RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ross ... Again, I'd like to say sorry for punting you off-road. It was not intentional. I definitely would've waited, but wasn't sure if I should (I've been only competing here on RaceDepartment in ATCC, where we were specificaly told not to wait - so I went by that rule). I admit it was my fault and I am prepared to face the consequences.

These cars are great!

Practise - P2

Did a 1:30:8 but Reis had the pace over me

Qually - P3

Was a decent lap and managed a 1:30:6 but had to settle for 4rd behind Matjuz and Jesper

Race One - 6th

Race started very well, got a good start and Reis and I could jump the first row and Take P1 and P2. Reis made an error out of turn 4 and I was able to squeeze passed him. We started to pull away out front until I made a very stupid error at Turn 7 and dropped to 5th. I soon made my way back up to 2nd and was in a close fight with Matjuz, Jesper and Matt. I hadn't practised long distance so my tyres had gone with 10minutes to go so I had to defend like crazy to hold onto 2nd. I had some cool fights with Matjuz and Jesper all very clean and fair racing until at Turn 7 Matjuz barged into the back of me sending me (PM sent mate) which send me back behind Matt in 5th and with no rear wing. I had to go into overdrive to keep up with Matt and my tyres were down to 47%. Giorgio also was right behind me and the 3 of us had a clean close fight and I lost out to the both of them and finished a disappointing P6

Race Two - P1 :trophy:

Got a decent start from P3 and got the jump on Emil and Mark. Giorgio too got a good jump and we were side by side into turn 4. I had the inside line into Turn 5 and Giorgio tried to go round the outside of me which ended in tears for him unfortunately. I could settle down and focus on the track ahead. I pulled a 5 second lead with Jesper, Matjuz and Ries a bit behind. Those 3 had a close fight and Ries lost out and fell back a few seconds. Jesper and Matjuz fought a bit more giving me (who was slower than all 3 of the guys behind me) some breathing space. With 10minutes to go my tyres were starting to go, I made some changes to the set-up so they lasted a few laps more. With 6minutes left I got the warning and the pack behind closed in on me very quickly. On the penultimate lap I made an error but could still hold the lead but I had Matjuz, Jesper and Ries right up my tail. I held on as much as I could and took the win by under a second from all 3 of them (nice racing guys :thumb:)

Thanks to Dave for the event and Adam for the set-up. Hope we have more evnts in these cars, their awesome :thumb: :D

Ross ... Again, I'd like to say sorry for punting you off-road. It was not intentional. I definitely would've waited, but wasn't sure if I should (I've been only competing here on RaceDepartment in ATCC, where we were specificaly told not to wait - so I went by that rule). I admit it was my fault and I am prepared to face the consequences.

It's ok mate, PM sent :)

Qually....terrible !! Offroading and no 29 (vid)...not even a 30 but a 31 something :S 4th

1st Race....had a great start due using clutch and managed 1st in the 1st corner already. Fell back to 2nd dun remember why but got 1st again handed by Ross as he made a big mistake.
Speeded to the finish with a 20 second gap to 2nd.

2nd Race:

Had to start 8th but had a good start. Waited patiently for people to make mistakes and that happened. Got to 3rd and had to pass Matt Clark who was trying to hold on to his 2nd position like there was no tomorrow. At one point he did make the mistake but he made a unpostsmanlike manouver and steered his car infront of mine while he knew he had way less speed.
Fair enough I continued the chase and he eventually buckled under the pressure.

Got in to 2nd. Now the chase to Ross was on. Knwoing I made a gap to him of 18 seconds 1st race I could catch him. Overtaking was another point but it never came to that.
Made 1 tiny mistake in all the 40 laps and it costsed me my 2nd. Jesper took advantage and I let him go as he had more speed and closing the door wasn't a option.
Next lap me and jesper was in for a awefull suprise...a backmarker not in control of his car. ( Practice more and after that crash you still didn't make room despite the blue flags and the fact you crashed us. ) He tapped Jesper who could just hold it but the backmarker slided over the grass rammed Jesper and I could not avoid a hit. Jesper managed to get away but I was send in the barriers....heavy car damage and back into 4th.
Still managed to close the gap and push hard for 3rd but was just not enough time anymore.
Sure as hell the last few laps where cool and worthy of a replay.....1 2 3 4 within a second haha ...Ross must have felt realllllyyyy uncomfy in 1st which showed as he nearly lost it rofl.

So overal 1st race...good start made up for qually and cruised to finish as I was fastest of server 2.
2nd race knowing your faster is one..overtaking somethign else as expected.
Some badluck and unavoidable incidents/holding up and 1 tiny freaking error and ended up 4th.

Did enjoy it though so thanks anyway :p

Well here I sit waiting for race 2...... Crashed on qualy, leaving me 24/25 for Race 1. Got a thump in the rear on Lap 1 leaving me with a removed rear wing

That might've been me. I braked a bit late into those last couple of chicanes, before the finish line. Would've made it alone, but failed in traffic, hit someones back right, and spun him. I apologize for that.
Lost two places while waiting, and then my lead foot kicked in. Went too wide, missed the fence at the start-finish line, and my lap didn't count.:mad:
Lap down on lap 1, damage, the leaders were already close behind -> decided to retire

First race was very difficult! I had a good start from 5th to 3rd in the first lap, but the faster guys started to overtake me quite quick. I made a few mistakes and had to fight for 8th position at the end of the race! It was a very very tough battle, but luckily I mannaged to bring the Clio undamaged across the line in 8th place! :D

Second race starts from pole!:D not a great start however.. Lost the first place and had to race against the first race podium directly! My compliments to them because I simply couldn't follow them... Settled down for 4th place but it was a hard fight to mannage it! And sadly in the last lap I got of the track, hit the wall, and had to drive half the lap without a front bumper and 2 punctures! lol! But still finished in 5th place:D

It was a cool and fair start of a great mod!
See you next race guys!

Just a quick comment about the mod itself since that was requested.

The lack of tuning abilities with these cars make them very competative and will always show who is faster around a track or not but the difference (if equal practice times ) are minimal.
With cars who have loads of setup abilities you sometimes can still do good and get away with a bit slower driving if your in a league like the GT Pro or Sports if you nailed the setup.

As far as overtaking goes these cars are just about the same as the mini's. You can choose different lines, slipstream a bit and have a go here and there. Still is hard to overtake due to all cars being same and setup does little to your speed. So in that sence they can be enjoyable and frustratign at the same time.
And on a track like Cadwell overtaking is just nearly impossible but that would be the same for other leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back