RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

What a fantastic nights racing with the mix of cars and different tracks plus the added pressure of superpole great stuff. Have to say a big thx to andrew for setting up the tournament and RD for hosting....:) . All i can say is roll on ET3. :0

Qualifying: 12th with a 1:51.344
Race: 8th

It always beats me why after so long a qualifying session where people have the chance to show just how fast they can go that they then feel the need to make amends and get as far up the front as they can within the first 2 or 3 corners. Guys if you were not good enough to get up front after 30 minutes of qualifying then why try to get there withing 2 or 3 corners? We have 80 minutes of great racing ahead of us or at least most of us would have but what usually happens is that some guy muscles past a better driver at the start then spends the next couple of laps constantly watching his mirror as the faster driver crawls all over the back of him looking for a way past and it usually ends with the poorer driver crashing out ending his race (and maybe others) all to prematurely. :rant:

Ok rant over now :wink2:

I agree with you saying some people do try to hurry and make up a million places in the first corners of a long race. But why are you saying that the guys arent good enough to race with someone ahead of him just because he was slower in qualifying? If i see a healthy nice gap in the first few corners then ill go for it. But according to you I cant because im too slow?

OH this will be fun - sign me up (I did it for you) :)
I will use Yves's Bastos skin: Download
seat%20bastos_Z90.jpg

• Matt Crouch

I agree with you saying some people do try to hurry and make up a million places in the first corners of a long race. But why are you saying that the guys arent good enough to race with someone ahead of him just because he was slower in qualifying? If i see a healthy nice gap in the first few corners then ill go for it. But according to you I cant because im too slow?

I have to say I also thought this when I read that post, if someone ahead has made a mistake and left a large gap, or you just find yourself in a position to make a clean opportunistic pass, then I see no reason not to go for it. You're perfectly entitled to get ahead and try to stay ahead, and just being a few tenths slower in qualifying (which could be 7 or 8 places difference in some races) shouldn't stop you from doing that.
When it comes down to it it's more important to put in consistent safe laps in front of them than being quicker than them. I think Neil's main gripe was with people just pushing past in places where it's not safe to do so at the start of the race though? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%