RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Servername: RaceDepartment.com TCC
Class: WTCC 08 Except the Volvo C30
Track: Warwick Farm
Weather: dry
Practice: 20 minutes (20:00 GMT)
Qualification: 15 minutes
Warmup: 5 minutes
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Special note: The Volvo C30 can't be picked as it have an unfair advantage over the other cars.

William no probs. Next time just sit in the garage for the first race. YOu will grid for race 2 when it opens up. once you leave the server, your locked out.

Hope this clears it up for ya. I did it so don;t feel silly man!

Look forward to seeing you in the next event you can join!

Entry list:
  1. Nicolas Hamilton
  2. Péter Bártfai
  3. Pieter Theron
  4. David Zafiu
  5. Mark Guy
  6. Hugo Gonçalves
  7. Erling Bøhmer
  8. Simon Gardner
  9. Remco de Wildt
  10. Michal Szabo
  11. Bob Hutchins
  12. Aaron Poulson
  13. Barry Morse
  14. Matt Clark
  15. János Ócsai
  16. Andreas Skotner
  17. Tor Anders Berven
  18. John Brown
  19. Marius Neverauskas
  20. Martin Maaskant
  21. Luis Madeira
  22. Nuno Areias
  23. Jari Aikio
  24. Arno Hoog
  25. Rickard Javanainen
Reserve:
  1. Bram Hengeveld
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver

Okay, did some testing. I ran a 1.18.4ish in the mosler and it was easy to drive. I did only minor setup changes here. The problem with the mosler here is that the long uphill straight stretch will cost you about .333 seconds versus the BMW and the Sunred. It makes some of it back in other parts as it seems to handle the fast turns better. It's an easier car to drive here (as usual). The BMW was my fastest car of the night. I hit a 1.18.2ish with this one. I think I could drop into the 1.17s with this car. It's slightly harder to drive than the mosler but has bigger powerplant under the hood. It's sporting something like 700 horses vs 640 for the mosler... If i remember correcly. I also tried the Sunred and it was just as fast as the BMW but harder for me to control. Also tried the Seat which could be fast here due to the power but had a hard time controlling her.

I'm not a setup guy and only made minor tweaks to these setups before driving so if you know how to setup a car to your liking, any of these 4 could be viable with the mosler definetly being the comfortable ride of the bunch. I'm personally leaning toward the BMW right now but will drive more later. I put my BMW setup online in case anyone wants to try it. It's nothing special but it's a start. There are also online ghost laps in the 1.17 range that will show you a great line and good pace if you ever use the time trial mode to learn a track.

I did this testing in time trial mode so I could get a good feel for the relative speed of each car.

Very nice post, Ross! And even better since you just made me famous :)

Ross said:
cadwell4.png

Oh Yea! What a great racing stuff on that nice track! Was my first time on Cadwell and i liked it very much.

Qualifying: I managed to get 5th spont on the grid after super-pole. Kinda like the super-pole! :smile:

Race1: I was following the guys in front of me when Remco touches Ross and both of them spin out of the track allowing me to gain 2nd place behind Javainen.After 3 more laps,Java made a mistake wich thakes him out of the track on the chicane and i was now the leader.Untill lap 8,Ross and Java who were chasing me,step by step they were closer and closer to me (3 sec diff i think) but after lap 8 i started to go away from them and the gap was encreasing. Finaly i managed to finish first with my tires very very warm.It was a miracle that it won't blow.I was driving with deafult setup anyway. :smile:

Race2: I started from place 8.After first lap i was allready on 5 because i overtaked Java imediatly after the start as my start was better and then another 2 guys who crashed trying to overtake eachother. After 2-3 more laps i gained 4th position behind Remco and started to close the gap between me and the podium guys but in that large corner up on the hill i touched the grass with rear wheels and spin into the barriers wich gived me a suspension damage and i was driving with the wheel turned a little bit to the left.I managed to defent my position and in last lap,with 3 corners before finish,Remco gets disconected and i finished 3rd.

Overall it was one of my best racing night here at RaceDepartment(RD is the only comunity where i play :biggrin:). Nice,clean and fairplay race wich i liked a lot. Thanks to Yves also for this awsome race and Ross for those superb pictures! Don't remember well who was saying that all of us crashed into the ditch at some point,i was just to say: i didn't crash in the ditch,but i crashed the wall :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%