RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hi,

Race 2
Sorry to Darren I messed up in the corner and out braked myself and had messed with the setup before race 2.

Sorry to Christian when he went to lap me, I tried to get out the way, but got in a bit of a mess and think I, may have locked up or something, very sorry it ended your race.

It's ok Garry maybe I was a little too aggressive coming up behind you, otherwise all is good.

Had great battles in the first race, with david first and then yves. After both dropped off I decided that racing at the front would be boring and waited a bit. And as is the case when you take your foot off the pedals its hard to get into the rythm again. But in the end David made it exciting by making a mistake into T3 and it gave me the open door to overtake on the last lap. Over all great fun.

Second race was a bit of a mess up for me. I got a Stop N Go for jumping the start. Then the incident with Garry left me with a broken front suspension which I decided was not safe to travel with and I ended it there. Over all great track great races, more of the same plz.

Big thanks to Yves. Cheers.

Thanks to Yves great fun and a great track!
icon14.gif

race1, Finished 8th nothing much to report was by myself most of the race.

race2, Finished 4th was on pole, 3rd for first few laps then ran wide(kids messin about
icon8.gif
) dropped back to 6th. Passed marcos after he ran wide then got keith few corners from the finish,think he ran out of fuel!!!!

Hope this turns into a regular event. GOOD JOB YVES:thumb:

• Marcos Ascensao

Incredible Races !
Race 1 - 3rd / Race 2 - 5th

Had some tough battles with my mate Luis Carlos in both races . Seen a lot of fair play from everyone !

Thanks to Yves and Race Department for setting up this event , let´s do it again !

Cheers everyone !

My Race Report.
I decided to have a go with some RWD action for once and took the E46. I had low expectations with this car but was looking forward to some fun with it.
Qualy was poor as expected, P14, I just haven't learned how to set up these Beemers.
Race 1, I had a steady and careful start but was passed by a couple of turn 1 chargers, most noteably Victor Shaw who whacked Wally into Jari and sent both cars off track. Victor, you are going to have to learn to take things more carefully, as this is becoming a habit. I had a few good laps with Imperious, thanks for the clean racing mate. I had the expected couple of off's but was generally happy to keep the Beemer fairly clean to finish P11.

Race 2, another cautious start, and again watched as people late braked into the pack at turn 1. I had a couple of nice laps with Jari but eventually reckoned I had held him up long enough and let him pass down the straight. Then i had some interesting scraps with Ben who was obviously quicker, but would pass then spin off and then repeat the dose some more. Unfortunately in lap 5 I had my infamous spin as reported by Wally. :redface: On the sweeping left hander, I barely touched the grass but it was enough to send the rear around, right in front of Wally. He did a great job of missing me but danced left and right into the wall. I spun into the grass, dropping a few places but could continue. Again, sorry Wally, my BMW noobiness.
Finally finished P9 after Cam speared off in the very last turn.

I had the fun I expected in the E46 but I sure have a lot to learn about the Beemers if I want to be competitive.

Thanks to all who raced, the driving standards were a bit iffy though in some cases. I think we did have greater lag issues with this race, maybe something to do with the track. However, if there is a little lag, it wouldn't hurt for people to be a tad more careful.

Race 1, I had a steady and careful start but was passed by a couple of turn 1 chargers, most noteably Victor Shaw who whacked Wally into Jari and sent both cars off track. Victor, you are going to have to learn to take things more carefully, as this is becoming a habit.
I had a private word after Fuji asking him how experienced he was and asking him to take the track re-entries more carefully.

thanks guys for all the thanks, it was a pleasure doing it although it would have been better if more of our time zone would have join but i understand that mid day on a sunday can be difficult for some.

a not so bad qualif was 5th on the grid, race 1 i had a very good start went 5th to 2th before turn 1 but got a little wide and lost second place, a few laps later got second place back cause the guy infront went wide, from there i was able to keep up with cristian until he went side way in a breaking zone which made me do a mistake and when i got back on the track i got hit by steve ( which i let pass me after ). from there i was deconcentrate and made some other mistake so finished 9th.

second race, started 9th and once again had an excellent start and was second after turn 1, the guy infront of me went a little side way in turn 2 and i got passed him by outbreaking him at turn 3, from there it was a walk in the park and went claiming my first victory.

thanks guys for the fun races and the fair play too, hope to see you on the track soon :thumb:

one word is able to discribe my races " HELL " :pound: the car wasn't so bad and had i not so bad qualif but the races were hell, after 7 laps in the race the tyres started to be worn and by lap 9 they were all gone. so i was just truing to stay on track and getting out of the others way but i like the track. see you all next time guys :thumb:

Name: Lee Downham
Control: Momo Force (Red)
Car: TBC, but there is the possibility of me using a custom skin :wink:
Special remarks: What´s that you say ... I signed up for 2 x 10 min Races at Porto ... are you sure I wasn´t under any kind of duress when I signed myself up for this!!? Doh! :doh:

Ok time for me to make some comments about the Racing Club expectations.
These are fun Racing Club events, not a serious League. Some of the behaviour tonight won't be tolerated in Leagues either, but what is happening to the friendly spirit of the Racing Club.

Interesting Comment Warren, have to admit I,ve been thinking more along the lines of serious league. Will take this on-board and start thinking more along the fun Racing Club event/friendly spirit of the Racing Club line. Actually missed that stuff in Qual as I went into another room for a while,watching the Olympics closing ceremony :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%