RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

well, I used not to, but also here at RD there are quite a number of fast guys who show little respect for a backmarker's effort, so I now play it on the safe side. Above comment very much appreciated, thx from all of us slow guys :)

Having spent a lot of time as a backmarker and being lapped myself I appreciate the desire not to interfere with the front runners, and understand it can be a tricky balance between keeping your own race going and letting someone faster through.

Just after mid-race I think it was David Garcia who slowed to let me though, despite my tyres being quite worn and me not really being much (if at all) quicker than him at that point, as he was on new tyres.
It then became tricky for us both, as I did not want to hold him up, but I think I was doing so where serious traction was required :moneymouth:
Lucky for us both my pit stop was only a lap or so later, which ended an awkward situation for us both. Thanks for letting me past and sorry if I got in your way David, you must have been cursing me and yourself for letting me through :laugh2:

As already mentioned by others ... some of you were overly courteous in letting me/us past, but your awareness has to be applauded and your throttling off or slightly wider lines is very much appreciated.
So that is a big thanks from me too! :highfive:

Sign me up with the Seat.

I will be talk with Eric and see if he can setup a practice server on Monday. I will be on there 7pm EST or 12:00 midnight GMT and will be there to assist anyone with driving line, and also assistance setting up the car to your needs. The setup part will be an intructional thing, not just making a setup. I will ask you how the car is behaving, and also what you would like it to do. Then I will explain what changes to try and how it will affect the car.

I think it will help people planning on racing be well prepared and ready to race.

Any interest in this just post here, if timing is an issue I may be able to work a different time.

Keith

Attachments

• Toledo1.jpg
    Toledo1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 212
This was just Friggin' AWESOME!!!! Well, had a good quali for me, ran my PB of a 1:14.9 (I think). Started somewhere around 10th had a good jump at the green light and found myself in 8th. Just tried to keep it going and wound up making a mistake and put me back in 12th, when everyone started pitting, I waited 2 laps then took pit of 65 litres of fuel and new tires all the way around, came out on track in 8th, had some good fights with Ingo, trading places when we each made mistakes but I finally got 8th in the end, my best finish yet. Pierre, No problems friend, I did tend to brake real early at the point when you rear ended me, and considering that we both made a good recovery and I actually got my position back too. All in all this was some of the best racing I've had here at RD in the last 6 months. I am soooo looking forward to the next event next month Eric. Thanks for setting this up and from the sounds of it Nebraska has a good F3000 track. Thanks Yves, for pointing me to this track. Thanks again, and I did notice the lack of banging and bumping around of cars. You guys are great, keep up the good driving.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years