RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

After a practice where I set my PB and lap after lap after lap the last three days...I DNF in both races, both times in places that never get me when I'm just lapping.

In Race 1, I spun at the start (could've been me, could've been an impact...haven't checked. It was probably me.), messed up my car after an impact or two. Pitted, was just getting back in the groove when I take turn two a little two wide, catch some dirt, and head right into the wall. Since that's nearly always fatal damage, I actually have a recovery procedure for going off there...that's worked every time except this one.:)

In Race 2, I got passed by a bit on the start, and was getting into a nice groove when I just don't turn the wheel enough going into the esses and end up going right off into the wall.

I should've stuck around till the end of the session, I guess, but I had a...erm, brief episode that involved much foul language. I'd been looking forward to this one since I found out we were running GTs at Mosport and got maybe three live laps in.

But, while I am irritated, I always remind myself to look at the good news. Not much good news tonight, but there was one thing: I was about three seconds off the pole, about what I got with the Caterham's last week, which is a good sign that I'm getting consistently faster.

Maybe next weeks, folks. The GT race will be on my birthday.:)

To say the least I am not happy at all tonight. Had to avoid someone rejoining while attempting a pass on John Reznik and pretty much ended up having to put the car into the wall in order to avoid taking anyone else out. Really not happy at all with the way that went down. This pretty much ended up ending my race as the car was barely drivable after that resulting in a couple more off's and eventually a DNF.

Need to cool off a bit and come back to this later. Hope you all had fun.

WELL I hauled out the bimmer once again and found it very fun to "hustle it" around.

Q'd in 7th I believe and simply could not come to terms with the vette speed on the back straight. If I drafted one I could maintain but otehrwise, it was worth -.2 all day.

R1 I get a good start and avoid the issue with Yves slow start. I am up tp 3rd pretty quickly na ddriving well. I get passes by Yves and one other before I have a big iff going down the hill on the left side. I am clamly scraping the wall and figure I 'll sort it out near the bottom. OH look a BLUNT WALL of tires. BAng off comes the bumper cover and splitter. I eventually finish 9th. I had good pace in race fuel but no result thistime.

R2 I geta good start again and am chasing all good drivers. I make my way up to 4th before I slide it of moss woth 3 to go allowing my mate Vaughnie to sli past and head after PErter B. I hold it together well enough to finish 5th and feel better about this race vs. 1.

Congrats to the winners and podium drivers!

Thanks to the Euro guys showing up aagain! Adam and PEter!

See you guys wedensday?

To say the least I am not happy at all tonight. Had to avoid someone rejoining while attempting a pass on John Reznik and pretty much ended up having to put the car into the wall in order to avoid taking anyone else out. Really not happy at all with the way that went down. This pretty much ended up ending my race as the car was barely drivable after that resulting in a couple more off's and eventually a DNF.

Need to cool off a bit and come back to this later. Hope you all had fun.

Watch the reply, i wasnt in your way, yes i joined abit to early but i didnt put my car right in front of yours, you just outbroke yourself, sorry you werent happy with the way "that went down".

Also dont reply I aint gona bother replyin back :good:

Nice event for me!

In the beginning I didn't really find my pace. Struggled with the setup a bit, then decided to throw it all in the bin, and start like I always did before! And it worked. On quali it was only enough for P11, but in race 1 I managed to improve my pace a bit, and even more in race 2.

Race 1: Stayed behind Marty at start, on the other side there was an accident that put us already in P6-P7 (?), then Marty's car lagged into me in Moss, thankfully there and not in the straight:) So I lost 1 place, and then started to fall back as I was about 1 second slower per lap than Eric. Not much after Marty spun at T3 and I passed him. Around lap 10 I got closer in pace to Eric, only lost 2-3 tenths per lap. Then he made a mistake (in T3 as well) and I could pass him. At the end Stefan arrived, defended hard against him, we had a small collision in Moss, but that didn't cost us anything at the end. So I finished 5th.

Race 2: Started from 4th, was 2nd after the start. It was hard to pass Glenn, as he was faster in the straights. But still not as much as the Corvettes! Yves came, I could defend for 1 lap and then he passed me easy on the straight! Then came Keith! Again, in the same place! Yves made a mistake after Moss a few laps before the end, and we got side by side in the esses, and did side by side the esses! It was really cool!:) Unfortunately I went off at last corner, and that also brought Adam (again in a Corvette) closer to me! He tried to pass inside first which surprised me as I was almost completely on the right (as much as I could do it from cockpit view without taking too much risks!), then only one lap left and I survived at P3!

Overall I finished 4th behind Keith, Yves and Adam! Really nice race guys! Thanks Eric and RD for organizing!

british-flag-640.jpgWhy yes it is in fact British Week next in the American Racing Club!

We are bringing the best British content possible in game for you to enjoy!

The Brits are rather serious about their Motorsports and getting it on proper is always the mission!

They are VERY passionate about the sport and have produced some of the world's finest race drivers across many era's!

Stirling Moss sound familiar? Nigel Mansell? Jensen Button or Lewis Hamilton? James Thompson or Andy Priaulx? Yeah man all these drivers are from the UK! Smashing!

m_i_stirling_moss_victory_1955_mille_miglia.jpgmansell.jpgbutton1.jpgjames thompson.jpgpriaulx.jpg lewis.JPG
So grab a pint of Bass and some kidney pie.Get ready for the British Invasion here at RD!!!

bass-ale.jpgSteakandKidneyPie.jpg

Here is the list of events for British week!

Sunday July 18th WTCC 87 @ Castle Combe

Monday July 19th GT Pro @ Silverstone '79

Tuesday July 20th F1 @ British GP

Wednesday July 21st Saleen SSE @ Brands Hatch 07

Thursday July 22nd Radicals @ Cadwell Park

Friday July 23rd WTCC/Vauxhall @ Cadwell Park

Saturday July 24th Porsche Mobil 1 Super Cup @ Doningthon Park National

Qualified 19.05, PB so I was good with that.

Race 1: Short & not very sweet. Passed half the field before midlap, then misjudged Bill's position in the S's, went wide and bit the tires. Oh well - was rested for Race 2.

Race 2: Started from last, and pretty much followed the field through the first lap. Ended up catching a few positions due to mishaps, which eventually put Corey behind me. We had an excellent race for 3 or 4 laps as he tried to get by me. Eventually he did manage to get by using that HP down the straight, but 2 laps later he and Dennis got together and I passed them both briefly. Dennis got right back by, and I ended up spending the rest of the race trying to chase him down, sometimes getting right on the bumper, but never in a good place to try a move. Good race Dennis & Corey. Finished ~p10.

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/657428WTCC_87_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/472885US_WTCC_87_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/472885US_WTCC_87_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/472885US_WTCC_87_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USTC87

Class: WTCC 87

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 1:45 GMT
Practice: open server
Qualification: 15mins
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

The kick off event for British week features some
old School" touring cars! Nothing like some heavy tin top racing on a BRitish circuit to get us going proper!

The Castle Combe airfield opened in May 1941. The land which the airfield occupied belonged to the Castle Combe estate, which was owned by the Gorst family. The RAF Castle Combe airfield functioned for seven years before being decommissioned in 1948.
Castle Combe Circuit opened in 1950, and the first meeting was staged on July 8 by the Bristol Motorcycle & Light Car Club. Over the next few years, the circuit attracted star names such as Stirling Moss, Mike Hawthorn, Roy Salvadori and John Surtees.
Castle Combe has staged many different motorsport disciplines over the years. In 1997, Nigel Greensall established a new lap record. His Tyrrell 022 lapped the circuit at 130.93 mph (210.71 km/h). However, this was the last year that the circuit would remain unaltered. A tragic accident involving the death of a spectator forced the owners into installing two new chicanes in order to slow the cars down. The new layout was slightly longer at 1.85 miles (2.98 km), and was completed over the winter of 1998-1999.
Formula Three returned to Castle Combe in 2001. However, it would not stay long. In 2005, the circuit was issued with a noise nuisance order, which meant that the circuit had to reduce its noise level. The British Formula Three Championship and the British GT Championship were both louder than permitted, and so were prevented from returning. The local championships dedicated to Saloon Cars, GTs and Formula Ford are instead still active, with packed grids and exciting races. Since 2001 Rallyday, an annual demonstration event for rally cars, has been held at the circuit.

Some good racing tonight and again cheers RD, Mr Eric and Keith for his set up.

Qually: Somehow managed 3rd and was really surpirsed by that as Im never good in these cars.

Race1: Yves got a bad start and spun off grid and that got me 2nd and from there was a lonely race. Impossible to catch keith.

Race2: Made up a few positions off grid including passing Yves. From there made my way up through field but was disapointed as when I caught Jarrod and Eric they both made mistakes to let me through. Jarrod ended up with the fans :D. after that caught peter up but at first I was abit annoyed when you squeezed me peter but after watching reply it was me that squeezed between you and the grass. But I broke early enough not to touch peter even though we had a few love taps but thats what why I race.

Ended up finishing race 2 in 4th.

WD keith on double win and wd to every. Cheers eric and thanks peter for the little battle and keith again for giving me his setup :good:

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USGTP

Class: GT-PRO

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Tuesday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EST)

Warmup: 10mins

Race: 2x20 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Silverstone is considered by many to be the true home of the British GP! We are loading up the 1979 version for a very fast layout to test those GT Pro machines!

It is built on the site of a World War II Royal Air Force bomber station, RAF Silverstone, which opened in 1943. The airfield's three runways, in classic WWII triangle format, lie within the outline of the present track.
Silverstone was first used for motorsport by an ad hoc group of friends who set up an impromptu race in September 1947. One of their number, Maurice Geoghegan, lived in nearby Silverstone village and was aware that the airfield was deserted. He and eleven other drivers raced over a two mile circuit, during the course of which Geoghegan himself ran over a sheep that had wandered onto the airfield. The sheep was killed and the car written off, and in the aftermath of this event the informal race became known as the Mutton Grand Prix.[3]
The next year the Royal Automobile Club took a lease on the airfield and set out a more formal racing circuit. Their first two races were held on the runways themselves, with long straights separated by tight hairpin corners, the track demarcated by hay bales. However, for the 1949 International Trophy meeting, it was decided to switch to the perimeter track. This arrangement was used for the 1950 and 1951 Grands Prix. In 1952 the start line was moved from the Farm Straight to the present Finish Straight, and this layout remained largely unaltered for the following 35 years. For the 1975 meeting a chicane was introduced to try and tame speeds through the mighty Woodcote Corner, and Bridge Corner was subtly rerouted in 1987 before the track underwent a major redesign between the 1990 and 1991 races. The reshaped track's first F1 race was perhaps the most memorable of recent years, with Nigel Mansell coming home first in front of his home crowd. On his victory lap back to the pits Mansell even found time to pick up stranded rival Ayrton Senna and give him a lift on his side-pod, after Senna's McLaren had expired towards the end of the race.
Following the deaths of Senna and fellow Grand Prix driver Roland Ratzenberger at Imola in 1994, many Grand Prix circuits were modifed in order to reduce speed and increase driver safety. As a consequence of this the entry from Hangar Straight into Stowe Corner was modified in 1995 so as to make its entry less dangerous and, as a result, less challenging, and the flat-out Abbey kink was modified to a chicane in just 19 days before the 1994 GP.

Firstly, thanks to all who showed up, it was awesome to see that full of a grid. Also, I can relate to what Larry said... I was easily lapping very low 1:17's last night, with no drama. I dunno what changed, but I was almost at square one again when I showed up early. Thats racing , I guess.

Anyway, first race I qually'd I think 8th, which was ok, and the start went kinda poorly. I think two cars spun right on the start a little way ahead of me, and while trying to thread the needle between them, the mosler(?) ended spinning into me/me bumping into it, and then being bumped by passing traffic. I think I rejoined near last place. I then caught up with Corey Theman, and managed to bump into him in the same corner(3) Stefan had some trouble, and we both went off.(very sorry). I was trying to attempt a pass, but I should've been more patient.
I waited for Corey to rejoin and then followed him into Moss's corner, and he went off, so I picked up a place.
After a few more laps, I caught up with a Mosler(I think Dennis) and was chasing him for a few laps. I got a good run on him onto the main strait, and was trying to move around in his mirrors, going into 1. I moved myself right into the wall. Race over.

R2 went better. Started from I think 15th, took it real easy on the start, end up in a pack with Stefan, Will, Adam, Bill, and most likely a few more, and start tryin to set some passes(very new area for me). I remember seeing Stefan go by into 3, and going off, and battling with some Spykers,Vettes, and a Mosler. I had a little back and forth battle with Adam for a little bit, until I slid off a bit going out of 3. He was catching me anyway, so it was a matter of time.
That was pretty much it and it was for 7th place, and i finished in 6th. I actually liked my race setup much better than the qually, and it stayed remarkably consistent, right to the end.

Thanks again to everyone who showed up, I had a good time, and am again motivated by those ahead me to get faster.

Cheers'

Was a great car and Track combo. I found it very hard for me for my first race in a while and I apologize for my lack of control and inconsistent driving. Ran out of gas and rolled just a couple feet short of a finish in race1. I found myself off track several times and one time I had to get back on backwards because I could not go forward in the grass uphill. Luckily no one hit me.

I did have fun but have allot to learn in the gt cars. Sorry if I messed up anyone tonight and to Michael for the bump push when you were next to Eric in race 2. See ya'll Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%