RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Finished 9th in Mid Ohio after some battling and a incident filled straight with someone trying to go up the inside of me and I didn't notice until last minute, I get a tap sending me straight on and almost hitting someone else.

Then in Limerock, got a decent start but went off after Andrew and Michael braked earlier than I expected. Then at the final turn I lost it on the kerb doing a 360 on the racing line which is when Fernando de Almeida comes and goes straight into the back of me. Had no time to move the car, so sorry for totalling your car.

Race 1 - Istanbul

Hard cars but loads of fun.

Race 2 - Mid Ohio

Great track, great cars, loads of fun.

Race 3 - Limerock Mountain

Awesome track, Awesome cars, Orgasmic enjoyment.

Thanks Andrew for setting this up and RD for hosting.

• Andrew Evans

q: how do you make a bastage handling production viper even worse?
a: get yourself an "aerodynamic problem" halfway through the race

q: what did you do wrong at mid-ohio?
a: gave mh a little tap around the first corner with tearful consequences... sorry again, mate....

q: what is there not to love about limerock mountain?
a: ...

cheers chaps... quality turn out and lotsa funs... also, cheers gary mate for shaping ze theme!

• Matt Crouch

:woop: that was much better than I was expecting from vipers. Not really tried them much before.

First race.. very tricky. As I said I think the universe was broken for a few minutes as I actually held on to first place for the best part of a couple of laps. :bulgy-eyes: Slowly that slipped away to 4th though, but a fairly satisfying race considering how hard it was to get round some of the corners on the circuit. Thanks Jesper for the setup

Second race, I think the first race made this one feel so much easier.
The first few laps I had some pretty close racing with Lewis. Just couldn't get past until an opening appeared at around 5 laps. There was a pretty big and growing gap between the group at the back and the group at the front so I wasn't going to gain any more places. Lap 10 I pretty much just forgot the track layout and was about 5 or 6 seconds off my best - nearly let Jan catch me :o. Finished 7th I think

Final race had a pretty good start off the grid. Was alongside Andrew in turn 1, and then in t2 I was trying to leave space but left waay too much and went wide. Lost a few places and spent the next few laps trying to catch Jan.
Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately :wink2:) he had an accident with someone else and I gained two places while they sorted it out. Then at the end of the lap I went past James who had fell victim to a kerb, and a few turns later, Ben who had also had a run-in with a kerb, taking me up to 4th. At this point I wished I had bothered to change my gear ratios as I was easy to overtake at the end of the straight.
We stayed fairly close anyway until I forgot about that sneaky right hander a few turns in, flew over the barrier and got lost in the void far away. I just hope that someone finds my Boodschappies a good home :(

Thanks for the event, one of the best RD events I've had I reckon, along with the other sprints this week

i didnt expect good things after a shaky practice session,but managed a dencent qual lap with the help of Ries's setup,really fun opening tussle with Jesper then again awesome close battle with Ries which came to an end at the big chicane,a racing incident i reckon but Ries waited for me,enjoyed the race more as it progressed with another lovely battle with Jesper!.
Mid Ohio i class as one of my favourite home tracks,and all this extra grip and braking in the Viper CC was a treat,a good blast off the line from pole then pull a gap as my chasers get jiggy with each other :D.
Lime Rock Mountain in GTP Vipers really was a match made in sim heaven,another good launch off from pole and felt comfortable with a 4sec lead until that pesky 2nd last turn bit me and spat me towards the trees with "the void" behind them......miraculous sort of lucky save got me back on track,Ries cruised past on the straight with ease,i really enjoyed the challenge of pushing to try and pass,but Ries had the speed in the bits that mattered so no pass possible.

All 3 races worked very well together,each one leading to greater fun as the night went on,great club atmosphere and gent racers always helps any event and this one had plenty,thanks to you all.
Many Cheers Andrew in conjuction with RD for a fine nights racing :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years