RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well Michael its a mandator pitstop. You can see in race that there is a certain window between to laps.
For example 20 lap race then you see in the top right corner (standard HUD layout) the laps you have to pit in between lap 4-10.
In these laps you have to change at least 2 tyres. Doesn't matter what tyres. Same as ATCC.

Turned up a little late and I didn't manage to get a qualifying lap in as I was out of practice so I started from the back in 20th.

Got a great start but those ahead of me did not and someone didn't get away at all so I had to take it real easy. I was braking nice and early into all the corners, mainly taking positions due to other peoples mistakes. Then into turn 11 (right hander in that mini complex after the two straights) I broke a little late, saw I was heading for a ram so I dived into the wall and grass to avoid the ram and just managed to stop before the hay bales. I then got tapped into them by someone who made the same mistake as me :D From there on in it was a case of doing the 6 laps without any mistakes, something I didn't manage. I drifted round turn 4 twice but on the third time I lost it and broke my splitter. Car was going +10 mph faster but taking off on the straight and not being able to turn made me pit. Finished 12th in the end.

Race 2 saw me get a good start again but I had no where to go so I held position. Got to the head of my pack through some nice overtaking if I say so myself and headed onto the straight. Couldn't get a decent tow off the leading pack and I got caught by C6R so he passed me. From then on in I drove a careful race and thanks to other people's mistakes, got into 4th and managed to get on the back of Yves, after he once again sent me round the outside of a corner after he had span :frown: A mixture of trying to be smart and not wanting to risk my position meant I didn't overtake him down the straight so I settled down for the final two laps to get 4th. I might have done better if I wasn't really tired and if I didn't have a massive oil stain on my windscreen. It was in the worst place possible, bang in the middle and it got in the way whenever I looked for my braking point or the apex of corners :frown: Still, gained 8 places in each race so I am happy with the night. Good racing all :)

Attachments

• Nightmare.jpg
    Nightmare.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 240
Peter thats just horrible! My keyboard would be in the wall like a knife had it been 4:30 AM.............

Q well I banged up the car and had to hit the garage. Q'd mid field and realize it was juts as good as 4th ATM.

R1: opening lap is fun! tight driving and lots of tense moments! Peter and I get away pretty clean from lap 2 on. I bump draft Peter twice rather than pass on lap 3 to get us distance and maybe fight for 2nd later. I punt Peter pretty hard at one point inthe braking zone offof Mulsanne. He keeps it together and I have a bit of front damage. We race on and he makes the mistake and I am inside .3 for a bit. I lose it big off Mulsanne and spin to relinquish my spots to Abdul and Tyler? I regain when Abdul is off a short bit later. Peter Discos asn I am P3! Ok thats good!

R2 I make a gearing change and ruin my car. what a dummy! Why fiddle woth a 3rd place car? I get a good start and am up to 4th form 6th. We are all clean coming out to the looooong straight. I Bump Draft Yves past Tyler, Syefan comes hurtling down the outside and we touch briefly. No body wrecks at 200! I slide a bit wide exiting Mulsanne. I come back into the racing line and get a smack from Stefan who doesn;t see me. I get a spin going and hit someone and have a punctured right front. NOOOOOOOOO1 I try to pit twice and the crew doesn;t fix my car? what? OH yeah you idiot you have to select hat yo want them to fix in green! When the pit board writing is RED, you don;t get service.

I come around a 3rd time to pit. I get off hard at the end of Mulsanne. I finally get the car on the curbing pijnted down track adn poor Tyler makes contact with me! I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY MAN! I was trying to keep jst the epftside tires on the orad so I could go after yo passed by.

So I finish 13th or 14th. I am sad but thats racing! Se ya next week!

\Gota give a big SHOUT OUT to the following Euro guys for racing with us in the weee weee wee hours!

Peter Bartfai
gary Lennon
Yuri Braham
Abdul Ahmed
thanks for showing up to an ARC event on a work night! your always welcome so please stop in again soon!

Once a configuration of Limerock Park, the mountain was a part of the original plans for the full circuit. However, costs among other things, prohibited the actual developement of this section. YOu can race it now in game and it's a pretty demanding layout. Do you take a car that handles superbly? Or do you go for the power on that loooooong straight?

Entry List:

1. Eric "hometown boy" Nelson
  2. Yves Larose
  3. Tyler Scurlock
  4. Abdul Ahmed
  5. Eric Dennis
  6. Eric Estes
  7. James Fellows
  8. Dennis Phelan
  9. Glenn Petersen
  10. Sam Mehler
  11. Hansi Josefson