RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

If you send me the replay file of your best lap then i will be able to tell you what you do wrong there. Are you not using Nicos setup? In that case it might be the car that need a little change...
Here is my replay with fuel for 21 laps (56 liters), trying to drive with that just to get the feel for it :) And yes, i drive with Nicos setup :)
Did a 1.12.946 i think with less fuel.
Usually do mid 1.14 and low 1.15.

Attachments

• Pierre Mid America 1,13,649.Vcr
    45.2 KB · Views: 200
Had a good evening at this circuit even though going into it I hadn't been able to string more than 5 laps together.

Quali: 8th place which I was very happy with. A PB of 2.01.xxx

Race: Manage to get a better start than Bob beside me, but Nigel behind had an absolute flyer and passed us both which meant I was still in 8th come the end of the lap. Followed Nigel for a few laps with Laurence pressuring behind. Lap 2 I heard the inevitable "you have suspension damage" as I tapped the wall at T3. I thought the mini was very fragile around here. On lap 5 or 6 Nigel had a bit of a moment braking at T3 and I came round the corner to find him in the middle of the road which was a bit of a surprise because I thought he had managed to hold it. That left me behind Lee which is where I pretty much stayed for the rest of the race. Had a brief 4 laps in 2nd place as I decided to run a bit more fuel in the first stint. Pitstop went as planned and came out behind Lee 10 seconds adrift and in 4th still. As Lee mentioned, with 8 mins to go he had a moment and was suddenly down to a 2.4 sec gap with about 4 laps to go which made the end quite exciting for me.

Ended the race in 4th which is my best result to date. :dance2:
Running so far up the field I had a new experience in my race evening. Passing back markers. I must say thanks to all those guys, very clean and observant. One in particular, Steve De Greveleer, I must apologise too. I was following you for a couple of laps and on T2 you dispappered, lag I guess ( I remember Gary mentioning it during the race a few laps earlier) and it gave me a huge wobble as you reappeared back in front of me, anyways the next lap exactly the same thing, but this time when you reappeared it was right in front of me and we touched. Hope it didn't spoil your race, but there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

Congrats to the podium and thanks to Yves and everyone at RD for the event.

8671d1231614060-race-night-flyer-thread-06-undrdogs.jpg

Servername: racedepartment.com US
Password: click here

Class: WTCC 2006 underdogs BMW E46 / Alfa GTA / Seat Toledo Cupra
Track: Istanbul
Weather: Dry

Practice: Tuesday January 13th 9:00 PM EST, ( Wednesday 2:00 GMT ) 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: (10:00PM EST - 3:00 GMT) 2 by 11 laps, WTCC rules - no forced pits

Notes: This is a 06 "Older car event" the cars are - BMW E46 / Alfa GTA / Seat Toledo Cupra

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Timothy Miller
  2. Marcel vd Aa
  3. Lu Chan
  4. Keith Barrick
  5. Bill Kaiser
  6. William Yunck
  7. Sai Yip
  8. Peter Bartfai
  9. Corey Theman
  10. Rhys Gardiner
  11. Mehmet Arikan
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver

Reserves:
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

I was following you for a couple of laps and on T2 you dispappered, lag I guess.

yep, same problem here racing Steven who is a very very clean racer. I wasn't lapping or being lapped, though, but in a fight for position with him disappearing and then dropping out of the clear blue sky to right in front of my nose. Us being teammates, I hope I always managed to avoid you, Steven. There must have been a little problem with your line.

Too much overly nice stuff from blue flag guys,some of you compromise your own race too much to let me pass,at the time ofcourse its appreciated but not required you almost drive off the track to be lapped :).

well, I used not to, but also here at RD there are quite a number of fast guys who show little respect for a backmarker's effort, so I now play it on the safe side. Above comment very much appreciated, thx from all of us slow guys :)

• Andrew Evans

same old f3000 story for meh.... love driving them, am nowhere in them, always crashing them... nice track tho! cheers eric :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%