a funny mather I should say. Up till my 1st pitstop, everything was going smooth: wasn't putting myself in trouble, running clean steady laps (on a track I discovered with 10 laps on thursday). Then... the pitstop. Don't ask me how, but once I got in, wet preset loaded... and again, don't ask me how, I just couldn't change to dry. Tried everything on keyboard and wheel, nothing was responding.... hhhhhhhhaaaaaa. The only thing that worked was to accept the preset. I was then loosing +/- 3 seconds per lap, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get dry tires going back to pit so I decided to make the best out the situation and pushed as much as I could to keep my position. But doing so made me use more fuel... and I ran out couple of curves before checkered flag.

In the end, all I can say is that I really had a great time. See you soon.

As my first event with RD, my overall impression is "great fun to ride with you guys". Good sportsmanship, the way it should be. On the other hand, my race was, well... half good. But in a funny mather I should say. Up till my 1st pitstop, everything was going smooth: wasn't putting myself in trouble, running clean steady laps (on a track I discovered with 10 laps on thursday). Then... the pitstop. Don't ask me how, but once I got in, wet preset loaded... and again, don't ask me how, I just couldn't change to dry. Tried everything on keyboard and wheel, nothing was responding.... hhhhhhhhaaaaaa. The only thing that worked was to accept the preset. I was then loosing +/- 3 seconds per lap, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get dry tires going back to pit so I decided to make the best out the situation and pushed as much as I could to keep my position. But doing so made me use more fuel... and I ran out couple of curves before checkered flag.

In the end, all I can say is that I really had a great time. See you soon.

Wow, for your first event you did AWESOME!!! I was behind you and you were definitely running a clean close race. Good job Michel!

This is what we think of your new Mod Gunthar

One more for laughs.

Gunthar was asking for some feedback and complaints, so a couple of Holdens showed him what they thought of his Team Kiwi Falcon.

No respect for the Mod Developers here. :rotfl:

v8guntharcy5.jpg

Yes, Sorry Warren for that tap, but the suddeness of you slowing down caught me out as i was directly behind you. My apologies!
As Andrew, i too experienced someones lag who stopped dead in front of me causing me to hit him, but a moment later, he appeared in front of me again.Very confusing?

A great race overall with a super mod, Thanks Warren!

I am in the process of reviewing the replay. There are a few very questionable moves, but also some very gentlemen like conduct!! Obviously, I cant see everyone's race, but BIG thumbs up to Joao and Chris for their behavior on the track:)

I dont really understand why did u give up Antonio. Your car doesnt seem that bad and it is a 30laps race. So what if you don't collect the $1million dollar check for that 1st place??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back