RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

OK guys here's another request from the home office.

Go out and scout up a custom skin your going to use for this event and post a link here by Sunday Night. We need to start getting some variety in the looks of the events and we have too many drivers now to run off the stock materials.

There are many great skins here at RD DOWNLOADS or No Grip Racing also has a nice library!

Git r dun!

Fandamnit ... I asks for it, and I gets it ... but then the rubbish part - I am not 100% I can make it next week ... got my brother and his family here for next coupla weeks so put me in as a "he really really wants to race and will do what he can to make it with 90% certainty" will you ;-))

EDIT ... 42ºC sounds like its gonna be like driving in the rain after a couple of laps :eek: ... you tried this out already Eric? Not questioning your judgement just kinda curious what it does the the tyres, and since I have never tried to mess with the weather files for a dedi server, I got no way of finding out for myself till next week :wink:

Fandamnit ... I asks for it, and I gets it ... but then the rubbish part - I am not 100% I can make it next week ... got my brother and his family here for next coupla weeks so put me in as a "he really really wants to race and will do what he can to make it with 90% certainty" will you ;-))

EDIT ... 42ºC sounds like its gonna be like driving in the rain after a couple of laps :eek: ... you tried this out already Eric? Not questioning your judgement just kinda curious what it does the the tyres, and since I have never tried to mess with the weather files for a dedi server, I got no way of finding out for myself till next week :wink:

WE have been driving in those conditions with the F1 for a while:) You might need more than just 1 pit stop:)

Barber is in Brimingham, but it is confusing. I'll download the track and have a look here in a bit. I know Barber pretty well. :smile:

Edit: From the description for the download. Doh! :redface:

"The Barber Motorsports Park is a large multi-purpose racing facility on a 740 acre (300 hectare) site in Birmingham, Alabama. The site, which is located on the eastern fringes of the city, near Leeds, features a 2.3 mile road track with 16 turns, viewable from several naturally wooded or grass-covered banks. The track has hosted numerous motorsport races including Grand Am Cup and Vintage Racing Series events, and serves as the home of the "Porsche Driving Experience"."

in race 1 i hit the wall at eau rouge
in race 2 i had a reasonable race until richard trange who had flat tire or broken suspension went off and came back on the RACING LINE and i had to avoid him. which cost me my race
Come on peeps if you have a problem dont wack the car on the RACING LINE ... for the moment im done with racing to be honoust. Those club races are getting more and more wreckraces

thanks RD for hosting

Got to agree with Bjorn, I'm not witnessing the racing I was used to when I joined RD.

Qually - 17th (DOH!)

Disaster! Kept making mistakes and when I was finally on a good lap (+2.5 which would of put me 6th) the game went next session when I was on the last corner.

Race 1 - 4th

Got a great start and was very careful not to tap anyone who got a bad start. With all the mass chaos I jumped to 6th. I tapped into Jay (Really Sorry!) and was up to 5th. I was surpringly catching the leaders and caught Richard Trange and was up to 4th. I tried my best to catch David but he was too fast for me. I settled for 4th.

Race 2 - 12th (DOH! X2)

Well, what can I say. I was up to 3rd after a good start and set about Richard and Peter for the lead. I caught Peter and tapped him slightly to get passed (sorry) but I got a few taps back so It was all good typical touring car racing. I soon got passed by David and was 3rd. But after David made and error I passed Richard and David and took the lead into the last corner. However this didnt last long as Simon shunted me off, and I was down to 10th (He waited) I got suspension trouble which made the car undriveable in heavy rain conditions. I made lots of mistakes and finished 12th, not very happy with myself. I also didnt like some of the crashes and comments on chat. At the end of the day its a club race and nothing serious. I think some guys forgot that.

Thanks to Ivo and to RD for this. Cant wait for next week's event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%