WTCC 06/07/STCC/08 @ Sturup - Wednesday May 19th 2010

Matt Clark

100RPM
Every race I do I get someone moaning at me, I'm starting to get pissed off with it, the amount of times I got rammed off the track yeterday or the pillark that was sideways on across the pitlane entrance in the first race or the guy that just decided to
ram me without braking and then quit out in the 2nd race, u don't hear me
moaning at admin about it, I think people just need to learn to accept bad race and be done with it and move
on, people talk on here as though people are ramming into people on purpose, 25 cars on track for 30 mins
cars are guna crash into people,

Matt Clark

100RPM
Im not reporting people for everytime I get punted off, we are mostly adults here and we should all know how o behave on the track, I've done 11 races here and i've had hassle after pretty much everyone. Just makes me peed off and losing the drive
to race

Paulo Ribeiro

Animals and Racing Lover
Dan, I just can't imagine driving and racing without a rear mirror. If someone can't drive with it, then race offline. Simple!

As for the event and some driver's behavior, it was just ridiculous some things I saw and I was involved in.
Of course we can/should report, but we have the right aswell to talk about it to all members, they have the right to know what is happening.
Some had a lovely, relax, crash free race but others had not and we have the right to post it, however without pointing fingers.
Last (almost) two years racing at RD, I have more good than bad nights, fortunately, however I found many time ago that WTCC is useless
to race if you don't start at the front, some Mario Kart behavior from a few fellows that ruins a nice race. My personel experience.

Ivo Simons

10000RPM
Im not reporting people for everytime I get punted off, we are mostly adults here and we should all know how o behave on the track, I've done 11 races here and i've had hassle after pretty much everyone. Just makes me peed off and losing the drive
to race
Clearly some people dont know how to behave on track. And imo it is the duty of other drivers to report it.
For themself and other drivers in the future.

Remember guys - careless/unthinking driving is just as bad as malicious. That needs correcting also - so report it!

Most guys just need a PM to clear the air. Tbh though Matt you already have three out of five infractions - that is not helping your cause - you are going to have to be squeaky clean, else the reputation will stay and you eventually it will see reported more and more and you will eventually be suspended from the Racing Club, which is what happens when you reach five infractions.

It's not a threat of any sorts - just a reminder - nobody wants to see anyone banned. Unless they were like Hitler or someone :D

Can you imagine that Hitler Blasting round a track in VW Beatlle. The pit crew on the radio what corrner are you at Adolf. Adolf replys "nine nine"

A little light comedy to clear the air.

Matt Clark

100RPM
Yea I hav infractions so people are just seeing that and reporing me
for every little thing, that's why I have them, people saw I have one and then they just think they shall report me again just because I have some, the first 2 I should not hve got anyway but obviously as I'm fairly new on here I don't get no slack at all

Well, in fact it has absolutely nothing to do with whether you are new or not. Andreas and myself have been here for years and also have infractions. It is all based purely on facts and assessed by a panel of 21 people.

21!! All from different countries and cultures so there's definitely no discrimnation there :)

Matt Clark

100RPM
Well I'm guna drop it for now cos there no point, but does the rule still stand about the half a cars length ahead into the corner u giv way?

All situations differ - the club is not designed to be a competitive environment, it is designed for clean and sporting racing. That is the whole point - if you beat someone by unsporting means in the club what is the point? So you gain a few ranking points but then you lose reputation and face once the incident is likely reported (this is not directed at you, Matt, more the 'Royal You' :D). So if you feel that an unsporting move was pulled on you then report it - it is no biggie.

There is nothing to win in the club but the satisfaction of winning your own fair fights, whether it be for 20th position or for 1st. It is a cliche but the club is all about fun - the infraction system is there not to make things more serious but to pull the standards of driving back up, which we had seen dip, with the trough that was the Dijon event. Do people really get much satisfaction from succeeding through cheating?

It doesn't really matter whether you feel like a whiner to report an incident - take 15 minutes to make a video (or even just give a timestamp) and the staff will review, vote and give their thoughts. Racing incidents of course happen and currently approximately half of reports are seen exactly that way. We are not harsh at all to be honest.

Racing Club = sportsmanship.

Top Bottom