RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

im getting minidumps offline but it happened once where i got em offline but not online so it could be fine but if were getting minidumps then i think we wont be able to do it.

suggestion [if possible]: change track?

I get a mini dump everytime I start steam for the first time after rebooting my PC or after my PC has run it's scans.

There should not be any need to change the track. The Porsche's ran around here the other week without any issues as far as I am aware. I think the issue is with your PC or you are getting the same as me..

Another useless pair of races...

Race 1 was ok till i spun, finished 11th.

Race 2 was great, running up in 6th. Then spun again down to 12th...getting really fed up of spinning in races, especially after yesterdays DTM race. Then hit out the way, down to 17th..then spun again.

Hate spinning out, hate the lack of traction control in fairly powerful rear wheel drive cars, especially in slow corners - its where i lose the most amount of time cos i cant get the power down easily and carefully with a controller.

Still getting used to these cars. Tried some completely different setup, the things you can setup. And got meself a Pors which had understeer and no outbreaking from the back. (some corners excepted but that is when i let go the power)

1st race had some good view from top 6 drivers in last round, beiing lapped.

2nd race had a close fight with János Ócsai
i believe, which he won. (lost my car twice, then i couldnt follow anymore)

Hope to find me good setup for next race.

Had some good racing again

Quali: p15
Race 1: P9
Race 2: P14, after taken out in lap 2 (will file an incident report for that one) i got with my nose in the wrong direction, so needed to wait for everybody to pass and rejoin race as last, From there had some nice racing, getting closer to Frans every lap and passed him after a tiny mistake 2 laps before the end. In the last 2 laps i made up 6 seconds to Chris S. but i wasnt enough to pass him, so i got home on his bumper.

See you next time guys :)

Quali : P4
Race 1 : P18, someone hit me in the first lap and I go back to 19th position. After a little moment, I overtake some people but someone hit me again and broke my splitter. I must only repair this and back again to the last position.
Race 2 : P9

Lot of fun despite of some incident which ruin my race.

Thanks RD and Hugo for this event.

Very bad event for me :frown:

Q was ok, P10

In the first race my FFB had failed:confused: and I got turned around into T2, I esc to try and fix it

Race 2, start last:) FFB not fixed:frown: so i decided to see how I could do without it, it was going so so until I came down to "that corner" LH brake downhill Sharp RH then LH, I was following two cars closely and had braked a little late, as they turned in there was a stationary car on the exit! I could not see it until it was too late and I was already under steering wide! I ran into him:frown:

I'm so sorry m8 I was powerless to prevent it:frown: I tried I really did!

I'll be back after the FPes season has finished for some fun (not that I had much tonight)

Edit: Having watched the replay I see now the stationary car was not "stationary" it was reversing back towards the apex and me! I feel slightly vindicated now but still upset:frown:

Oh and I forgot to say thanks to Hugo for organising the event and grats to the winners:)

Jim

Thx Hugo for the even! Nice track choice. Problem was that this track needs a lot of practice to go fairly well (for me at least).
I lost connection twice, one in practice, second in the middle of qualy. Sorry for chatting after that was a bit disoriented. Continued running qualy laps, but needed a lot of time to realize that I forgot to reset the setup. After that I managed to run one hotlap only.
Race 1: started well moved up the ladder mostly because of crashe in front of me. Then the regaining faster drivers started to chase me. I held on for a while, defended my position but then the inevitable happened. i made an error. Lost traction at fairly low speed, but managed to turn the car upside down. In the second half of the race I had very bad grip on front tires, I made some errors when I overcompensated the understeer with throttle. Meanwhile my sister was arguing with me that the volume is too high she wants to sleep...:poke: finished P20.
Race 2: good start again, but in T4 I casued an accident. In front of Ludovic there was a pile up, so he hit the brakes hard early. I followed him with a bit of latency and steered the car to the side. The problem was that he did the same. I could avoid the crash with more experience. If I would have released the brakes more, there would have been more grip for turning. Sorry Ludovic!:frown:
Later I had some fight with Freddie. Finished I don't know where because a lot of people left the game...

Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, USA
7 June 2010

GT Pro Division

Practice: I begin at the top of the list and try each of the cars in turn. After a few laps in each, I narrow down to 3, the C6R, SR7 and the Egg. Continuing with testing and with 1 hour left before qualifying I decide on the Corvette. Plenty of power, and with a little more tweaking I might be able to keep it on track. I manage some middle of the pack times but I become increasingly disenchanted with the car. Maybe it was the medication I was on, but I switched to the Egg with 20 minutes to go. I pull up the setup I used at Brno, change some gearing and run a few laps. I match my Vette times, but the car is more comfortable.

Qualifying: I am out early so as to avoid traffic and feel out the grip on lap 1. The car feels good and I log a mid 2:01 for a grid spot of 10th. That's what I expected. I know how the starts can go and with these cars, on this track, a clean run through thefirst turn can net some postitions. I check the quali results and who is around me. This is the lineup for race 1:
1st - Cristian Haba in a Viper. A fast driver in a fast car. I don't figure I'll be racing him in race 1, unless I'm moving over for him to lap me.
2nd - Keith Barrick in the Corvette. Should give Cristian some competition.
3rd - Saul Boucher in the Audi. Also fast.
4th - Tyler Scurlock in the Lister.
5th - Yves Larose in the Koenigsegg. Another driver that can win in any car he drives.
6th - Sam Mehler in the Corvette. When not DNF'ing he's usually on the podium.
7th - Eric Nelson in the Saleen. Fast and aggressive.
8th - Stefan Werner in the Audi.
9th - Yuri Braham in the Aston Martin.
10th - Myself
11th - Corey Theman in the Aston Martin. Corey and I are typically in the same neighborhood during a race.
12th - Sam Ventura in the Viper. New to the scene, and learning quickly.
13th - William Nowell in the Corvette.
14th - Joseph Edgar in the Lister. A relatively new face on the grid.
15th - Eric Dennis in the Audi.
16th - Eric Estes in the Lister.
17th - John Reznik in the Lister. Also a newcomer.
18th - Peter Bartfai in the lone Gumpert.

Race 1: I get a decent start off the line and Eric Dennis and I drag to turn 1. There is chaos ahead, as expected, and dust fills the air as cars go off into the sand. I ease up into the turn and let Eric move ahead. This gives Peter, who had a head of steam, move to my outside and into the sand. Meanwhile, Eric Nelson crosses the track and into the wall on the right. Bearing down into turn two, I'm inside with Sam Ventura and John Reznick behind me. I lift to allow Stefan Werner the line and get a tap from John. I move into 9th postion after William and Corey tangle in T5. I get wide going through the carousel and my left rear goes off just enough to cause me to slide across the track. I keep it forward and enter the track in 13th, behind Eric "Batman" Nelson and ahead of William Nowell. John Reznik is in the sandtrap at T12 and I move into 12th. Sam Mehler is off in the sand at T14 and I'm in 11th.

Lap 2 and it seems everyone has settled down to race. I've got Peter in front of me and Sam in the mirror. Joseph goes wide in T6 after the Toyota bridge and comes back on in front of me. I press him hard, not wanting to let him settle back in. At T8, Sam - I think - misses his brake point a dives into my right side. We both slide into the sand. I keep it in gear and motor out of the sand and back onto the track in 10th as Joseph goes for another ride to the walls. I finish lap 2 in 10th but with Sam Mehler still digging hard and closing fast.

Lap 3: Exiting T1 I get a bit of a scare as Sam Ventura's disabled Viper is sitting on the track in the groove. I barely squeeze by him, throttle full open and Sam Mehler pushing hard behind me. Sam gets a great run on me and powers past me on the Moraine straight. I hit the sand traps on T14 and fall to 12th as Yuri and Corey go by.

Lap 5: I'm pushing Eric D. hard, looking for a mistake. I go for a pass on the Moraine Straight. We both brake hard and turn in touching. I slow down on the inside grass to see Eric racing away with Joseph and Eric E. close behind. By the time I get my car back onto the track I'm back to 15th.

Lap 6: T1 finds Eric D. and William off track and I move into 13th, following Eric E. closely. Eric is wide in T2 and I move back into 12th.

Lap 7: I draft past Joseph and into 11th going down Moraine Straight.

Lap 8-10: I maintain 11th spot despite having a couple of offs, including a scary one at the kink.

Race 1 resutls:
1. Cristian H.
2. Keith B.
3. Saul B.
4. Tyler S.
5. Stefan W.
6. Eric N.
7. Sam M.
8. Peter B.
9. Corey T.
10. Yuri B.
11. Glenn P.
12. Joseph E.
13. Eric E.
14. William N.
15. John R.
16. Eric D.
17. Sam V.
18. Yves L. (disconnect)

Race 2 report to follow.

Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, USA
7 June 2010

GT Pro Division

Race 2:

I don't get a great jump off the line and going into T1, I've got William in front of me, Yuri on my left and Eric D. coming up fast on the right. I brake early, as I usually do in turn 1, first laps, and Eric shoots by me. Yuri goes off as does Keith up ahead. Everyone's dragging down Moraine Straight with Corey doing some off roading. I zip past him into 10th. I make a pass on Eric D. into T5 and set my sights on William's Corvette up ahead. Heading toward the kink, I flashback to the previous day where I was chasing William down in the DTM cars at this very spot and make a critical mistake that ends our race as well as Eric N.. I'm sure William was thinking the same thing looking in his mirror. Not today. I ease up and follow him through withut incident. But I'm not letting up on the pressure. I get besides him on T12 and we both go into the turn side by side. We touch and William goes into the sand. I pull off the track to allow William his spot back, which allows Keith, Eric D., Sam V, Corey, John and Yuri all to go by. I'm now in 15th. At T14, John spins in front of Yuri and I, but we both manage to squeeze through without contact. Yuri and I drag race across the finish line. He goes into the grass and I gain 13th spot going into T1.

Lap 2: At the end of the Moraine Straight, up ahead, Sam V. gets into the turn hot and slides into Corey. This launches Corey into a roll and leaving Sam sitting in the turn. He's on the outside edge and not in the groove so I turn into the apex. Except Sam begins moving again and right into my line where we hit. I continue on, a bit ruffled, but not damaged. Sam straightens his car out but gets into Saul, who seemed to have gone on an extended off road excursion himself. This sends Saul back into the grass. I look ahead only to see Cristian also reentering the track. I make an evasive maneuver into the grass to go around Cristian and manage to keep it all in one piece. After all that I'm in 9th with Yuri right behind me. I move into 8th shortly after that when Sam M. enters the pits to get a new bumper.

Lap 3: Cristian gets by down Moraine Straight as does Yuri but Yuri overshoots the turn and slides into the grass. Cristian goes wide also and I manage to keep my position this lap.

Lap 4: Cristian powers by me into T1 putting me into 9th. Eric D. and William a contesting hotly up ahead and eric goes off in T2 giving me 8th. T5 finds William and Cristian touching in the turn with Cristian coming out on top. I get by William for 7th. This is where Cristian pulls away easily, moving on to his next victim - Peter.

Lap 5-10: Cristian gets by Peter and moves on. I resolve to reel in Peter and try for a 5th place spot. I manage to gain a couple times only to lose my momentum with stupid bobbles. On lap 10 I've closed in on him and am looking for an opening. I think the only way I'm going to get by is if Peter makes a mistake. He's putting up a good fight, though, and I'm running out of lap. I make one more mistake - at the kink - and the fight is over. I puncture a tire and end up limping across the line in 7th, conceding my spot to Saul.

Race 2 Results:
1. Keith B.
2. Cristian H.
3. Tyler S.
4. Eric N.
5. Peter B.
6. Saul B.
7. Glenn P.
8. William N.
9. Eric D.
10. Corey T.
11. Sam V.
12. Sam M.
13. Eric E.
14. Joseph E.
15. Yuri B.
16. Stefan W.
17. John R.

Another epic track that demands solid driving. Little mistakes are dealt with harshly. In only 10 laps I went from 11th to 15th to 6th. A lot of action and always someone to race with. It's a lesson in being persistant and not giving up. My hats off to all the racers for an entertaining race with solid performances.

I do have one beef I'd like to bring up, though. It seems that one of the golden rules gets swept aside in the heat of the battle and the desire to not lose postions. The one I'm talking about is when cars go off track or stop on the track. Many of the drivers, both new and veteran have forgotten that you need to allow cars to pass and resume racing when there is an opening. I've seen many guys go off and resume without a thought about who their pulling in front of. I saw it in this race and in others and it seems to be increasing. Also, if your car comes to a stop on the track, DO NOT move into the line when there are cars approaching. Either stay still so cars can maneuver around you or hit escape to leave the race. Sorry.

Beyond that little 'beef', I'm looking forward to the next race with all you guys!
"Boy's, load up the GT Sports! We're going back in time to Fuji 1970!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 137 13.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years