RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, this has to be the best thing you can do on a sunday morning.

Race 1, after qualifying in 4th got a good start and started by following Dan who was having a bit of a ding dong with Ries. Around lap five had my first spin and then a few laps later had another. Now behind Mr Buxton, got to go mano o mano with him but made the move stick going into the last complex before the start-finish straight. After Dave had a lock up going into T1, tapped me, I spun a little but managed to keep it pointing the right direction and back on track without lossing anytime. As we were now half distance I pitted and came out in 10th, pushed hard for the remainder of the race which got me another couple of places so crossed the line in 8th. Fun filled race but could have done without the couple of self induced spins.

Race 2, starting on pole got a good start and kept the lead. As the laps counted down I started to pull a gap on second place which grew slightly with every lap. I knew the weather conditions were going to worsen later in the race so I banked on staying out as long as I could & hoped that when I did pit it would be wet enough for wet tyres. By lap 9 I had a 6 second gap to 2nd but then he pitted. The next guy was Nigel but he pitted on lap 11 & I new he was going to go for wets as we talked about it on TS. By lap 12, which was the last lap I had to pit on the gap was now some 40 seconds and a lot of the guys had done their pitstops but I thought most of them would have put on slicks as at the time it was not wet enough to wets. After pitting and putting on wets I knew it was still not wet enough as after a couple of corners my tyres were very hot. I thought I had made the wrong decision but after 3 laps the rain started to fall proper and the tyres cooled and I knew I was on the right rubber. I had lost the lead to Jesper but was in hot pursuit in 2nd and over two laps managed to get right on his tail with one final lap left to make a pass. Jesper was struggling a lot in the now wet conditions and I knew by this he was on slicks. On the last lap I tried to line him up but pushed a little to hard going through the fast 4th gear right hander which lost me some time. I still had a faint chance if Jesper made any kind of mistake in the last few corners but he didn't so I followed him across the line in 2nd. If only there were a couple of more laps...................

Thanks to Dave for another exciting, fun packed sunday morning club racing experience. Grts to the winners, wd all podium finishers & thanks to all the guys who raced today, you were awesome as usual. Hope to see ya all next week.....

this was really painful to me.

I sign in the server waaaaay early to do a bit of testing and get my skin loaded in the game without the usual trickery to make it work. I get Disc'd once while I am AFK and reload once more.

I try to get signed in again after anothr DISC'd while I am AFK and am relegated to running a stock skin since it is about 9:35 when I get back to the Puter.

I cannot get in the server as 1/2 the menu is at 5,000! WTF! I PM Keith and he suggests I reboot my modem. Well that turns into a massive scramble to get the router and Modem working and the Puter accessing the WWW!

At the last minute I get it together and am racing the clock literally to just show up in time to race without a Q time. I cannot even PM Keith to ask for a delay to start Q or a revote to possibly get in after Q! PFFFFFFFFFT www = world wide wait!

9:57 I start the machine from power down, 9:58 start the game. 9:59 the game is finally loading! I get the server menu and it's clicks to 10:00 and I am locked out as the race is in warmup!

I sit there in stunned silence........................................

I am thinking I had run a 22.5 with only 5-7 laps of work and have no doubts I can touch the .2's which shoud be really competitive with a little more work that will never be..................

something inoccuous ricochets off the wall as I head off to watch the YanKees game........

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USAWTCC

Class: WTCC 06/07

Track: Padborg Park .

Weather: variable! use link for forecast
weather link ****Harrislee, DEU is the closest city for weather reports****

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Saturday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 10 mins SUPERPOLE (9:45 PM EDST)

Warmup: 10 mins

Race: 2x20 laps w/
1 mandatory pit stop for 2 tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

This event is for the "kid from downunder" Rhys Gardiner! Rhys has been racing here at RD before me and has been a HUGE part of the scene in the Friday Nights WTCC/STCC events and the ATCC league. I have watched Rhys really gain some seroius speed and Racecraft but his first Friday Night touring car win had eluded him for more than a year! He found himself in position to win more than once and fate just kept snatching it from him............

Well Rhys finally broke the barrier and got a solid win at Bridgehampton driving a Chevy! Go figure man. The Factory Alfa Romeo driver scored in a GM! LOL

HE now backed up that win with a beauty at Elkhart Lake 08 last week holding KEith Barrick at bay for the top spot! Could this be a trend?

When the race concluded at Bridgehampton he was ecstatic about the win and rightfully so. I asked if he'd like to pick the next track for Friday Night in honor of the victory. He replied with PADBORG PARK!

So Rhys here ya go man! Good on ya Mate! Cheers!

Entry List:

1. Eric "Bat Man" Nelson
  2. Michael "Uncle Sam" Carver
  3. Joao Borges
  4. Kevin "big oil" Hopkins -Skin
  5. Glenn "mile high" Petersen
  6. Robert "lift off" Isles
  7. Paul Wood
  8. Willie "Rembrandt" Watt
  9. Linus "stock car" Brostrom
  10. Jesper Tauborg
  11. Daniel Wood
  12. Keith "Iceman" Barrick - Skin
  13. Tyler " silent assasin" Scurlock
  14. Michael "father time" Scheppingen
  15. Frank "beamer" Anderson
  16. Brendan "Sydney" Crosby - Skin
  17. Claudio Caferri
  18. driver
  19. driver
  20. driver
  21. driver
  22. driver
  23. driver
  24. driver
  25. Stefan Werner (maybe)

Make sure you consult the weather link for the forecast on raceday! We will be "transporting" ourselves there which means the hours you should use in the details is the local time (9:45 PM) as listed in our race announcement! So check the weather for 9:45 PM and beyond in the forecast page!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%