RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well that was a baptism of fire:redface:

Hindsight suggests I'd have been better not running my first race on a circuit edged by walls. I crashed badly in race one and thought I'd be OK in two, but it was not to be so.

Turned in to a bit of a demolition derby between the walls, my bent race 1 steering and me.

The BMW somehow managed to cross the line in the second race a bit like Herby the Beetle when he has had a thrashing. Everything scraping on the road and nothing working as it should......

....see you all at the next one :D

I agree that some of the replays could make a great movie. What do you guys use to make them as I would like to make an attempt at a little one. I could make a little movie for myself that would show how not to pass ( Stefan at Mosport and Riverside ), how to almost pass (Stefan at brno), and how to make a pass.
lol... Sam, I use Fraps to capture the footage and Windows Movie Maker to edit as I don't have Premier on this machine. Then I usually convert the outputted wmv to an mp4 using Xillisoft Video Converter 3, in order to reduce the filesize to something a bit more reasonable for uploading.

I too was thinking this would be an excellent opportunity for a vid. :)

And speaking of unfinished business at Mosport.

Great event! Today I wasn't sure if I should enter this event. I arrived home from work not much before start and was quite tired, there were two option: sleep or race. Gladly i chose the second.:letsgoracing:
I was not on the top today. Practiced yesterday and could run low 2:05's constantly with a feel that there could be a second better hot lap. Today only managed mid 2:06's during practice and qualy.
Race 1: started as 7th I couldn't move forward waited for an opportunity. in the 4th corner Pieter lost control just in front of me and he spun. I had no escape way and not enough space and grip to slow down so I bumped into him then hit the wall. Rejoined as 11th maybe. Started to chase the drivers in front of me some I overtook normally, some had crash and I passed them by. Tried to run for the 4th place but it was in the second half of the race, the tired got very worn out and I spun once. Pulled back from the pace, the goal was to finish.
Race 2: starting from 4th with a good start the two BMW's (Pieter and me) just pulled out. RWD power, mate!!!:cool:
I started attacking Pieter instantly. He lost control in the 4th corner again, so I was at 1st pos. WHHHAT??? Am I leading an RD race??? Heartbeat is up. Knew that faster drivers are behind me. Got a little bit disoriented watched the mirrors to many times. First Dan tried to outbreak me, but he missed and lost grip. Than Michael overtook me at the first chicane. I tried to stay close at his back, but with my rhino reflex I didn't brake in time, so bumped into him (Sorry again). Gladly Ivo helped and bumped him back to the right direction:wink:
Not much later at the exit of the slowest corner my leg gone digital (on/off) over the gas pedal. Result was a spin. At a very bad place, had to use the whole track to turn back into direction, and couldn't see if anyone is coming into the corner. Gladly nothing bad happened. After this the situation was the same as in the first race. Chasing and overtaking. Had same fun with Omer.:) Finished 4th.

Too bad that many of you lost connection:frown:
Simon: your lag was very funny. It started as a russian roulette game: where will your car pop up next time... Then your car started taking the chicanes with light speed...

Thanks for the event!

Hi János, TBH I was all over the show bar the stage (road) where it really counted. That corner is just one BIG magnet as Bram's "GTR3" screenshot thread so I couldn't stay away :love-over:

Side Note: I think we should look at the replay from all angles because sure enough Xavier had his car on rails and I saw it with my own eyes :pray:

Thanks for the event Ivo so have a drink on me tonight :drink:

Haha! We will name that corner after you. "Pieter's nightmare" or something like that!:banana:
Do I remember well, that you promised something before race?:tongue:

Xavier: you should know that instant glue is not allowed on the tire surface according to FIA homologisation...:D
Great car control, mate!

O man so glad I added the "...well maybe not promise :pray:" at the end otherwise I might have been in trouble tonight. Whew that was close..

Xavier really did very well on a tight circuit with the BMW, hats off to the fella :)

Haha! We will name that corner after you. "Pieter's nightmare" or something like that!:banana:
Do I remember well, that you promised something before race?:tongue:

Xavier: you should know that instant glue is not allowed on the tire surface according to FIA homologisation...:D
Great car control, mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years