RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Gary Paszek

I probably shouldn't of signed up for this event, should of let myself time to get things organized very sorry for not showing up:(, will forsure be there next sunday if this is a regular occurence.

First, thanks to Yves for organizing our first North American event.:thumb: And, also to everyone else for showing up. Hopefully, we can get more people from our time zone next time, but it was really great to have people from all over willing to take the time to support the event.

Secondly, I thought Road America was a super choice of tracks. I had only seen it on TV before and had never driven it before this week. It has some fun turns, and also some that just seemed impossible get right.

As far as the races went I decided to try and drive a fairly conservative race and stay on the track. Which turned out to be good strategy...

Had a bad start in Race 1 as I forgot that I was supposed to go when the lights go out.:) Duh! I was used to the rFactor MMG mod where they turn green. Thank goodness everyone went around me. Anyway, I worked my way up though the pack until I whacked Yves as he was coming back on the track. I just didn't see him until it was too late as I was concentraing on avoiding someone else, and then couldn't avoid contact. Bummer for both of us... It deranged my left front suspension and the car didn't handle right after that, and think it caused him problems also.

The second race was pretty uneventful and I chased Yves for most of the race. The gap fluctuated between 2.5 and 4.5 seconds most of the time depending on mistakes and good lines. But, I could never reel him in and just chased him hoping for an error. He never cooperated...:) At least I could see him.

I had fun and look forward to the next one.
Until then..:)

The second race was pretty uneventful and I chased Yves for most of the race. The gap fluctuated between 2.5 and 4.5 seconds most of the time depending on mistakes and good lines. But, I could never reel him in and just chased him hoping for an error. He never cooperated...:) At least I could see him.

:pound: thats a good one :p

You can't say I didn't check out every nook and cranny of Road America. :wink:

I heard that the secret to the BMW was to get stuck into the corners, but not sure this was what they meant. :bump2:

My next car has to have a huge bulls eye painted on the back. :rolleyes:

wadroadamerica1hc1.jpg

wadroadamerica2ou0.jpg

wadroadamerica3ri2.jpg

Now Karoly really started to attack and eventually past me on lap 10. I tried hard to get back past but i couldn't quite do it as he was always good on the brakes. On the last lap i saw an opening into the right hairpin and i ended up tapping the back of his car. I backed off a little and let him pull away by about a second but he spun on the next corner.
It was an amazing battle ;)
Yeah, I spun on the next corner. It caused by my steering wheel (logitech dfp). It always happens, when I steering hard (to get my balance back after you taped me).
In the next straight the direction of the steering wheel wasn't on the middle. I had to steer left more on the next corner, but I didn't.
(anyone have the same problem with this hardware?)

I've a 6th and a 5th place done.

It was an amazing battle ;)
Yeah, I spun on the next corner. It caused by my steering wheel (logitech dfp). It always happens, when I steering hard (to get my balance back after you taped me).
In the next straight the direction of the steering wheel wasn't on the middle. I had to steer left more on the next corner, but I didn't.
(anyone have the same problem with this hardware?)

I've a 6th and a 5th place done.

I've found with my Driving Force EX that you have to turn the wheel lock-to-lock before the game starts, or simply turn to the lock in the opposite direction to which the wheel is facing in. Simplified, this means that if the wheel is pointing to the right by itself, then you need to turn it all the way to the left. I'm not sure if this would work with you, as your wheel has 900 degree rotation and mine has 180, but you could give it a go and see what happens. :)

• Neil Gardner

It wasn't a punt Neil

Whoops, in that case I honestly don't know what I should have done there... I slid, recovered, and knowing you had a big run on me, stayed as far as possible to the left of the track on the seal since you were going to pass me easily...

However you DID hit me and put me off the track (I fortunately didn't spin and recovered only losing a few seconds)...

I really don't know what I should have done... The only way I could have avoided the accident was to slam on the brakes while I was in front of you and give up the space in front of myself, or dive off the track and take to the grass to get out of the space you were drifting into. What should I have done?

As for the rule of wait for the guy you hit - I would agree that it would be too harsh to expect in this case as I had already stuffed up and you were going to pass me easily.

I do object however to you claiming that you didn't punt me off when I had clearly recovered and was being very smooth about staying right on the edge of the track when you made contact and put me onto the grass...

If I did do something wrong here I'd really appreciate learning what it was - I really thought I had recovered and had given you enough room - I don't think I should have to drive onto the grass to get out of your way since I had completely recovered control...

Cheers - N

Oceania Zone Event No.10

radicalnight.jpg

Welcome to another event for our new Oceania Zone.

These races are primarily aimed towards our members in Australia, New Zealand, and S.E. Asia so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grids.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to Oceania members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the Radical SR3 230HP cars, but will use the Curitiba 07 track from Brazil.

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Sunday 31st of August 2008
Server: RaceDepartment.com AUS
Car: Radicals SR3 230HP
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Curitiba 07

Password: HERE

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 10:00 GMT, 30 mins (8.00PM Aust Eastern Standard Time)
Qualifying: 10:30 GMT, 30 mins (8.30PM AEST)
Race: 11:00 GMT, (9.00PM AEST)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please Note: Race start time will again be half hour earlier than previous Oceania events.

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Control:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members in needed.

1. Grant Waterman
2. David Lemon ***
3. Karoly Kajdy ***
4. Ian Beech ***
5. Günthar Rowe
6. Victor Shaw ***
7. Garry Pullen ***
8. Wally Masterson
9. Keith Peppiatt
11. Grant Powell ***
12. Matthew Parr ***
13. Michael Herrmann ***
14. Neil Gardner
15. Michael Stead
16. Vincent Kan ***
17. Razvan Pat ***
18. Rhys Gardiner
19. Imperious

Reserves

I think it is time to move on... Looking at the replays there were incidents that were suspect throughout the race. I suggest people stop pointing fingers and concentrate on the next race with a focus on clean, fair and ENJOYABLE racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back