RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Back to my delima from weeks ago... i can run low 18s with the bmw but high 17s with the moseler BUT in the mosler, it's way faster in the turns and WAY slower in the straight... and so, how in the world would I ever pass someone in the mosler on this track. There aren't any turns where you can pass here. So I'd be slowed up by the other cars in the turns and then left behind in the straight. I think all things point to the BMW.... Saddly too... the mosler is sooo easy to drive here.

all I can say is:

For Fooks sake that was fun! Damn cars are getting to be the real "sweat Machine" fo rthe ARC events!

Had some fun battles and tossed out a podium with about 30 seconds to go in Race 2! Slow slow slow yaw event that went past the point of no return........

OH well at least it wasn;t a rookie looking "tank slapper"...........LOL

see you guys MONday at Mosport in GT's!

OH yeah! I have to thank those Euro guys for staying up intot he wee hours again and filling up the grid!

And a special thanks to Steve Crossland for showing up and proving the F1 guys aren't as snobby as you thought they'd be............he he he

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USAWTCC

Class: WTCC 06/07/STCC

Weather: variable! use link for forecast
weather link

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Saturday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15 mins SUPERPOLE
(9:45 PM EDST)

Warmup: 10 mins

Race: 2x20 laps w/
1 mandatory pit stop for 2 tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Trois Rivieres has seen it's share of action through the years! SCCA pro TOuring car and GT have been stopping here for many years now.

Rolling through the distinctive arch is a sight to see and daunting at speed!

So we bring you touring cars at a nice short street circuit and add in the actual weather model making this a reflection of real world racing in Canada!

Entry List:

1. Rhys Gardiner
  2. Paul Wood
  3. Adam Vaughan
  4. Michael Carver
  5. Kevin Hopkins
  6. Marty Pierce
  7. Mike Bell
  8. Michael V Scheppingen
  9. Ronald Gaviola
  10. Jesper Taulborg
  11. Dariusz Swiderski
  12. Bill Kaiser
  13. Willie Watt
  14. Sidonio Manuel
  15. Helder Moreira
  16. Fernando de Almeida
  17. Yves Larose
  18. driver
  19. driver
  20. driver
  21. driver
  22. driver
  23. driver
  24. Keith Barrick (maybe)
  25. Frank Anderson (maybe)

After doing about 16 laps in practice, I was going to sit out as my back was giving me issues. But come quali, I decided F it... and just went for it. Only did one lap in quali which got me 5th on the grid with a 24.6.

R1: Got a decent start and fell in line behind Steve Crossland. I then got a bit of a bump going around T3 (right after the chicane) from Chris Hendrick as he tried to get under me. This forced me really wide and we came onto the straight side by side. I got a better drive down the straight and was able to maintain P5. Chris tried to hang on to the back of me for a couple of laps, but must have made a mistake as he dropped down the order. I wasn't quite able to keep pace with the front runners, but kept Steve within a reasonable distance and eventually started closing on him slowly. So when Steve spun, I was able to slip through unchallenged. A few laps later I was gifted P3 by Adam as he was facing the wrong way in T5. I now had a gap of roughly 7 seconds to Steve and Adam behind and tried to take it easy and just manage the gap. Then on the last lap with a gap of over 5 seconds, I stupidly get onto the inside curbing in T1 and loop it. I manage to get going again before Adam and Steve got to me, but they were of course carrying much more speed and passed me down the straight into the chicane. I was on the back of them again by T5 as Steve lost it on the throttle. I was now back up to P4 and chasing Adam to the line, but wasn't quite close enough to make a move. Finished P4.

R2: Got a good start, but let off as I didn't want to take T1 three wide. Going through T1 things were getting a little to close for comfort and I decided to just run it off into the grass rather than risk taking out half the field. I rejoined last, but was back up behind Tyler by the end of the lap and just in time to watch Keith run off. Keith and I had a few fun laps thereafter as I was desperately trying to fend him off. He clearly had much more speed then me. After a couple of laps of close bumper to bumper racing Keith was really close coming into the chicane. As I was trying to slow the car down Keith was pushing me and finally spun me into T3. We got going again quickly without losing any positions and the battle raged on. A lap or two later Keith was finally close enough to make a dive into T4. I left him plenty of room and he sailed by on the brakes and started to open a gap instantly. I was able to keep him within about 2 seconds for a couple of laps, but by this point I was really struggling with the car and honestly couldn't wait for it to end. lol. Finished 6th.

Hopefully my back (and broken toe) will be better for Monday nights GTS race at Mosport. Any ways, thanks everyone that showed tonight, especially all you euro guys. Hope to see everyone on track again soon. :)

The Mosler is extremely fun and fast around Mosport, letting the rear hang out in nearly every corner! My best at Mosport '77 was a 1:16.500. Haven't tried the '09 version yet, but it should suit it even better as the corners, especially T4-5, are much smoother in this version and also, the back straight seems to be slightly shorter. So we will see. I can't really say I had a problem passing here last time in the Mosler as the only place everyone could really get the power down is the back straight and what I lost down the straight I would make up in the Esses. I guess what it really comes down to is driving style and personal preference. I own a two stroke grand prix bike, so obviously I prefer corner speed. :D

I guess I bit off a bit too much, lol. Downloaded the mod this afternoon, along with the track, and it proved to be a little much. I also had no clue as to what makes the Porsche tick, but even basic solid braking and general stability eluded me. I could'nt find any setups anywhere.

Anyway, as always, was fun running with everyone, and i did mess around afterwards with setup, and I have a nice stable base to work from next time.

Cheers' boys

John

GO NETHERLANDS!!!!!!

And a special thanks to Steve Crossland for showing up and proving the F1 guys aren't as snobby as you thought they'd be............he he he
Did you not see that Chris Hendrich, our FPPS Champion was there also ? :)

That was a real mix of Fun & Frustration with these Porsches.
I've always struggled with these and today was no exception. In practice I ran out of time in getting my setup sorted as my wife was asking for help around the house. I was able to set a last minute time to snatch 5th place from fellow Kiwi Kevin Hopkins, but then was able to go almost a second faster with a few small tweaks and with race fuel.
S after fairly good starts, my car was at it's prime about 2 laps in. From then onward it was a slow decline of rear end grip.

Great fun though as almost all of us were in TS.
Thanks for the race... will try to join more often.

okay
never driven mustangs but here goes nothin
inset day in school
no reason why i cant
sign me up plz as a maybe

p.s i hate the thing where u have 2 wait 3 mins between dls cuz my mustangs are v1 and i need the track 2 but i cant dl em simultaniously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%