RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Allow me to expand on my initial findings on car testing and performance.

First the Mosler: The Mosler which is always a favorite of mine gives you so much confidence that you can rip through those fast downhill turns as well as the series of turns before the start/finish line that it's certainly worth a look. I mentioned that I tested these cars on time trial mode so that I could set a fast lap and then have something to compare to for my entire lap. As it turned out, that method was very telling: It was really interesting to watch the BMW (my Ghost lap from my 1.18.2 lap) blow by the mosler in the long straight stretch. Several times I was either even or just ahead of the BMW by around .1 or .2 seconds coming out of Moss and by the end of the straight, I was well behind. I figure this costs a third of a second and this will certainly be a major disadvantage for the mosler in this race because the bmw and other high horsepower cars like the seat and the Sunred will be able to easily pass on this part of the track but to pass on the remainder of the track is very difficult which is where the mosler shines. If you chose the mosler, your MO should be to stay close and makeup ground in the rest of the track and then try to draft and stay close in the long straight and force an error. Otherwise I don't see how you'll get by someone that's driving decent lines.

I first started driving the Seat and it seemed beastish. It's a shame as I wanted to like this one. I think I'll give her another try this weekend as I don't think I was hitting my lines as well as I was with the other cars. When moving on to the BMW, it seemed like it was definitely more tame and strong in the straights. The Sunred also was fast in the straight and I didn't spend enough time with it to get the "feel". I figure it will be equally a good competitor here.

The next one that I'll test will be the Corvette. It may be the perfect blend of speed and balance through the turns. Then we'll have lots to chose from. The Mosler which is the low powered control car, the vette which could be a good blend (pending testing) and the Seat, Sunred and BMW on the power end of things.

This is going to be a fun race!!!

Great races last night! A fine track for Mini's, maybe an enduro there someday?

Q: As usual I did my best while carrying a race load of fuel. Why, I'd prefer to have someone to catch rather than have someone faster behind me. We'll see how that works out.

R1: Not a great start but still in the hunt at T1. Explosive action coming out of T4 and I slide to and fro into a lead[gulp]. Lou is right there with me and we try to hold off Eric but he has his way with us. Low and I go back n forth, close calls, touches and some nice passes too. One touch was aa bit too much, I'm glad his suspension didn't get hurt much. Unfortunately, that really hurt me as I dropped back two places and tires wouldn't let me catch up.

R2: A clean shot at T1 from the inside and I'm in the lead again[awfully early]. In no time Jerrod is in my mirrors and he's bobbing around there for the next three plus laps. FINALLY, he's by but sos is Eric, James and Lou. I fight to catch Lou but my tires have sizzled trying to keep Jerrod at bay: I did a REALLY fast lap while doing that but tires have their limits. All I can do is drive the limit of this car to the end.

R3: I bumped up the tires pressures a tad. A P4 start has me in the right place. James is wide out of the sweeping T4 and I'm P3. Eric and Jerrod drive away JAmes is tucked in behind me hoping for an opening, I'm torn, I can let him by and have a nice drive, I can give him room at times and hope that they're at times that he can use the road or I can forget that he's there and just keep driving till he goes by. The fun guy in me says, don't push the fight. The racer says keep him at bay. The Mini is going well with the new tire pressures so I concentrate on my breathing, I also gave a bit more room than I was giving Jerrod. Into L8 and he's still behind me. A nudge at the bend of the back straight has James practicing fairness and gives Lou a chance to catch us but and on L9 he slips in between us. JAmes is on the case and right back behind me. Lou keeps close till his tires go gummi on L10. L11. last turn, I goof, James goes by me on the front straight and[AND] I blow the first turn. I think I had something for him on the last lap but after that last bit, all I could do was get close. Great drive James!

Thanks for the track pick Eric and to RD too!

It's still a race setup btw.
For Q offcourse put SS and lower the wings to 5/25 wings.

Cool - thanks. I hope I get a chance to try those settings before super qual tonight. I really like the set up, it is not far away from what suits my drivinng style atall. Although I am having to adjust y style a bit for the F1 cars. I like a car that turns in hard and then the back drifts on throttle out of corner, but you cant do taht in my experiencec with the F1 cars...they just lose grip and spin on you.

Can't thank you enough for the setup though. If it wasn't for you letting me use it, I would be so far off the pace, or quick and spinning every lap!!!

See you tonight.

Lets look at expanding Jarrod's point about car performance here.

I'll list all the cars for Mosport's race by HP / Weight ratio. The # given is #of pounds / HP. ie 1200kg / 600bhp = 2.0 kg per hp

Spyker= 2.33
BMW = 2.36
Seat = 2.30
Marcos = 2.26
Mosler = 2.5
Sunred = 2.23
vette = 2.32

I fthis were to be the winning formula, then the Sunred is the car to beat. BUt we all know that handling and aerodynamic efficiency play a big part in the performance of the car!

I tested 4 cars: same fuel load of 30L.

Here are my times: BMW M3 1:17.462 Vette: 1:17.444 Sunred 1:17.564 MOsler 1:17.730

Impressions: the BMW was barely adjusted compared to the others. It was still understeering quite a bit. It has atleast .5 in it from setup work alone.
The VETTE was good to drive but it doesn't have much letf in the setup for me. The SUNRED could be a monster little car but it's twitchy and scary on thie track. I couldn't get it to settle down and carve like a knife. The MOSLER is fun to drive but it won't set quick lap. It's simply to big and underpowered to compete here.

My choice will be the vette or Bimmer. Frankly you'll see me tweeking the bimmer and using that for my choice I think.

I uploaded my Time Attck file if you want to use it for reference!

All my setups for all 4 cars are in the online files section and feel free to try them out.

hmmm for my firt race here...very nice i think

Qualifying i love superpole lot's of concentration....i placed 6 just behind may felow contryman David Zafiu(my friend also)in race 1 first 9 car honda's....where are the bmw?chevy's?volvo;s?

Race 1 god start.first cornets trying not to bumpe or get bumped...then by accident i was second with David...just could;t keep up the Java spone in front of me..i tried to avoid him an spone my self and came out 11...middle of the race tried hard to have a good pace...but dind;t ..lot's of mistakes.all most to the finisht i was trying hard to get to 8 place...but failed misarable..

Race 2 start from 9 ,again behine my friend David :) realyu bad start to 12 in first corner..the all hell get lose..i got bumped ,pushed,intimidated allot..i also did allot of mystake when i tried to push...finaly got in the ditch where i ramained for the rest of the race

Java is a bit aggresive..but i think that;s racing...i'll try to get use to it.i;m not so fast...but for first race i'm hapy

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to the race tonight. This is one of my favorite tracks in NFS shift. Hopefully I can stay in the game long enough to actually race this time. This will be my 3rd club race so far and I have not finished one yet:frown:. Hopefully that will change tonight:thumbup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back