RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

race one where awsome had a great start and could gain 2 slots in lap 7 or so at the end of lap 1 i was 3rd behind my teammates
Yves and Nigel. at lap 7 i made a mistake at the uphill part in sector 1 and lost 3 places could fast gain one of this 3 places back
but in lap 9 i made a good friendchip with the Bridge wich ended my race

race2 i had a bad start nearly spun it but could catch it as a c6r came across the track wich tok me out as i was already full throttle in
2nd gear ripped of both frontwheels the nose and replaced my engien to the passenger seat :(

tuff race....quli just couldn't make a strong lap..i was cappable of 1.22.3 but only mange 1.24.5 so i was in 9 place

RACE 1 i had a good start in p7 i think in first corner.then after the fast right someone spon and i hittem in full,so realy easy i got to pitstop,where i did the repairs and i got a stop&go for speeding,so next lap i stoped again,finaly i was pushing a little but 10th was 1min30sec away...so i just wanted to get her to finish.i got 10th finaly,someone crashed.
RACE 2 not so good start from 10 to 12 in first but imediatly i go to 8 then 7 then 6 after some crashes in front of me,in first lap i took the left hand corner the 1 gear realy bad so an red audi was gaining on me,but there was coming the fast lefthander so when i saw he wasn;t baking of..i did,but he still pushed me sideways...and i lost 3 places.when i got my ritm i saw that i was faster than the 3 in fron so i tried to push but with full tank..dind;t quite got my limits right so i crashed.

i now i'm not the fastestes but some people need to be less agresive.im not reffering to red audi..in generaly.i'm realy looking foword to finish in points cause i;m sick of dnf and outside points.

to sume up.nice track a bit powerfull cars,,great time

oof this turned out to be the MONSTER race I had envisioned!

Short of it for me was a 3rd in R1 after battling VERY hard with Michael Herrmann. We would gain or lose each laop in different places. VEry exciting! IN the end Michael goes AGRO coming off the tight laft up the hill leaving the village and I am gifted P3.

Race 2 I geta good start and running in P5 when I put the car into neutral for the very slow left after the chicane bridge. Rip off the front cover, bend the suspension and puncyure a tire. Limp a very long way to get =it fixed. Finish P6!

I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did! It's a classic road race of days gone by. When men were men and you wore a scarf over your face to keep the road grime off your mug.

POssibly gonna do a mini endurance evnt here in the future with the SPORT or CLUB class.

Thanks to those of you who joined up from Europe in the WEEEEE HOURS! YOu guys Rock and are always welcome to join up!

For you American Club regulars we have some other great stuff on tap this week! Hope you can get out here and have a go at another event!

Cheers!

Maybe my worst showing at this track, 2 DNF's.

In afternoon practice I had settled on a car, in quandry during evening practice. Qualified with two cars, picked one.

R1: I hit one of the lead haybales in the villiage on L1, out of the race, irrepairable damage.

R2: Having a good race with Fernando until the car got squirelly on brakes at the left hander on L4, off to the pits I go for aero and a new tire. Back on track with really cold tires, taking it easy and I take a trip behind one of the fences in the villiage. I get back on track behind Corey and ride with him for two laps untill once more I have a squirrelly car at the left hander. On my way to the pit I end up straddling a berm just before the bridge, race over.

Thanks RD and Eric for the race!

6_1.jpg

Servername: RaceDepartment.com GTP
Class: GT-Pro
Track: Bahrain -> download
Weather: Dry but HOT - 42 degree Celsius
Practice: 15 minutes to join ( 19:00 GMT ) - Server will be setup the evening before to practice
Qualification: 15 minutes Superpole
Warmup: 10 minutes
Race: 20 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Race Results can be found here after the race -> RESULTS

Entry List

1. Driver: Dave Stephenson
  2. Driver: Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  3. Driver: Ross McGregor
  4. Driver: Bob Hutchins
  5. Driver: Michael Herrmann -> skin
  6. Driver: Marcel vd Aa -> skin
  7. Driver: Warren Dawes
  8. Driver: Nigel Atkins -> skin
  9. Driver: Freddie Besems
  10. Driver: Chris Sykes
  11. Driver:
  12. Driver:
  13. Driver:
  14. Driver:
  15. Driver:
  16. Driver:
  17. Driver:
  18. Driver:
  19. Driver:
  20. Driver:
  21. Driver:
  22. Driver:
  23. Driver: Lee Downham

First off, sorry about the mess at the start of race 2. Got a much better start than Theman in front of me. I tried to swerve and go around him, but it was to late and rear ended him, causing a bit of a domino effect. Really sorry guys. I wanted to pull over after T1 and wait, but got a little help from someone sending me out behind the bleachers. Took me a while to find my way back onto the track as I was stuck behind a wall. lol. I consider that immediate punishment. :tongue:

Qualy: Couldn't put a good lap together for one reason or another and clocked in at 2:20.3 I think. This put me 4th on the grid.

Race 1: Didn't get the best of starts and was spinning the rears like crazy, allowing Micheal past before even getting to T1. I then made a small mistake in the fast chicane and had to concede a spot to Eric. I held the gap to Eric pretty consistent at 3 seconds for a few laps. Would gain in the slower sections and lose it all again down the straights. I eventually made another mistake and the gap now sat at about 5.5 seconds for a few laps. With about 3 to go or so I slowed my pace down a bit as it was unlikely I would catch Eric and had a 20+ second gap to those behind me. I finished 4th.

Race 2: With the reverse grid I was now starting from 5th. Got an excellent start and tried to maneuver around Theman, but reacted way to slow and got into the back of him, spinning him around and causing a bit of chaos for those behind. I tried to pull over after the first turn and wait for Theman, but I got a bit of nudged as I let off the throttle and went for a bit of an off road adventure through the crowd. When I tried to re enter I found myself stuck behind a wall, so I had to backtrack a bit to get back on track. I was now a good 30 seconds down in last. Pushing hard now, I was quickly gaining ground on those ahead. However, as I was coming through the fast chicane I suddenly saw Caramiduru's broken C6R stranded at the exit of the chince on the racing line. With no where to go, I T-Boned him hard coming to a complete stop. My top speed was now down from 285+ to just 270 km/h. Regardless I kept pressing on and with 5 to go I was 28 seconds down on Fernando in 4th. I was cutting his lead down by a few seconds each lap and was within a second of him with less than half a lap to go. I crossed the line in 5th roughly 4 tenths down. Very exciting last lap. :biggrin:

Thanks to Eric and RD for putting this event on for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%